What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

scratchy

A Waterman 52 from a member, a Lamy Vista and 2 Ahab's again. Argh can't control myself. suffering from FPBA where is my shrinks phone number!!

One boring blue, one boring black 1mm thickness at most....

Then there are Fountain Pens with gorgeous permanent inks..

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• TeaHive

• 79spitfire

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sailor Strawberry Milk. Will be loaded with Iroshizuku Cosmos.

Tes rires retroussés comme à son bord la rose,

Effacent mon dépit de ta métamorphose;

Tu t'éveilles, alors le rêve est oublié.

-Jean Cocteau, from Plaint-Chant, 1923

Two Parker Sonnets, Black and to be loaded with Parker Black ink. Ink you can see.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I read Ianmedium's post on the Bookworm675 and decided to give it a try.

Ordered a Waterman's N° 52 from a FPN user recently. :)

"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often at times we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

A Sheaffer Snorkel in what looks to be Peacock Blue, a Midnight Blue P-51, a lot that might have 1-2 more 51's in it (they might be 21's the picture was really bad) and, what I'm most excited about, a Parker 51 Aero in Cocoa with a demonstrator hood. All for a total of $121.77 shipped, it was a good weekend on eBay!

A Japanese demonstrator & a pad of Fiorenza, supposed fountain pen friendly paper. We shall see. Anyway, everyone enjoy your pens!

Myste

Nice pen!!! What is his name,and where did you get it?

Edited by Lince

Just saw the UPS Quantum View shipping notice that my Nakaya Long Cigar will be here Wednesday. I hope to be impressed after the 4 month wait

Bob

Edited by DriedUpBob

"The fountain pen is mightier than the ballpoint"

My Blog: www.MyPenNeedsInk.com

Waiting on a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise with F nib and a Lamy Safari 2012 China Limited Edition. Both are en route from Japan.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Namiki Falcon red resin broad nib.

I may get the broad nib ground to a medium italic. I'm getting less and less of an urge to buy pens now : /

The only pens I'm really lusting after are Noodler pens and Namiki/Pilot soft-nibbed pens.

Pilot Prera clear
Monteverder Artista turquoise (for my wife)
Aurora 88 nera demonstrator
And a Peli M405 I bought here a while ago...

Welp, I just about finished for the year this week. Call me a heathen, but I just ordered a CW&T Pen Type-A (for a little better than 33% off retail). It's just… I don't want any fountain pens.

… Because I already have almost all the ones I want. It's not that I'm spectacularly wealthy or successful at this hobby, but I go for the simple, elegant, and unadorned - it's not my favorite writer any more, but I think the Parker 25 is the most handsome pen I've ever held. The Lamy 2000 is the only thing that might come close to dethroning it, but I've never held one. I'll grab the only two fountain pens I still want when I can get them cheaply; there's a brisk trade in 2000s, used and new, and TWSBI's Vac 700 doesn't suit everyone. Both occasionally go for more than 30% below retail, and for now, I'll be patient. The only hard-to-find pen I've got that I'm really proud of is a Sheaffer desk pen that completes the desk set that my parents signed their marriage license with; one of the pens in it went missing, and finding one of just the right vintage was surprisingly difficult. I think I gave up a perfect match (in my desk drawer) in favor of a Triumph nib (Finally, I own a Sheaffer that doesn't leak writes like a dream!), but you really have to pay attention to spot the difference.

But right now? It's hard to be patient. I can expect to wait 12 more hours for my heavy, American-made, stainless steel rollerball, and I can't sleep because of it.

Chrontius, I just looked at the Type-A and it's very unique and beautiful. I really like the concept. Can't wait to hear all about it.

I have the plan to get to the point where I am waiting for NOTHING. Grrr...

The Visconti Opera Crystal Mosquito arrived after an adventurous journey, and I sent it back the next to day, so that Mr van de Graaf can send it to Italy; maybe the people at Vicsonti's will be able to perform some more work on the nib, so that it will actually write instead of skip.

Still waiting for the two pens with Pendleton's nibs, a TWSBI and another Visconti, sent from the US and from Canada (my bonnie is over the ocean...).

And now waiting for two Ranga Duofold like ebonite pens, one in solid orange (for my sister), one in solid blue (for me).

That makes five.

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

The demonstrator I found on Ebay for $18. Now I lust after an OHTO Dude.

Myste

post-96875-0-79996200-1372426854_thumb.jpg

I'm a geek with a fountain pen.

The Visconti Opera Crystal Mosquito arrived after an adventurous journey, and I sent it back the next to day, so that Mr van de Graaf can send it to Italy; maybe the people at Vicsonti's will be able to perform some more work on the nib, so that it will actually write instead of skip.

Still waiting for the two pens with Pendleton's nibs, a TWSBI and another Visconti, sent from the US and from Canada (my bonnie is over the ocean...).

And now waiting for two Ranga Duofold like ebonite pens, one in solid orange (for my sister), one in solid blue (for me).

That makes five.

Iris, I love the look of the Crystal Mosquito but the name makes me itch. ;) You're very patient but I understand sending it back is necessary as you want a pen that writes! Hope your pens arrive quickly!