Diamine China Blue

girlieg33k

-- Click the thumbnail image to view the review in 800-pixels (default)

-- Click the links below the thumbnail image to view the review in alternative views (600-pixels or full-size)

Usual disclaimer: Colour representation is not always accurate in a scanned image, reproduction of the scanned image in different computer monitors, and variations in pen/paper combinations.

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• girlieg33k

• Gran

• gylyf

• artaddict

Many thanks. Based on this review, I think my next ink order will be from Pear Tree and will include this ink and a sampler of a few others!

ETA: Order placed. For anyone curious, I bought this ink, Visconti Blue in the V bottle, and a sampler with Visconti Burgundy, Sailor Jentle Grey, Omas Blue, and Diamine Turquoise in it.

Edited by Jimmy James

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Put me on that list of "me too's". I've been know to be partial to blues, I like this one. Always look forward to your handwritten reviews, thanks.

JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

Good Gravy! How many shades of Blue can Diamine make!! I want them all! Soon I will have to line them up from light to dark so I can pick one for the day! Great Review! Thanks

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Stop! You keep adding to my Ink Shopping List! :roflmho:

Watermans Flex Club & Sheaffer Lifetime Society Member

Mayan Sacrificial Blue? I've not seen it unfortunately... Care to share? :)

Diamine China Blue reminds me a lot of Conway Stewart Blue by the way. I'm rather surprise this one appeals to various members. I would have thought it would be too light as far as blue inks go...

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

Beautiful blue! Thanks for the review.

Lamy AL-star - 1.1 (Omas Violet)

Nakaya Celluloid Mottishaw F Flex (PR Arabian Rose)

Omas Bologna - M (Noodler's Golden Brown)

Pelikan M620 Grand Place - Binder XF/XXF Flex (Noodler's Navajo Turquoise)

Stipula 22 - 0.9 (Waterman Florida Blue)

Waterman Patrician - M (Waterman Florida Blue)

Mayan Sacrificial Blue? I've not seen it unfortunately... Care to share? :)

Diamine China Blue reminds me a lot of Conway Stewart Blue by the way. I'm rather surprise this one appeals to various members. I would have thought it would be too light as far as blue inks go...

This one doesn't seem to be a lot lighter than Quink Blue, Skrip and Pelikan Royal Blue, although it looks a bit paler than the latter two, at least immediately after they go on the page and have not yet faded. I had cause to find out that Skrip Blue really is washable (to my great relief), when a pen blobbed onto my khakis when I was refilling it. I also gave Legal Lapis the empirical test under the same circumstances--that time on a tan summer suit. It really is eternal (to my great chagrin).

Excellent review...as always :thumbup: I tried this in my Levenger Plumpster, broad nib, which gives me a slightly darker but still very smooth. Just a very nice ink, after all. Thanks again.

• 7 months later...

I ended up buying a bottle of this after seeing your review. Great color, looks really nice from the binder-ized sailor. Somewhat darker coming from my pen but i"m liking it more and more.

Thanks, your reviews are some of the best.

• 4 months later...

Thanks very much for the review! Am wondering if others have since tried this and could post reports...?

The other reviews have this ink looking very different: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...showtopic=68611

and: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...showtopic=90444

The color on this chart looks splendid: http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/inkchooser.php

Edited by Gran

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

Gran,

I just recently bought Diamine China Blue. I was anxious to see it's color because of the reviews you have linked. Mine looks like the one in this review. It's a beautiful light to medium blue that works well in my pens on the papers I've tried it on.

Lefthander, thanks much for your post. I appreciate it.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!