Photo

What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

• Please log in to reply
8780 replies to this topic

#8761 dojocho

dojocho

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2014 - 13:59

Should arrive tomorrow :-)

$_85.JPG

Mine is on its way as well... 

#8762 Tasmith

Tasmith

Phantoms Phorever!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2014 - 14:30

No pens, just two items from Nock Co: Lookout three pen holster in midnight - blue jay, and Brasstown Zip Roll Pen Case in midnight - blue jay.

#8763 Hallel

Hallel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2014 - 15:18

After spending almost a week in Canadian Customs I am finally expecting my parcel to arrive today or tomorrow.

A Noodlers Ahab and Neponset. I am also expecting a Levenger Truewriter Kyoto from Massdrop and a Sheaffer Balance in Carmine from ebay. I am pretty excited.
The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

#8764 amk

amk

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2014 - 15:33

A Bexley Corona in blueberry, and a bunch of parts pens including a Lamy 2000. Really looking forward to the Bexley!

#8765 CSG

CSG

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 16:35

A Montblanc Miesterstuck ballpoint I snagged on ebay from a NY thrift shop with a BIN of $79 including a nice looking leather case.  The seller didn't say but I think it's a 164.  The pictures were terrible but I could see the serial number marking on the clip ring.  Looks to be in pretty good shape.

#8766 TeaHive

TeaHive

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2014 - 17:43

It's a miracle! I got an email back from Ackerman Pens today after sending them three emails! My pump pen should be sent out by the end of the week. So.. we'll see on that front. But I'm kind of amazed that I got a response at all, so it's some kind of progress, right? Right?! *crossing fingers*

"To a dusty shelf we aspire." - from Possession, by A. S. Byatt

1937 Red/Black Parker Deluxe Challenger: Diamine Oxblood. Lamy AL-Star Deep Purple: Iroshizuku Yama-Budo. Lamy AL-Star Limited Bluegreen: Iroshizuku Syo-Ro. 1947 Azure Pearl Parker Vacumatic: Noodler's Squeteague. 1937 Black Parker Challenger: Diamine Eclipse. 1920's Parker Lady Duofold: Diamine Autumn Oak. Noodler's Ahab Crow with Monteverde black nib: Heart of Darkness.

#8767 gweimer1

gweimer1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2014 - 17:53

Didn't I just recently swear I was going to take it easy the rest of the year?

Parker 51 vac

Parker Vacumatic

Sheaffer Crest, maybe

Sheaffer Craftsman, maybe

The good news is that there is balance - I have items also going outbound.

#8768 Stu L

Stu L

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2014 - 23:35

Just won my first Parker 51 - Aero :)

c'mon Mr postman!

#8769 pendexter

pendexter

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:23

Waiting for three pens, none of which have tracking :/

Ackerman Pump with Manga G + Overfeed. I have no idea when that things gonna get in... 

Hero 616 all the way from China, which will probably get here before the Ackerman, even though it's in my home state... 

Pelikan M800 Black/Green from Germany. 

Christmas is going to come a few days early for me :)

#8770 Floreat

Floreat

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:48

A yellow Pilot Prera
Two Herbin demonstrators
And a Bubinga wood pen from Desiderata pens :)
UK-based pen fan. I love beautiful ink bottles, sealing wax, scented inks, and sending mail art. Also, thanks to a wonderful custom-ground nib by forum member Bardiir, I'm currently attempting calligraphy after years of not being able to do so due to having an odd pen-grip :D

#8771 TeaHive

TeaHive

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:57

Waiting for three pens, none of which have tracking :/

Ackerman Pump with Manga G + Overfeed. I have no idea when that things gonna get in... 

Hero 616 all the way from China, which will probably get here before the Ackerman, even though it's in my home state... 

Pelikan M800 Black/Green from Germany. 

Christmas is going to come a few days early for me :)

Probably true, about the Hero 616 arriving first. A nice pen for the price, I might add!

I ordered the same Ackerman on October 31st, and finally got a response yesterday to the whereabouts of the pen. It should ship out soon, but I'm almost willing to bet your 616 will STILL arrive before MY pump pen does. :P Still, I'm pretty excited about it. The pens themselves seem to get great reviews, even if the customer service needs work (to put it lightly).

1937 Red/Black Parker Deluxe Challenger: Diamine Oxblood. Lamy AL-Star Deep Purple: Iroshizuku Yama-Budo. Lamy AL-Star Limited Bluegreen: Iroshizuku Syo-Ro. 1947 Azure Pearl Parker Vacumatic: Noodler's Squeteague. 1937 Black Parker Challenger: Diamine Eclipse. 1920's Parker Lady Duofold: Diamine Autumn Oak. Noodler's Ahab Crow with Monteverde black nib: Heart of Darkness.

#8772 Floreat

Floreat

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:33

AcKerman? I was confused there, obviously because of Akkerman, the lovely ink and pen seller in The Hague :( I've not heard of the pump pens before but if the owner of the company isn't actually called Ackerman or from somewhere called Ackerman etc then I really don't like what they appear to have done in naming their company :( sorry, this issue has probably been brought up before! It's very early morning here and I haven't been to sleep yet so I am speaking my brainz.

I hope your pen arrives soon TeaHive :)
UK-based pen fan. I love beautiful ink bottles, sealing wax, scented inks, and sending mail art. Also, thanks to a wonderful custom-ground nib by forum member Bardiir, I'm currently attempting calligraphy after years of not being able to do so due to having an odd pen-grip :D

#8773 TeaHive

TeaHive

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 19:02

The creator of these pump pens is named Charles Ackerman, so... that's how the name came to be. It's like a mechanical pencil, in dip pen form. There's a reservoir inside the pen barrel that you pump with your finger to get more ink out, and you put all variety of dip nibs in it, depending on the type of feed/section  you buy. Not to mention dip pen inks and paint, which you cannot put in a regular fountain pen.

So, a dip pen body with fountain pen convenience, mechanical pencil function. Excellent for sketching on the go where you don't want to carry bottles of ink everywhere, and for the flexy fanatic, a dream come true in a cheaper form compared to vintage wet noodles.

Like I said, the pens have great reviews knocking around on the Internet in general, and here on FPN. The customer service is, uh...lacking. (A.K.A. almost nonexistent, until you start bugging them with emails every couple days.) But it seems that, even with lack of communication, you usually end up getting your pen in a few weeks to a few months after you place your order. Or so I've read.

Still waiting.. hopefully pendexter doesn't have to wait too long! I was told they were out of the Manga G nibs, hence the delay, and that more should be arriving soon. So there's hope.

#8774 Helen350

Helen350

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 20:19

My TWSBI Mini arrived with the 1.5 nib, however, I had to return it to TWSBI - very scratchy nib on (3) grades of paper.  Trusting they will resolve this issue and return the pen to me in working order.

Edited by Helen350, 21 November 2014 - 20:25.

#8775 Helen350

Helen350

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 20:24

A Bexley Corona in blueberry, and a bunch of parts pens including a Lamy 2000. Really looking forward to the Bexley!

Isn't that Bexley Corona Blueberry a stunner!  I love my Bexley pens, and trust you will have a wonderful writing experience with your Corona.

#8776 ddyager

ddyager

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 20:55

I think this has almost ended its journey. A Pilot Custom 845 in vermillion from Tokyo.

pilot-custom845.jpg

#8777 Consulting Detective

Consulting Detective

Mint

• Member - Bronze

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 22:59

Update:

In addition to on the arrival of the Everwahl from the great country of New Zealand, I just also ordered 3 Pens, 

- A Monteverde Invincia Color Fusion in Spit Fire Red

- A Monteverde Jewelria in Green

- And A Jinhao x450 in Gold/Red 

Hopefully should arrive by next week , hopefully...

Edited by Consulting Detective, 21 November 2014 - 22:59.

Currently owned FP's: Jinhao Chinese Porcelain Design (950 Series), Jinhao "Hatori Hanzo" 5000 Year of the Dragon, Jinhao x450 Red/Gold, Monteverde Jewelria, Monteverde Invincia ColorFusion "Triump Spit-Fire Red", Lamy Safari Charcoal, Lamy Vista, and 1952 Eversharp Symphony

Hope-to-own soon: TWSBI VAC-700, TWSBI 580, and Noodlers Konrad Acrylic Flex Pen

#8778 Sandy Fry

Sandy Fry

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2014 - 23:34

The all black Faber Castell E-Motion.

David

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the
domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which
no good man will consent to lose but with his life.

#8779 WetNoodle

WetNoodle

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 23:43

Levenger True Writer Select in Macchiato.

#8780 tringle

tringle

Needful Things

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 01:54

I am waiting for a grail pen.

An Eisenstadt "backwards" lever filler.   I am chomping at the bit.

#8781 mknoblauch

mknoblauch

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 11:30

Gorgeous!

Should arrive tomorrow :-)
$_85.JPG

Edited by mknoblauch, Yesterday, 11:30.