Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Sales in Eugene, Oregon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tdzieman

tdzieman

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:55

Traveling home yesterday had the oportunity to stop at the Valley River Mall in Eugene, Oregon. It was pass closing time and just go in the door to get somw pretzels. The pretzel place was closed by my wife spotted a pen store with a sales sign and the door was still open. I live a copple of hundred miles to the south and was not aware of the store. I had only found one B&M store in the state. They have no web site. The store may be going out of business. Most pens are 20% off, some 30%. I didn't have my laptop so couldn't compare prices, but they seemed in line with what I have been seeing at the "regulars" on line, before discount. The salesman said the prices were mostly based upon prior exchange rates. They had a nice selections of MB, Waterman and Pelikans. I picked up a broad nib for my Falcon for a few bucks less than any online price without postage.
So if you are in the area you might want to stop buy. Lease is up end of March. Name of Store is Pensations. I have no affiliation.

#2 sgsflyer

sgsflyer

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:47

I visited Pensations this afternoon. The store is liquidating their inventory, with everything in the store at 45% off (or more). This afternoon, they still had a variety of pens left: some Parker Duofolds, several Pelikans (various sizes, colors), Cross, some (Initial, Skynn, Core), Retro 1951, Waterford, Waterman, Lamy, and a few other odds & ends. They did not have very many fountain pens left. They did have a couple of Mont Blancs. Pensations also sells watches and calligraphy pieces. March 31st is their last day.

#3 RobertBicknell

RobertBicknell

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:10

QUOTE (sgsflyer @ Mar 22 2008, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I visited Pensations this afternoon. The store is liquidating their inventory, with everything in the store at 45% off (or more). This afternoon, they still had a variety of pens left: some Parker Duofolds, several Pelikans (various sizes, colors), Cross, some (Initial, Skynn, Core), Retro 1951, Waterford, Waterman, Lamy, and a few other odds & ends. They did not have very many fountain pens left. They did have a couple of Mont Blancs. Pensations also sells watches and calligraphy pieces. March 31st is their last day.

Does anyone know of another store in the Willamette valley that carries fountain pens. I'm looking to replace the one I lost.

#4 CelesteCAT

CelesteCAT

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:46

The only B&M store I know if is Paradise Pens, in downtown Portland (it is chain of stores, with a nice flashy website too). Good luck!

#5 Teabag2010

Teabag2010

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:20

I was just reading through the old posts on this site, and found this one. Pensations was actually my old store! Glad to see some folks on this site who have actually visited it before it unfortunately had to close down.

I actually came to this site in hopes of selling remaining stock that has been safely stored away all these years. Funny coincidence!

(Don't flame me for "bumping" an old thread, this just made me smile a bit).

Good memories!
"Life is not about doing the best, but doing your best."

#6 penguyinto

penguyinto

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2011 - 21:45

Is there a list of available items? Any MB FPs, in particular? Thanks in advance.