Pelikan M1000 Review

TheNobleSavage

Thanks for the review. Nice pen.

I was unaware of the PenGallery so have just ordered a (clear) M205 from them. They are not available in the UK.

Sadly the nasty man who puts duty on my parcels will make me miserable! when it arrives!

If i buy from outside the Uk i always ask the seller if they will mark the value declaration as a $20 gift solely for this reason. Most sellers are happy to do this.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• woodwindmaster06

• Roger

• TheNobleSavage

• pearlfox

Nice write up. I bought the M800 based upon your review from Pam. A very good writer with the fine nib and

not overly large. Actually about the same size as my Sailor 1911 large. (the M800 I'm referring to) :happyberet:

Hello Everyone,

I hear alot of static on the M800 and M1000 that the Medium Nib does not drop ink well. Is this correct? Is it better to go with the EF/F nibs?

I am looking to purchase a M800 in the coming monthes.

Classics......

I have a Pelikan M800 with a fine nib. No problem, it puts down plenty of ink, and its the same no matter what I put in it. Superb pen.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Noble Savage,

What is that ink bottle that you have the pen resting on??

Hal

P.S.

To some of the other posts, my Pelikans filled with Aurora black ink write perfectly. I have one with a medium nib and one with a fine nib. Both write fantastic. I love the soft feel of the nib and the easy flow of the Aurora ink.

excellent pen and an excellent review. I have an M1000 green/black and love it to bits. I figure if I had to have an oversize pen then the M1000 had to be the one.

I am standing, foot in hand, talking to my wall, I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Please sign my Guestbook

Great review as usual Noble.You Pelikan fellas are starting to change my mind about them.

JD

• 10 months later...

Hi Noble Savage,

Thanks for the review! I love the pics, and you have a great review template.

I'm considering this pen, and being able to hear what other's think of it is a huge leap up from "oooohhh that's niceeeee".

Thanks again,

Mike

Unless some other pen will pop up I plan to get this pen next (the green body).

Respect to all

• 2 years later...

Owning two m1000s, one with a fine and another with a medium, it is one of the best pen I own

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I had an M1000 with an EF nib and did not like it. Despite trying several different inks and papers, it just spewed ink like a watering can. I sent it off to a very reputable nibmeister to have it looked at and slowed down. In spite of that, I just couldn't depend on it to lay down a consistent line and had to pass it on.

It's a shame, I love Pelikans and would love to own/use the flagship.

The M1000 is a classic no frill looking pen. It is a pen that you only appreciate with use. The only negative thing about it is that it only comes in 2 finishes.

I think of my FPs as my children.

The M1000 is a classic no frill looking pen. It is a pen that you only appreciate with use. The only negative thing about it is that it only comes in 2 finishes.

There's an M1005 Demo coming out this April, so now there's three!

A lovely review. By the way, people, does an increased nib size possibly result in

a flexy/springier nib? I am wondering, because of comparisons to the M800. I am

looking to buy a demo pen, and wonder if I am to choose the M1005 or the M800.

:thumbup:

The M1000 is a very wet writer with springer nib than the M800. It has as much spring as the MB 149 18K nib and Pilot 823 14K nib in my experience

I think of my FPs as my children.

After this review popped up, I decided to dust off the big German and give her a whirl. What a wonderful pen, cannot believe it has laid dormant in the pen drawer for, what maybe two years. Top shelf construction, classic lines, very simple yet elegant.

I still have a couple of them, a M1000 and the M1050, both with broad nibs thought one is fairly well chiseled and does offer some sharp line variations. I had a third with an factory EF nib that I traded away 3 or 4 years ago. I suspect this pen will rapidly fall back into my rotation of daily users. Thanks for helping me become reacquainted with an old friend.

P1030500.JPG

P1030501.JPG

P1030502.JPG

A. Don's Axiom "It's gonna be used when I sell it, might as well be used when I buy it."

Good review with some great pics :thumbup:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• 2 weeks later...