Photo

What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

• Please log in to reply
8370 replies to this topic

#31 mrdavie

mrdavie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 22:24

It's been a while since I purchased a new pen and once I was smitten, I could not resist. It all started when I received a card in the mail advertising a sale at the Montblanc "boutique" (you have to imagine pronouncing "boutique" like
"b o o t e e e e k" drawing it out like the rich and famous. God, that name just turns me off. Anyway, I stopped by for probably the first time ever and asked if they had any fountain pens on sale. After limiting the pens to piston-filled, I chose a Le Grand black with platinum trim. All of these models had BB nibs so they sent one back to the factory to be fitted/replaced with an Extra Fine nib. I payd 30% off list.

#32 Fountainbass

Fountainbass

Awaiting the Perfect Title

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 23:42

QUOTE(Sharkle @ Mar 21 2008, 04:16 PM) View Post
I love getting pens in the mail, even if most times I have to go to USPS or UPS and pick 'em up myself. wink.gif

I know that feeling...it seems like most times my pens arrive at my work address, it's on Saturday when we're closed! crybaby.gif

I'm impatiently waiting for an early '20s Parker Duofold. cloud9.gif
Posted Image

#33 RitaCarbon

RitaCarbon

Aware

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 23:56

I'm waiting for a blue vintage Eclipse that I got on e-bay. It's 10 days from my victorious paypal payment, but the pen is not here it. How long should I wait? The seller does not respond to my e-mail messages...

I am screwed. Hate waiting... wallbash.gif
Posted Image"Embrace it! Pens are good."
--artaddict

#34 punch

punch

Curmudgeon

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 00:59

QUOTE(punch @ Mar 21 2008, 03:24 PM) View Post
Eagerly awaiting a Pelikan M650 in black and vermiel.

Well, I just got a phone mail that said that in spite of them having the pen listed on the web site, and in spite of telling me that it was in stock when I made a long distance call (not toll free) to make SURE that it was in stock, they really DON'T have it in stock. Of course, they could sell me a more expensive pen . . . NOT! Guess that I will be looking for something else somewhere else.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional and illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

#35 cklondon

cklondon

Internaut

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:46

QUOTE(scratchy @ Mar 21 2008, 05:35 AM) View Post
Helloooo fellow pen hounds..... happyberet.gif

I have just ordered a Sailor Sapporo F nib with gold trim. I don't reckon it will arrive till next week though...... crybaby.gif
(I've already got a Professional Gear with B nib)

For what pen(s) are you waiting, in the mail? And are you waiting patiently lol....

My Waterman Charleston is in getting serviced, which is leaving me to appreciate the simple, reliable workings of my Sheaffer Javelin.

Also waiting for some ink:

Noodler`s 4.5 oz Legal Lapis (2 btls)
Noodler`s 4.5 oz Violet Vote (formerly Iraqi Indigo)
Noodler`s 3 oz Bullet-Proof Black
Private Reserve Black Cherry

Chris
---
Don't take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway!

#36 aka

aka

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:31

Currently waiting for my ivory Pilot Prera with fine nib.... COME ON!!!!

#37 JSolinger

JSolinger

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:35

I'm waiting on a Sheafer Imperial.

#38 Russ

Russ

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,792 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:58

I'm waiting for a Cross Apogee in Titian Red with a broad nib.

Like Punch, my vendor listed the pen for sale only to e-mail saying that Cross claimed it would take "at least thirty days" before it shipped (most likely from Cross!). Since I paid less than full retail, I guess I'll wait; no sense rushing only to spend more money .......... but while I was polite with the vendor, I was really irritated. What I saved in payment I will spend in time.

#39 girlieg33k

girlieg33k

• Member - Gold

• 1,837 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:18

Namiki Custom Impressions in blue celluloid (thanks Greyfox!)
Old style Pelikan 400 with blue stripes w/ my first example of a Deb Kinney nib (thanks again, Greyfox!)
Aurora Optima Primareva LE
Aurora Optima Mare LE
and those will be it for awhile...err... maybe one more, Visconti Ragtime that I have a snipe on in eBay if things work out (not holding my breath though) biggrin.gif

Edited by girlieg33k, 22 March 2008 - 03:19.

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

#40 wadeo22

wadeo22

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:56

I am waiting for a Faber Castell Ambition (broad tip) and a Lamy Safari in yellow with calligraphy nib.

First FPs I have bought, and I am (needless to say) excited about their arrival.

I have ordered them from stylo.ca in Canada, where I live.

Depending on how they work out, I am hoping to get a Lamy Studio and Pelikan Pura on down the line- anyone with any advice please let me know! I am intrigued by this whole fountain pen thing.

All opinions are welcome, but know that I am a budget buyer of limited means, so I won't be considering any of the truly legendary pens anytime soon. My pens are for drawing and personal note-taking.

I willl let you all know how my first purchase goes!

wo

#41 scratchy

scratchy

non-scratch now

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:03

Yes let us know wadeo22!

(I for one have been wanting to know what Faber Castell pens are like...... so give us your opinion when you get them!)

scratchy
Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib
Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib
Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib
Pilot VP red/GT M nib
Bexley Simplicity bronze GT B nib
Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

#42 jdclarkson

jdclarkson

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 13:47

Waiting for my new Dark Blue Pelikan M805 to return from having its 3B nib reground to a cursive italics. Should arrive today.
Posted Image

"Let those who don't want none
have memories of not gettin' any."

—Bro. David Gardner

#43 greencobra

greencobra

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,623 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 14:22

QUOTE(jdclarkson @ Mar 22 2008, 09:47 AM) View Post
Waiting for my new Dark Blue Pelikan M805 to return from having its 3B nib reground to a cursive italics. Should arrive today.

I love waiting to get a pen back from nib work. I'm like a kid at Christmas, the anticipation builds until your ready to burst.

I'm waiting on, after much drama, an Omas Arco Milord w/fine nib and silver fixtures.
JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

#44 cmenice

cmenice

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 908 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 14:25

Still waiting on my Glenmonts. I delayed my trip just to be able to receive them today. They better be here! wallbash.gif

#45 Whippet

Whippet

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 14:43

I'm waiting for my next pen. I don't know what it is yet...but I can't wait to receive it. biggrin.gif
Antonym, n.: The opposite of the word you're trying to think of.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
Robert Heinlein

There is much that is unexplained....Until it is! (Walter Bishop 2009)

#46 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,928 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 16:14

I'm waiting for 2 pens, both currently with Richard Binder -
A previously owned Montblanc 146 in need of flow adjustment and getting a 0.6 mm stub
A previously owned Parker 51 aerometric in need of nib smoothing

#47 rogerb

rogerb

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,787 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 22:17

I can now add the black Duofold International I've just bought from another FPNer smile.gif

Edited by rogerb, 23 March 2008 - 20:36.

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you. Don Marquis US humorist (1878 - 1937)

#48 inkdesigner

inkdesigner

Ink Making Maniac

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2008 - 23:02

I'm waiting for pens from 2 places right now. Ome is a set (FP and RB) from Brian Gray. They are in red/black ebonite with a Taccia signle tone nib in F. The pens have a Menlo clip with the Beaumont centerband, all done in rhodium. The pens have flat top and bottom, with a star of life engraved into the tops of each pen. Real beauties, made for me to use in my part time gig as an EMT.

The second pen I am waiting on might just become the most memorable/treasured pen in my collection. It is a Bexley Cigar Aficionado in black heavy cast acrylic. It is fitted with an early Bexley 14K medium/broad nib. Some may ask why this pen will ne so treasured and memorable for me. This is a pen I purchased from the great Al Mayman, who recently passed away. While I never met him in person, we corresponded several times via email and the discussion was always friendly and helpful. We last spoke on Saturday (03/15), when I purchased this pen. I am greatly saddened by Al's passing and this pen will most certainly become a prized pen and a daily user and I'll always think fondly of Al as I use it.

Inkdesigner
Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.

--Franklin D. Roosevelt

#49 scratchy

scratchy

non-scratch now

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2008 - 20:24

inkdesigner that's a great way to remember a friend

cmenice I hope you will receive your Glenmonts soon

as for me I seem to have a talent for ordering a pen at the wrong time - holiday post......not! oh well i just need to be patient.......

scratchy
Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib
Pilot VP red/GT M nib
Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

#50 rogerb

rogerb

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,787 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 20:35

QUOTE(rogerb @ Mar 22 2008, 11:17 PM) View Post
I can now add the black Duofold I've just bought from another FPNer smile.gif

........and a Burgundy Sailor 1911 with Zoom nib (also from a FPNer)...can't wait to play with that smile.gif
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you. Don Marquis US humorist (1878 - 1937)

#51 scratchy

scratchy

non-scratch now

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2008 - 20:40

QUOTE(rogerb @ Mar 23 2008, 08:35 PM) View Post
........and a Burgundy Sailor 1911 with Zoom nib (also from a FPNer)...can't wait to play with that smile.gif

rogerb - I hope you get that soon, it sounds great
Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib
Pilot VP red/GT M nib
Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

#52 Titivillus

Titivillus

Museum Piece

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,881 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 22:11

OMAS Milord cartridge filler in black

Lamy 2000 with EF nib.

Kurt

#53 scratchy

scratchy

non-scratch now

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2008 - 19:49

Has anyone got their new FPs in the mail yet........or should I be looking at the 'what pen did you get today?' thread? blush.gif
Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib
Pilot VP red/GT M nib
Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

#54 sbullock

sbullock

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 20:12

ones gettin a crack repaired and an XF regrind, and im waiting for an XF Lamy 2000
to arrive from Krautland.

#55 piembi

piembi

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,862 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2008 - 22:00

Waiting for my Pelikan 400 tortoise to ruturn repaired from Pelikan.
And I am waiting for a Parker 51 burgundy ....

#56 rogerb

rogerb

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,787 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 22:41

Well I thought I was awaiting the news that my Dolce Vita OS was en route, but just received an email from my supplier, of which this is an extract:

"I don't like to send on pens -- even if factory sealed as this one was -- without examining and adjusting the nib prior to shipping, as I want the pen to be ready to write without any adjustment on the part of the customer. In my experience, close to 90% of the pens I receive -- from all manufacturers -- require some adjustment on my part before I send them on their way.

Your pen took the prize! :-) The nib was only halfway inserted into the section, causing it to jam into the cap top. Further, the rubber gasket that fits onto the threads of the section -- and allows the pen to function as an eyedropper -- had a split in it, which would have caused leakage upon first filling with ink, should you have used it in that fashion.

The good news is that YAFA *does* have another Fine nib and section, and they will be shipping it out to me (hopefully today). So, we still should get your pen on its way to you this week."

So I suppose I could say I am likely to be waiting a while longer...... does Delta (or Visconti) understand the concept of Quality Control?

#57 Deirdre

Deirdre

Stipula Ventidue Ti Nib Adoption Agency

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,121 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 23:14

QUOTE(rogerb @ Mar 24 2008, 03:41 PM) View Post
Well I thought I was awaiting the news that my Dolce Vita OS was en route, but just received an email from my supplier, of which this is an extract:

It may be disappointing, but your supplier gets an A+.
deirdre.net
"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

#58 encephalartos

encephalartos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 00:32

QUOTE(Deirdre @ Mar 24 2008, 04:14 PM) View Post
QUOTE(rogerb @ Mar 24 2008, 03:41 PM) View Post

It may be disappointing, but your supplier gets an A+.

I THOUGHT I was still waiting for my dark blue Sailor 1911, XF nib, to return from the pen
spa of Chez Mottishaw, after going for recovery from an unfortunate nib-first tabletop
encounter. But, UPS delivered today, so, not waiting anymore, except to decide what
ink to use... rolleyes.gif

#59 J English Smith

J English Smith

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,414 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 00:41

Two Parker 45s to add to my little "fleet o' 45s"...one in the lighter green with lustraloy cap and silver trim, the other the darker green and my first GOLD CAP 45.

Editorial comment: It's annoying when some eBay sellers wait two weeks for a $13 check to come, and clear...oh well. I have certainly enjoyed the widespread atmosphere of trust here on FPN.
"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."
-Marlowe, in The Long Goodbye

#60 cmenice

cmenice

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 908 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:47

My Glenmonts have arrived. All I can say is very very nice.