• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• Dave Johannsen

• MYU

• Deirdre

Thanks for the review. Your scan matches what I saw with this ink when written in non-vintage flex pens. In flex pens, it looks considerably darker. I loved the smooth feel of this ink, too.

Enjoy what? I don't see a review.

...looks like my homepage's server has some problems as I cannot access my site as well; I hope it's running soon again.

Sorry for any confusion.

Michael

This is a wonderful ink, and one that I use frequently. I would only add one comment to your fine review. When I first got my bottle, I felt compelled to run some tap water over the written page. The writing almost instantly and almost completely disappeared. So, though I love the ink, for those for whom water resistance is a consideration, this ink may not be the most attractive option.

Dave

... I felt compelled to run some tap water over the written page. The writing almost instantly and almost completely disappeared.

Dave

I need to try this! thanks for the hint.

My site is back :-) ...finally you'll be able to see the review again!

Cheers

Michael

I have two bottles of this ink and ADORE it! When Weaver told me he had two bottles left,i snatched them up.As far as i know,Stipula still have no American representative.I could be wrong (and usually am).

This ink is perfect for my Etruria.In fact,i have used this ink exclusively in that pen.

Jim

I didn't mean to diminish your fine review. I should also point out that I am not at all bothered by the lack of water resistance of this ink. I am extremely conservative with the inks that I will use with transparent pens (usually sticking only to Quink, and ocassionally Waterman's). I feel that the Stipula ink is another that I can use without fear of staining. Again, thank you for posting the review.

Dave

I didn't mean to diminish your fine review. I should also point out that I am not at all bothered by the lack of water resistance of this ink. I am extremely conservative with the inks that I will use with transparent pens (usually sticking only to Quink, and ocassionally Waterman's). I feel that the Stipula ink is another that I can use without fear of staining. Again, thank you for posting the review.

Dave

...no problem, I didn't feel like you diminished my review at all :-)

This is a valuable point to most users and should be added to the review.

I never do because I don't care much about water resistance and I'm not bothered by the lack of it just like you.

Unless it's not stated "waterproof" or anything like this I most likely will not try this.

Using my iron gall nut inks services me just fine just in case I need a waterproof ink.

Cheers

Michael

This is the first green ink that interests me. In general, I don't like green inks, but I would describe this ink as being an "earth tone" rather than as a "green". I have an Omas Ogiva in Autumn celluloid, and I'm thinking that this ink would be perfect for that pen. I'm also thinking that it might work well in a Classic Green version of a Conway Stewart Wellington.

Who sells this ink in the U.S.?

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

This looks like it'd be fabulous in an ivory tortoise M400.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

This is the first green ink that interests me. In general, I don't like green inks, but I would describe this ink as being an "earth tone" rather than as a "green". I have an Omas Ogiva in Autumn celluloid, and I'm thinking that this ink would be perfect for that pen. I'm also thinking that it might work well in a Classic Green version of a Conway Stewart Wellington.

Bought my bottle from Pendemonium.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Bought my bottle from Pendemonium.

I have their saffron-colored ink that I also bought from Pendemonium. It's also a

large, brown-tinted bottle. Should be no problem with large nibbed pens.

I have an Omas Ogiva in Autumn celluloid, and I'm thinking that this ink would be perfect for that pen.

That was my first thought after trying this ink; I'm sure this will be a perfect match (unfortunately don't have a Autunno - yet :-)

You really should try this ink!

It definitely looks great with my M450 in greenish tortoise; I think the material for the binde is the same on the ivory tortoise M400 and the tortoise M450.

The color is about the same with the ink just being slightly darker.

Michael

I still get no picture...

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the great review :puddle: .

I own a bottle of Calamo's Verde Giardino that accompanied my Stipula Giardino di Boboli LE pen. At first I thought this ink to be just a renaming of the Verde Muschiato; obviously I'm wrong in my assumption. The latter ink is of a slightly darker shade compared to the former. And I can't find the Verde Giardino in Stipula's current ink lineup

Looks like I have to use this ink prudently if it were to last, as there won't be a replacement available anytime soon :(

The Calamo Verde Giardino is an almost exact match to the binde of the ivory tortoise M400 - that's why I filled this particular ink in mine :thumbup:

Shahrin B)

Maybe if enough of us bug Stipula, they will make more of the "Garden Green" Ink. Someone posted a review on FPN and I've been going crazy, wishing I could get some! It really looks like an incredible green.

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)

CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl

Maybe if enough of us bug Stipula, they will make more of the "Garden Green" Ink. Someone posted a review on FPN and I've been going crazy, wishing I could get some! It really looks like an incredible green.

I'd be happy to help gang up on them. Maybe Susanna would help too. :)

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

• 3 months later...
I have two bottles of this ink and ADORE it! When Weaver told me he had two bottles left,i snatched them up.As far as i know,Stipula still have no American representative.I could be wrong (and usually am).

This ink is perfect for my Etruria.In fact,i have used this ink exclusively in that pen.

Jim

I've found several sources of this ink:

Pendemonium - $14 per bottle

The Ink Flow - $12 per bottle

Madison Art Shop - $14 per bottle (free shipping)

the Gifts 4U - $10.75 per bottle

If you're getting just one bottle, Madison Art Shop is the place (they charge tax, but basically you're looking at $15 shipped). The Ink Flow charges UPS shipping at cost for orders below $20, but they tack on $3.50 handling above $20. Otherwise, Gifts 4U is a pretty good deal (shipping is $6.95, no tax), except their selection doesn't include the Borgogna (dark red).

Anyway, I tried the Verde Muschiato at the DC Pen Supershow and really liked it. The Terra di Siena (Sepia) is also quite good, as well as the Blu della Robbia (deep blue). Unfortunately, the Stipula booth closed up a little early and I couldn't buy their ink. However, it was good to see that there are plenty of on-line sources.

Edited by MYU

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small