What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

scratchy

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• TeaHive

• 79spitfire

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sailor 1911 Standard size in deep blue with a music nib.

MB 149 coming from Italy

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

There's a Hero 616 Jumbo somewhere between Chicago and Atlanta with my name on it. There's also a Platinum PE-500 coming from speerbob that I'm really looking forward to.

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)

Currently waiting for:

Bought both from same seller

- Waterman Taperite

- Conway Stewart 106

Bought in a lot

- Parker Vacumatic

- Wearever

- Congress

- Pelikan M 120

Hope to have them within 2 weeks.

Writing with pen and ink, is an endeavour both stimulating and cathartic.

Just received, yesterday, (2) Rhodia Dot Pads, (2) Clairefontaine Graph Pads and a bottle of Noodler's Red-Black. Both the pads (don't see a whole lot of difference between them) are wonderful to write on. Boy, are they nice!

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

Well, the 51 arrived today (haven't even had time to open the package yet, because I'm having to charge up the camera batteries :headsmack: -- I wanted to give it the full court press of the "unveiling" :thumbup:). But while it was still in transit I saw a great deal on a UK made Parker Vector (a "buy it now"), so that one is hopefully now in transit (supposed to arrive sometime next week).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Congrats on the 51! :thumbup:

Thanks! Turns out the pen is a 51 Special (a tiny bit disappointing -- I was hoping it was an Aerometric). It's burgundy, I think (of course I was *also* hoping a bit that it was Plum :rolleyes: , with a silver-tone cap with a black jewel, and what looks to be an F or even an EF nib. From my researching, it appears to date to between 1950 and 1954, since the cap only says "Parker" on it, and the filling instructions on the sleeve over the squeeze bar says to use Superchrome ink.

Pen seemed to have some gunk crusted on the nib and feed at first, but when I did a fill of distilled water to test the pen it seemed to have washed off. A little rust or some other sort of corrosion on the ribbed part of the squeeze bar, right where it meets the sleeve. Don't know how much I need to be concerned about that (may drop a query into the Q&A Repairs Forum if it looks as if it's getting worse).

Seems to write okay; although I find that the ink which I reconstituted is really light -- probably Quink Blue, so you all can just imagine what *diluted* Quink Blue looks like.... :blink:

Not happy with how the pix came out, so I'm going to try again tomorrow in (hopefully) better light; and try to remember to take pictures of the 21 I got last week as well. I want to do a side by side comparison between the two pens -- especially given that they were both designed as low(er) budget versions of the regular 51s (plus both seem to have fine-ish nibs and the 21 is "red" -- against the "burgundy" 51 Special).

Not appearing to be quite so lucky about the Vector (which, oddly, is also supposed to be red). The original ship date was between 2/5 and 2/8, but when I went to check on a tracking # the listing is *now* saying 2/8-2/11! :glare: Have a query off to the seller asking what gives (and if there was some problem, why I wasn't notified). I mean, if they had a family emergency or something, that's one thing, but they should *still* let buyers know there's a problem; but if they're just blowing me off for some reason, that's another issue entirely.... :angry:

Seller of the Vector has 100% positive feedback; stay tuned, folks.... I may be posting on Facebook about this as well, when I posted yesterday about the pens I bought, an old friend (who turned out to be a FP user -- who knew? -- but who lost all her collection in a fire last year) wanted to know where she could also get a $10 fountain pen. I'm now a bit concerned that she will also try to buy one of the two pens the seller still has left; I can afford to be out the cost + shipping (although I'm cranky enough that I don't let stuff like that slide) -- but she's on disability, and really *can't*.... :glare:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A Torelli MB demonstrator!

In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.

Parker 51 Vacumatic -> http://gregminuskin.com/?p=7827

"It’s more valuable and impressive to have 50 people admiring your handwriting than have five million hitting the delete button. No one has ever said I have lovely keystrokes." - Stephen Bayley, May 2012

A blue carbonesque Vanishing Point with a M nib from the Goulets. To keep the pen company are some Iroshizuku samples, a bottle of Diamine Red Dragon, and an A5 Rhodia Webnotebook. :cloud9:

Hi,

I'm waiting for a few pens to come back from repair:

Aurora 88 Not mine. Someone else's

Aurora Hastil

Aurora 98

Aurora Optima x2

Stipula Passaporto

Pilot Custom 74

There are two more

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Sailor 1911 is on its way from Japan ( one of my friend is on his visit :thumbup: )

waiting for 5 pens from Ratnamson pens - ordered Ebonite Eye Droppers 1 month ago, should be coming in next few days !

LAMY AlStar | Montblanc Meisterstuck | Deccan Author | Deccan Advocate|

Ratnamson Supreme, Ratnamson No.302, Ratnamson No.32, Ratnamson No.21 | Sailor 1911 standard

Update on my post from last night:

Heard back from the seller about an hour or so after sending them a query (family emergency, just got back home). Vector to be put in the mail Monday. YAY!

Sounds as if their record of 100% positive feedback is remaining intact.... :thumbup:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My Hero 616 Jumbo and Platinum PE-500 have already been delivered--way early! bunny01.gifbunny01.gif

I sold a pen and bought a pen today. So now there's a Lamy 2000 in the mail for me. I really hope it lives up to all the glowing reviews. happyberet.gif

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)

Nemosine Demonstrator...Just received a Platinum 3776 Medium with Iroshizuku Take Sumi

Edited by dspeers58