Photo

What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

• Please log in to reply
8963 replies to this topic

#1 scratchy

scratchy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:35

Helloooo fellow pen hounds..... happyberet.gif

I have just ordered a Sailor Sapporo F nib with gold trim. I don't reckon it will arrive till next week though...... crybaby.gif
(I've already got a Professional Gear with B nib)

For what pen(s) are you waiting, in the mail? And are you waiting patiently lol....
Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib
Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib
Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib
Bexley Simplicity bronze GT B nib
Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

#2 david6

david6

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:34

QUOTE(scratchy @ Mar 21 2008, 08:35 AM) View Post

I have just ordered a Sailor Sapporo F nib with gold trim. I don't reckon it will arrive till next week though...... crybaby.gif

For what pen(s) are you waiting, in the mail? And are you waiting patiently lol....

I'm waiting for a Waterman Carene Amber fountain pen with broad nib. I received an email saying that it was posted yesterday (Thursday 20th) but with the Easter holidays when it will arrive is anyones guess. Am I waiting patiently - what do you think rolleyes.gif

Edited by david6, 21 March 2008 - 11:14.

#3 sumgaikid

sumgaikid

Don't mess with the kitteh......

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:51

QUOTE(scratchy @ Mar 21 2008, 04:35 AM) View Post

Aurora Optima Sole.... cool.gif
Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

#4 NeoTiger

NeoTiger

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:28

Man... way too many, that's for sure.... I've probably blown away the rest of the year's pen budget just these last 2 weeks....

Lets see now. 2x Visconti Van Goghs... 2x Acme Simpsons LE... Pilot Bamboo... Parker Duofold Olive Checks....

Wow... that's like almost $1000 worth of pens crybaby.gif. I'm gonna regret this tongue.gif
Not the rest of the year's pen budget, but looks like the next 10 years.

Edited by NeoTiger, 21 March 2008 - 11:29.

#5 Richard

Richard

WWII Warbird Fan

• Member - Gold

• 4,389 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:26

I'm almost jumping up and down in anticipation, awaiting arrival of a Morrison Patriot Air Corps set complete with leather pouch and original box. This is silly, I know, as my cheque won't even reach the seller until three days hence, but this pen is way up on the list of my holiest grails.
Click to send email: richard@richardspens.com
Posted Image

#6 cmeisenzahl

cmeisenzahl

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,251 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:38

I'm waiting for a call from a local retailer telling me that my bottle of J. Herbin is in stock. ;-)

#7 fuddmain

fuddmain

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 13:02

Waiting for a Lamy 2000 and Lamy Safari Blue/Red. I am not waiting patiently. FedEx does not update it's tracking information fast enough. For all I know they may be delivered any minute or are still several states away.

I posted a poll here for FPN members to select the ink for my Lamy 2000's first fill. Vote if you're interested.

Cheers.

~Brian

"Mostly I just kill time, and it dies hard." - Raymond Chandler (The Long Goodbye)

#8 CharlieB

CharlieB

French Roast Coffee

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 13:03

A Dupont Orpheo. I can't wait for it to arrive.
CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

#9 raillink

raillink

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 13:11

Bexley 10th anniversary and a Waterman Edson.

Can't wait !

#10 ssmui

ssmui

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 13:16

Three pens from Pam ---- a Visconti Van Gogh maxi, and 2 Parker 100 ( Honey white & Diamond blue)

#11 rogerb

rogerb

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,818 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 13:20

First a Delta Dolce Vita OS from the USA.....but before I get it, no doubt my usual battle with the Spanish Customs sad.gif

Also the 'Modern American' I wanted to fill a niche in my collection, a Bexley 10th Anniversary (green/red)...this will probably arrive first, as it's coming from within the EU.

And, no, not with patience...although living in Spain has helped me to learn a little!

(I'd like a nice Japanese pen now, to represent Asia, but haven't seen one yet which really grabs me.)

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you. Don Marquis US humorist (1878 - 1937)

#12 RandyE

RandyE

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 13:22

While probably not that exciting to most here, I'm waiting for a Parker Inflection in yellow. I'm also waiting for three inks, one my standard black, and two new (to me) colors (Waterman Havana Brown and Private Reserve Black Magic Blue).

- R

#13 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 13:22

A deep burgundy laquered Danitrio Densho, customized with an XXXF flexible nib by Richard. Unfortunately, I 'll be waiting for several years for it to arrive as I can't afford such a dream.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#14 Jinnayah

Jinnayah

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 13:24

A Sheaffer Snorkel Masterpiece (the all-gold one), supposed to arrive today, that I got an excellent price on -- if it's in the condition I hope.

#15 GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 13:27

- Pelikan M400 in white & tortoise
- Visconti Van Gogh midi tortoise demonstrator

Both with gold F nibs, and should be on their way in a couple of weeks!

#16 penguinmaster

penguinmaster

----------------------

• Member - Gold

• 2,182 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 15:05

3 pens

-Bexley FPN FP
-Rotring Lissabon
-Pelikan M625

At least I think that's it. there's been times a pen just randomly shows up that I forgot I purchased, but I'm pretty sure that's it!

-Penguin
My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

#17 Rufus

Rufus

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,661 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 15:06

A Bexley 10th Anniversary in chocolate ebonite from the US, of course. This is when I get really frustrated as one never knows how long it will take Canada Customs and Canda Post to process a package. Earlier this month I received a pen from John Mottishaw in 7 days, but 2 days later I ordered another pen from him and it took 2 weeks to get to me after sitting with Canada Customs for a week. If the Bexley is delivered on Monday, it'll be 2 weeks, but I suppose I''l have to make allowance for Easter!
Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

#18 cmenice

cmenice

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 908 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 15:09

2 Edison Glenmonts. One in mustard ripple ebonite with a bexley F nib. The other is orange ebonite with a standard steel nib (a Mottishaw 14kt XF is being worked on now).

I think they'll arrive today, but one can never tell. So I'll continue to wait patiently.

#19 jlepens

jlepens

Humble Calligraphy Student

• Member - Gold

• 2,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 15:23

Taccia Staccato Ebonite in green with a broad nib and Rotring Core (it will be my new backpack pen).
I am also working up a Herald order wit Brian Gray.
Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen
Posted Image

#20 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

Your life is an occasion--rise to it!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 15:27

Today, tomorrow or Monday (what day does the P.O. close for Easter?), I will get in a rare find indeed. An orange LE Pilot VP. I did not need this pen, at least not right now. I had planned to get some sort of VP at some point in time, but I got this one at such a good deal, I went ahead and got one that I'm told is very unique and hard to find.
CURRENT STABLE:
(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II/Xezo Architect/(2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex/Libelle Vortex/Orange LE Pilot VP/Waterman Carene/Mont Blanc Mozart/Dunhill Sidecar/ Platinum 3776 Music Nib
WISH LIST:
MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master

#21 sjldaniel

sjldaniel

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 15:56

The pens I've gotten recently are trickling in, but I'm still waiting for:

- Nakaya Long Equilibrium Heki-Tamenuri with flexi medium nib
- Edison Glenmont Green Ripple Ebonite 18k fine Bexley nib
- Conway Stewart Duro Heritage LE in silver trim with italic fine nib
- Namiki/Pilot VP Raden with medium nib
- Bexley Chocolate Ebonite prototype

I'm also waiting on a Binderized VP fine nib unit that I got on a trade.

#22 cmenice

cmenice

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 908 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 17:10

No Glenmonts today. Today I dislike USPS.

#23 Laeyra

Laeyra

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 18:03

Nothing expensive here, but I am waiting on two XXF noname pens, a Lamy Vista XF, a teal Pilot 78G fine, a Hero #360 light blue, and a Hero #187 black. I'm also waiting on a bottle of Noodler's Navajo Turquoise and Year of the Golden Pig with the free highlighter. I think I should've gotten more ink.

#24 Rufus

Rufus

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,661 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 18:08

QUOTE(cmenice @ Mar 21 2008, 01:10 PM) View Post
No Glenmonts today. Today I dislike USPS.

It is worth waiting for. At the risk of rubbing it in, I took delivery of my orange ebonite Glenmont with a black ebonite section and 14k Bock medium nib on Tuesday and I can tell you that it's a superb pen. Be patient and you'll be rewarded.

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

#25 punch

punch

Curmudgeon

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 20:24

Eagerly awaiting a Pelikan M650 in black and vermiel.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional and illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

#26 obmike

obmike

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 20:43

an aurora 88. promised "in the mail saturday" every week for the last two months.

#27 rroossinck

rroossinck

Donor Pen

• Moderators

• 4,683 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 20:51

Looking for an old-skool 45 with a 14k nib, a Duofold Jr. sans cap, a capless 51, a user-grade OS Balance (first-year, I think), and a Pilot Elite. Got a Tucky set today!
Posted Image
Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

#28 CraigR

CraigR

Bibliophile, Writer and Philosopher

• Premium - Emerald

• 1,462 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2008 - 20:52

A Binderized Pelikan M600 Red/Black with a cursive italic nib. This is my first venture to a specialized nib. /Craig

A rising tide lifts all boats

LetterExchange_sm.png

https://www.facebook...up/146644665309

#29 Deirdre

Deirdre

Stipula Ventidue Ti Nib Adoption Agency

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,122 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 21:03

Well....

Aurora
Marlen
Marlen
Mazzuoli
Montblanc (vintage)
Parker
Stipula
Stipula
Stipula
Stipula
Stipula
Taccia
Visconti

That makes me sound like an addict, though.

One of them is the new limited steel-nibbed Stipula Bellini, which I ordered in a medium italic point.
deirdre.net
"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

#30 Sharkle

Sharkle

Sharkle

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 21:16

QUOTE(RandyE @ Mar 21 2008, 01:22 PM) View Post
While probably not that exciting to most here, I'm waiting for a Parker Inflection in yellow. I'm also waiting for three inks, one my standard black, and two new (to me) colors (Waterman Havana Brown and Private Reserve Black Magic Blue).

- R

Excitement is in the eye (or somewhere) of the anticipator! Lucky you, and you'll love the PR Black Magic Blue.

I get to mail a Cross Century II Art Deco FP back crybaby.gif because it didn't look anything like the pictures (not the seller's fault; they're the same pics on many websites), and I know the person who it's intended for doesn't prefer something this all-over shiny. Better luck next time! I love getting pens in the mail, even if most times I have to go to USPS or UPS and pick 'em up myself. wink.gif