• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Smith

• simonrob

• Sno

• ag273n

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice ink. I'm a fan of Quink, but I've never tried Blue-Black. I think I'll get some. Thanks for the review. Also, nice handwriting.

Regards,

Ray

Like most people here I have tried a variety of inks but always seem to come back to Parker Quink or Waterman inks - best flowing inks by a mile.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Good review!

I have been using this ink for a long time and really like the color. It is not very color fast in sunlight and it is not even water resistant, but it is great for first (second, third?) drafts and revisions. It is readily available and it is very inexpensive. I just bought a baker's dozen bottles of it.

If you have a pen with a nearly clogged feed, fill it with this ink and write with it every day or two or three. I just rehabilitated a Sheaffer Touchdown filler with it. It took six months of bi-weekly writing the feed dry, but now I have a pen that is clean and supplying ink faster than I can write.

Paddler

Can a calculator understand a cash register?

Thanks for taking the time to post the review. I have been using a lot of vintage Quink Blue-Black ink of late (I think that my 4 oz bottle if from the early forties). In a pen with good flow, the ink is a beautiful color (however, it can be a bit washed-out looking in a pen that is not so free flowing). Anyway, I always keep Quink around (both modern and vintage), as it is one of the most dependable and safest inks that there is.

Dave

When I went out to get some ink for my new Pelikan M200, the ink choices were quite slim to say the least. While I haven't checked art supply/drafting stores, I did manage to find Parker Blue Black and Sheaffer Skrip. I did pick up the Parker's and from your review, it sounds like it will do nicely.

Apparently I live in an "ink challenged" city. :crybaby:

Regards,

Milton

Cross Solo,Waterman Phileas,Pelikan M200,Reform 1745,Senator

Frankster,

Great review, and nice handwriting, very clear and ledgible. I have used Parker Quink in the past, and it is one of the most well behaved inks around. I did not know it could be used to rehabilitate a pen though...I may have to get some.

Regards,

Wade

Sending with regards (my 73s)

Wade

KG4KAH

Quink Blue-black is my main ink. Since it is more blue than black I have experimented mixing different ratios of Quink Black with it with good results.

Mike

Quink Blue-black is my main ink. Since it is more blue than black I have experimented mixing different ratios of Quink Black with it with good results.

Mike

I've done the same, I've also mixed the old Solv-X washable blue with Solv-X black. I've even mixed in some Waterman South Seas blue to vary the tone a bit.

Mike

I've done the same, I've also mixed the old Solv-X washable blue with Solv-X black. I've even mixed in some Waterman South Seas blue to vary the tone a bit.

Well, I have mixed Quink blueblack with Quink permanent blue 1:1 and like the result much better than the original inks.

I am not so fond of the green tint of BB and the mixture is clearly on the blue side. But it is blue, not blueblack.

• 2 weeks later...

Great review, I could not do such nice handwriting

I actually like the greenish tint of this ink, is quite unique.

• 3 months later...
post-837-1198880892_thumb.jpg

edited by moderator to remove duplicate image

My compliments on a beautiful hand.

JMM

Hi, I'm just attaching a small picture of how Parker Quink Blue Black looks using a Pencraft pen. It looks very different from what I saw in the review above, so, ya, just adding some additional perspective. B)

post-11463-1210357293_thumb.jpg

Hi, I'm just attaching a small picture of how Parker Quink Blue Black looks using a Pencraft pen. It looks very different from what I saw in the review above, so, ya, just adding some additional perspective. B)

I have some Noodler's Ottoman Azure that, depending on the pen it is in, varies from a dark, dark, blue with a hint of green to a light sea-green.

Just another of the joys of fountain penning. Try doing that with a roller- or ball-point pen...

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Mine looks more like yours - much the same washy teal as Waterman's Blue Black, starting off a very promising deep blue while wet, but changing as it dries. At some point (when it moved to France?) Parker's Blue Black changed colour, and not, I think, for the better - the stuff I grew up with in England in the 1970s was darker and not greenish. (The same is true of Waterman's.) The current shades are quite pleasant, but I think they should be given a different name.

Simon

Thanks for the review!! I really like Quink Blue-Black! It seems a little darker to me. I'm using it currently in a med nib Sheaffer Targa. Can't miss with this ink!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Ah yes, that's exactly it, Simon: it looks like a deep, dark blue when wet, and then changes colour as it dries.