FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Sumgal was sumgai
Posted 19 September 2007 - 00:53
She says it's two pens and a pencil.
The pencil matches one of the pens, which is in a box.
I have her describe to me, she says she thinks they're made in 1951.
"1951?" Says I. "Does the case say '51'?"
Turns out, she got a cocoa set (haven't seen it to date it yet), and a dove gray 1947 Vac 51. For a buck fifty. Some people get all the luck. Pictures this weekend.
Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:26
I, on the other hand, just bought two 51s on eBay for $101, semi-unintentionally. I was watching them and threw down a bid for a lark, as I figured someone would outbid me throughout the day (I was the third bidder, and there were hours to go when I did this). Imagine my surprise tonight to realize I actually won the stupid bid! Oh, well - I can probably skip the Ohio show this year now; I was going with the intention of buying a 51. Now I have three (well, assuming the new ones really do work).
Sharon in Indiana
"Act your age, mama, not your shoe size." Prince - KISS (1986)
Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:55
Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:44
So you might have to either buy a tool or pay somebody to restore it for you This is the Guy who gets it for a buck 50 and wants my sympathy Give me strength
By the way, can I hire your Mother as my personal pen hunter? I like her style
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert!
Posted 19 September 2007 - 13:29
No sympathy for the peanut gallery! I think with the deep pockets saved on this one you can spring for the parts or a restoration.
Congratulations! Those are deals the rest of us only dream about.
Posted 19 September 2007 - 14:49
Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:09
Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:32
Did you 'splain to your mom what a "sumgai" is?
Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:48
I got one of those too. For some reason I spent a long time thinking it was where I got my lunch money. Worked until about 10th grade when the little bugger had a growth spurt and got as big as me.
Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:11
Cathy L. Carter
Live. Love. Write.