My fancy cursive

30Cal

I'm not sure what you'd call this style. I think it looks good (especially in this ink), but it's not very easy to read. Forgive my spelling mistake.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2094/2179998558_9116b08dbd_o.jpg

Namiki Falcon, Fine point

Noodler's Kiowa Pecan (love that stuff)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 30Cal

• TrevorML

• savarez

• Immoteus

LOOOOOOVE that style... that is very cool writing... readability to hell... personality counts for so much more ... and it is exceptionally consistent to boot!!

cheers

Trevor

Oh my gosh, that's gorgeous! I wish I could write like that!

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4619/inkxchangemm0.png Currently out of vials.my ink list

Ink of the moment: mix of Noodler's Lermontov, Britannia's Blue Waves, and Whiteness of the Whale

I think it's very readable.

Though it would be more so with a spacer line.

Censors tend to do what only psychotics do: they confuse reality with illusion. - David Cronenberg

Wow !

That is impressive, and I am surprised to notice that you got that much line variation with a fine point as well. As others have said, this is very readable. You have succeeded in providing style and grace without using too much ornamentation. That is what usually turns me off most examples of "classic Spencerian" script. It is usually gorgeous but ultimately overdone for my taste. Yours is perfect, although a little more space between the lines, as was mentioned above, would be even better.

Tim N. Roscoe

Celebrating

Canadian Landscape

Gorgeous!

"Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle.

"Power concedes nothing without a demand; it never has and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass

30Cal, your penmanship is wonderful. I just got a Falcon, but w/ a M nib. I really need to practice to get any where near your level of expertise. Very nice indeed. You have inspired me to get mine out and "get busy."

CURRENT STABLE:

(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:

MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

Beautiful! And not really hard to read. Others have already said what I thought when I first looked at this - more spacing between lines is all it would take to make this even more readable. :)

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

Yeah, I need a bigger piece of paper for that speech. That's about the most flex I can get out of the Falcon without breaking something and it's hard work. I have a vintage pen with a beautiful flex, but I busted the nib on it and haven't gotten around to getting it repaired.

That's about the most flex I can get out of the Falcon without breaking something and it's hard work

when you say it is hard work... what sort of speed do you do this at... normal writing speed or much slower and more deliberate...?

cheers T

That's about the most flex I can get out of the Falcon without breaking something and it's hard work

when you say it is hard work... what sort of speed do you do this at... normal writing speed or much slower and more deliberate...?

cheers T

It's tiresome on the hand. I have to take a break every couple times to rest, or to blot the nib to keep the inkflow more or less constant. I can write faster without losing much in the appearance, but then I start making mistakes. I have to remind myself constantly to keep moving my hand instead of the trying to stretch. It took me a while to learn that you have to go one letter at a time.

Edited by 30Cal

I am soooo jealous of your beautiful handwriting! However, legibility would be greatly improved if you either used ever other line or only used ~80% of each linewidth. Currently, the letters from each line touch the following line's letters.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

The Namiki Falcon is a *great* pen and is very inexpensive. Pam at OscarBraun has a the best price on these I've seen. For anyone wanting to try a pen with a little flex, the Falcon should not be overlooked.

Currently Inked: Visconti Pericle EF : Aurora Black; Pilot VP-F (Gunmetal): X-Feather; Pilot VP-F (LE Orange): Kiowa Pecan; Lamy Safari EF: Legal Lapis

Wishlist (WTB/T) - Pelikan "San Francisco"

The Namiki Falcon is a *great* pen and is very inexpensive. Pam at OscarBraun has a the best price on these I've seen. For anyone wanting to try a pen with a little flex, the Falcon should not be overlooked.

I does look like a pretty nice pen, though I'd say that "very inexpensive" is relative. In the $125 - $150 range, it's certainly not among the *really* expensive pens, but neither is it what I'd call very inexpensive. :-)

A handwritten blog (mostly)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I does look like a pretty nice pen, though I'd say that "very inexpensive" is relative. In the $125 - $150 range, it's certainly not among the *really* expensive pens, but neither is it what I'd call very inexpensive. :-)

Fair enough.

But with most gold nibbed pens going well beyond the $200-$300 price point, the Falcon is, relatively, a bargain, and with a little comparison shopping, you won't even break $125, shipping included.

Edited by savarez

Currently Inked: Visconti Pericle EF : Aurora Black; Pilot VP-F (Gunmetal): X-Feather; Pilot VP-F (LE Orange): Kiowa Pecan; Lamy Safari EF: Legal Lapis

Wishlist (WTB/T) - Pelikan "San Francisco"