Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

New Nib and Clicking Noise?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mtsaler

mtsaler

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 16:17

Hi,

I purchased a new pen with a fine nib, rather springy/flexible (from Ancora). The pen cap became separated from the pen during shipping, so the exposed nib may have been damaged en route -- the pen was rather free in its box, and could roll around. Be that as it may, the pen writes well -- no problem with ink flow or skipping -- but makes a clicking noise occasionally when I write with it. The vendor is willing to take it back for a repair/adjustment, but is there something I could try on my own first? I'm reluctant to send it back to the vendor, given the way they shipped it in the first place, but the clicking noise from the new nib is disturbing too!

Thanks,
Mike

#2 mr_inky

mr_inky

Fred the crab says HI!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 20:15

The clicking noise is from the tips touching and when you wright they move against each other, click....click..... :blink:

I have taken something VERY thin like brass and slipped it between the tines and VERY GENTLY flexing the tines apart VERY GENTLY. Others might have another way of fixing the problem. No matter what, you want to be VERY GENTLE. It is a simple thing to fix though.
Optimists are always disapointed when things don't work out. Pesimists never are since they expected it. That's why pesimists are happier.