Pens and Places where good FOUNTAIN PENS are Available in India

vikasruparelia

Hello All,

I am interested in making list of all the places in India where good quality Fountain Pens are available.

People who are aware of these places can provide the required inputs, incase you remember some place vaguely then too please do suggest. Then in future i would visit all these places and procure the required pens and then we can also send the same across to who ever wants the same across the world.

To start with i know we have the following places where Fountain Pens are Available.

1. Ratnam - AndhraPradesh (I have the contacts and i can procure these if anyone desire)

2. Wality Pens - Mumbai (I have the contacts and i can procure these if anyone you desire)

3. Camlin Pens - Mumbai

4. Hero Fountain Pen - Various stores Across Mumbai

5. Parker - Various stores Across Mumbai

6. Shaeffer - Various stores Across Mumbai

7. Mont Blanc - The Taj @ Mumbai

8. Various CHINESE make - Various stores Across Mumbai

9. Duke - The Taj @ Mumbai

10. Cross - Various Stores Across Mumbai

Please help me with your inputs and let us make this list a wholesome one.

THIS IS NOT A PROFIT MAKING ENTERPRISE - THIS IS TO SHARE A HOBBY WHICH IS BINDING US AROUND THE WORLD. WE WOULD CHARGE THE ACUTAL COSTS + ACTUAL DELIVERY ONLY.

All views are welcome.

Regards,

Vikas

vikasruparelia@hotmail.com

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Vikas Ruparelia

YOU DON'T CHOOSE THE PEN, THE PEN CHOOSES YOU . . . . .

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drbalajipsy

• hari317

• vikasruparelia

• SUNIL GARG

There's a good pen shop with Cross, Parker, Sheaffer, Waterman, Lamy and others in the Godaulia area of Varanasi near the main ghat on Dasaswamedh Ghat Road. They offer repairs too.

There's also a moderate pen selection at Starmark in Calcutta - it's a giant bookstore/electronics store/stationary store that carries Lamy, Pelikan, and Montblanc.

The Oxford Bookstore in the Connaught Place area also has a few fountain pens from Waterman and Parker.

Try www.williampenn.net

Based out of Bangalore, they have several stores all over India including Delhi, Ahmadabad, Vadodra and Mumbai.

Decent collection and they sell online too!!!!!!!!!

No affiliation.

Edited by fatehbajwa

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom - George S Patton

Follow me on Twitter

I was in Delhi a few weeks ago and now really wish I had a chance to go exploring!!!!!

Stupid work.............. :angry:

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

• 5 months later...

Hi Vikas,

do you know of any shops in bangalore who sells Wality pens? i am interested in model no - 52

Thanks

Hello All,

I am interested in making list of all the places in India where good quality Fountain Pens are available.

People who are aware of these places can provide the required inputs, incase you remember some place vaguely then too please do suggest. Then in future i would visit all these places and procure the required pens and then we can also send the same across to who ever wants the same across the world.

To start with i know we have the following places where Fountain Pens are Available.

1. Ratnam - AndhraPradesh (I have the contacts and i can procure these if anyone desire)

2. Wality Pens - Mumbai (I have the contacts and i can procure these if anyone you desire)

3. Camlin Pens - Mumbai

4. Hero Fountain Pen - Various stores Across Mumbai

5. Parker - Various stores Across Mumbai

6. Shaeffer - Various stores Across Mumbai

7. Mont Blanc - The Taj @ Mumbai

8. Various CHINESE make - Various stores Across Mumbai

9. Duke - The Taj @ Mumbai

10. Cross - Various Stores Across Mumbai

Please help me with your inputs and let us make this list a wholesome one.

THIS IS NOT A PROFIT MAKING ENTERPRISE - THIS IS TO SHARE A HOBBY WHICH IS BINDING US AROUND THE WORLD. WE WOULD CHARGE THE ACUTAL COSTS + ACTUAL DELIVERY ONLY.

All views are welcome.

Regards,

Vikas

vikasruparelia@hotmail.com

Hi all

Just sticking my nose in on my way out to DC!

We have a full compliment of Ebonite, Acrylic and of course the Vintage Celluloid pens.

It's a great offer of Vikas to get these pens for you.

We have them here in the US.

Please stop by our table and test write wome.

Steve

AWN%252520ADD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

i will check out india place in noida, and oxford bookstore in connaught place. but any more shops, guys?

thanks, great thread!

i will check out india place in noida, and oxford bookstore in connaught place. but any more shops, guys?

thanks, great thread!

If you want pens other than Parker then William Penn at Select City Mall, Saket and at IGI Airport, has great collection. The shop is authorized distributor of Sheaffer/Sailor etc pens in India.

Reliance digital at moments mall, Kirti Nagar and at Ambeience Mall, Gurgaon are retailers of Parker and Lamy Pens.

For all types of Chinese fountain pens like Jinaho and Boaer, you can visit Chawari Bazar or Nai Sarak Delhi. Even some shops at Gaffar market, Karol Bagh, New Delhi have good collection of all sorts of chinese fountain pens.

New Delhi Stationers at connaught place and Bhatia Stationers at Khan market, Delhi have a good collection of fountain pens in mid range.

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

In Calcutta, if you are lucky you may pick beautiful vintage pens from PenHospital in Dharmatala (Esplanade) or Bharati Stores near College Street. But you'll have to be patient. There are a couple of new stores also, Pen n Ink at Axis Mall in Rajarhat, Crossword outlets and Starmarks. As far as I know, William Penn retails through these stores in Kolkata.

However, can anyone suggest where I may purchase Pilot Iroshizuku inks in India?

Edited by tattu

an outlet called st. francis de sales has got good pens in cochin, kerala.

rgds.

krishna.

ladies and gentlemen write with fountain pens only.

• 3 months later...

I have recently ordered PR Chocolat Ink and Parker Quink Black from William Penn. But there seems to be quite some delay from their end in shipping the consignment. This is my first purchase from them, and I am having a bad time. One week since I ordered and they have not shipped the consignment yet.

Any other experience?

I live in a city that's 200 km. east of New Delhi & 350+ km. west of Lucknow. But now I do not have to suffer the inconvenience

of going to a shop in Delhi, Noida or Lucknow etc. In the last 7/8 months I have bought all my pens from William Penn, not

purely online but also through telephone/mobile. All delivered by SPEED-POST from Bangalore. Mont Blanc Starwalker, Parker

Duofold, S.T.Dupont Olympio, Omas 360 etc., all with me now. Inks from Sheaffer,Caran d'Ache,Sailor,Edelstein & Co. too.

William Penn do not deal in Pilot, Nakaya,Platinum etc. For some of it there is Wancher Inc., Pune. My Platinum 3776 Jade

is in the way from Japan to Pune to Kasganj. No Problems.

I've seen Pen Avenue, e-ditions too on Google search, not to forget the likes of Flipcart,Snapdeal & Homeshop 18.

But have not had any practical experience of buying from any of these.

In the last 7/8 months I have bought all my pens from William Penn, not

purely online but also through telephone/mobile. All delivered by SPEED-POST from Bangalore. Mont Blanc Starwalker, Parker

Duofold, S.T.Dupont Olympio, Omas 360 etc., all with me now. Inks from Sheaffer,Caran d'Ache,Sailor,Edelstein & Co. too.

Flipkart is reliable in my experience, have got calligraphy (Parker) and Vector Gold from them.

But I am having a delay with my purchase from William Penn. Sunil Garg ji, you have had a positive experience with William Penn - that reassures me. Thank you for your post.

I have recently ordered PR Chocolat Ink and Parker Quink Black from William Penn. But there seems to be quite some delay from their end in shipping the consignment. This is my first purchase from them, and I am having a bad time. One week since I ordered and they have not shipped the consignment yet.

Any other experience?

They are wonderful folks and have done a lot to improve the local pen scene, bringing Nagahara to India etc...

Have you tried calling them over phone to enquire about your shipment? It usually helps in such cases.

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

They are wonderful folks and have done a lot to improve the local pen scene, bringing Nagahara to India etc...

Have you tried calling them over phone to enquire about your shipment? It usually helps in such cases.

Hari

Yes I contacted them over phone and the lack of immediate availability of stock on their end is the reason for delay.

So let me wait patiently :rolleyes: ...

Thanks for letting me know guys that it is a one-off bad luck.

Hari

Yes I contacted them over phone and the lack of immediate availability of stock on their end is the reason for delay.

So let me wait patiently :rolleyes: ...

Thanks for letting me know guys that it is a one-off bad luck.

That's unfortunate. I would ask for an immediate refund and a notification when the items are back in ready stock...

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

That's unfortunate. I would ask for an immediate refund and a notification when the items are back in ready stock...

I think I will do that too - ask for the PR ink which is available and ask refund for the Quink which can be bought easily locally.

Finally I got my stuff.

The Choclat Ink is amazingly delicious.

My next plan is to go for a Waterman FP. Hemisphere or Expert which is better?