New forum, and moderators!

Admin

Dearest Ladies and Gentlemen Members of the Fountain Pen Network,

In order to have a great start to the new year, following a covert operation by the admins, and some undercover dealings as befits this announcement, we have the pleasure of introducing to you our latest addition/annex to this digital building, namely, a forum with Regional Focus, the Italian Pens Forum, in good tradition named in the language of this magnificent region, namely Penne Stilografiche della Bella Italia, which is obviously well known for its pens, pasta, for Pisa and Pavarotti.

We like to welcome Handlebar (Jim) as our latest addition to the moderating team, who will be specifically tasked with this forum, in tandem with our well known tough lady: Ghost Plane! So let's all welcome Jim to the fray, and Ghost Plane once more!

Do note that Jim for this special occasion altered his moustache, and even grew his hair back! Well done, Jim!

As to Ghost Plane, well she complained she had not enough on her hands, with Chatter only filling a quarter or less of her cup, so she begged and pleaded for a little bit more to do. We decided to give in to this special request, with the appropriate bribes of course, resulting in her joining Jim in the moderating of this new forum!

Welcome to both, GP for a second time of course!

We expect you all have a great time in this new addition of our building!

Warm regards, and Happy New Year to you all, from

the FPN Admin Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• handlebar

• CharlieB

• Maja

I think I must now purchase a pen of Italian origin so as to have the right to spend time in this most illustriously moderated forum!

Casmi

Edited by CasmiUK

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

Many thanks to FPN et al for this new addition. Dreams can come true!!! I look forward to this with enthusiasm!

Jim

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work involved in setting up this new forum.

This is good news indeed, and encourages my hope for a Japanese forum.

Thanks again!

Congrats to Jim and GP and to FPN on the new Italian forum! Excellent pens, excellent people, and excellent pasta. What a combination!!!! :) :) :) :)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Well, I sigh with relief, sorry for all the pestering but i think it was worth it

Shelley

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

I shall endeavor to live up to the honor bestowed upon me and try not to gloat too hard that my babies have a forum of their own now.

[Even if I sneak in a few ex pat Carenes or YOLs occasionally!] :bunny01:

I'm trying to sort out all these recent developments....

1. Handlebar is a true blue Italian pen lover who even cultivates brown inks to go with his brown Italian celluloids.

2. GP, on the other hand, is best known on this board for her love of the very BRITISH Yard O Led pens and the very FRENCH Waterman Carene pens. Occasionally she mentions that she owns a Visconti Van Gogh or two. I'm waiting for her to buy her first Omas, her first Aurora, her first Stipula, or her first Delta Dolcevita. Perhaps some Italian blood secretly runs in this woman's veins?

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

Charlie doesn't know about the stealth Omas 360 Amber Clear that snuck in at Christmas, her ever growing collection of Viscontis now up to 12, her 3 Deltas, 1 Ancora, 1 Marlin, and 1 Stipula to go in the Marketplace when she has a free moment. GP would like to secretly exchange Italian bodily fluids, but then she'd have to ban herself from the forum for getting too racy! :bunny01:

Charlie doesn't know about the stealth Omas 360 Amber Clear that snuck in at Christmas, her ever growing collection of Viscontis now up to 12, her 3 Deltas, 1 Ancora, 1 Marlin, and 1 Stipula to go in the Marketplace when she has a free moment. GP would like to secretly exchange Italian bodily fluids, but then she'd have to ban herself from the forum for getting too racy! :bunny01:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

GP owns an Omas and a Stipula??? Hmmm... I may have to reassess her Italian credentials.

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

Congratulations Handlebar and Ghost Plane, I am very excited about this forum. I just bought an Aurora and have owned a Stipula or two in my time. Of course I own a Visconti but who doesn't really?

We stomped on the terra-

Lord Buckley said that

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

an Italian pen forum !!! :thumbup:

thanks and congratulations to Handlebar and GP !!

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb238/lmederos/logos/luissignatureicon.gif

-- Luis