• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Titivillus

• GirchyGirchy

• Gerry

• Rabbit

HyperCamper, one pen, just the yellowing...

Let me just add that I love the way my FPN FP writes! :D

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

1 Pen for yellowing of cap and centering of logo.

"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon... "

Terry Pratchett

I'm slightly confused. :blink: I see that some people are specifying yellowing and/or engraving. Is this an option? If so, I'd like a centered logo in addition to a non-yellow cap.

In the other thread about this issue, Tytyvyllus quoted a reply from Bexley. In the reply, Howard Levy said they will not fix the engraving for free because it was due to a miscommunication of sorts. :huh: However, if the owner desires, Bexley will remove the engraving by polishing down the top of the cap, and will charge $7 for return shipping. So I think people began to say whether or not they'd like to keep their engraving, or get it removed for $7.

Here's a link....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...st&p=354401

Oh, okay. I hadn't seen the other thread (well, I had seen it, but didn't realize it had morphed into a discussion of the engraving). Thanks for the link. In that case, I'll keep my off-center logo. It doesn't bother me enough to pay to have it fixed.

Edited by wackyjacky1

I'm slightly confused. :blink: I see that some people are specifying yellowing and/or engraving. Is this an option? If so, I'd like a centered logo in addition to a non-yellow cap.

In the other thread about this issue, Tytyvyllus quoted a reply from Bexley. In the reply, Howard Levy said they will not fix the engraving for free because it was due to a miscommunication of sorts. :huh: However, if the owner desires, Bexley will remove the engraving by polishing down the top of the cap, and will charge $7 for return shipping. So I think people began to say whether or not they'd like to keep their engraving, or get it removed for $7.

Here's a link....

I know I'm going to get yelled at for this but the repair options, as stated in the above link are:

1) Fix the cap by grinding off the logo - $7

2) Fix the yellowing - $Free

3) Fix the yellowing and fix the cap by grinding off the logo - $Free

What is not an option is to get the logo fixed by putting it in a possibly more conventional place; the center of the cap. What is a silly loophole to the stated "policy" is that if you want the cap fixed for free you need to also ask for the yellowing, however minor, to be removed.

OK, I broke the rules by going off topic but at least I wasn't the first.

Also, to keep things sort of on trace...

Bob Tobias - 1 pen, fix the yellowing and the cap.

Here's a link....

My reading is that Bexley will not do the engraving on the cap alone but if the cap is yellowed then they will do it as well. And it looks like it will be a removal of the engraving not re-engrave

If we are putting on or fixing a yellow line issue, that we will not even charge return shipping for, but top screw alone, we will charge for.

My reading is that Bexley will not do the engraving on the cap alone but if the cap is yellowed then they will do it as well. And it looks like it will be a removal of the engraving not re-engrave

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I feel that's just a copout, but the engraving personally doesn't bother me too much.

I'll add my question to the confusion. If we request the replacement cap do we have to send our pen in, or are we just going to receive a replacement part? I'd love to have the yellow fixed, but this pen is the one I use daily, and I really don't want to give it up.

Also, IIRC when ordering, this was a LIMITED supply of this plastic. What will they be redoing the caps in? I mean, I really wouldn't mind a solid blue cap to go with the cracked barrel and all, but I hadn't heard mention.

SO, as soon as I know what's what, I'll post whether I want the parts. Thanks for the help folks!

"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older".

I'm sort of in the same boat as JPolaski. So, please pardon my asking a question before answering what I want to do next.

The yellowing is so minor that I didn't even notice it until it was brought to my attention in these posts. Is this like to get worse? If so, I may want to have the cap replaced. If not, or the likelihood is relatively minor, I'd like to keep it original.

Thus, my answer is ONE CAP if the situation is likely to get a lot worse. If not, I will express appreciation for FPN administrators for negotiating on my behalf but pass on it this time.

Could someone offer some insight into this? Thoughts would be most appreciated.

I'll add my question to the confusion. If we request the replacement cap do we have to send our pen in, or are we just going to receive a replacement part? I'd love to have the yellow fixed, but this pen is the one I use daily, and I really don't want to give it up.

Also, IIRC when ordering, this was a LIMITED supply of this plastic. What will they be redoing the caps in? I mean, I really wouldn't mind a solid blue cap to go with the cracked barrel and all, but I hadn't heard mention.

SO, as soon as I know what's what, I'll post whether I want the parts. Thanks for the help folks!

I'm sort of in the same boat as JPolaski. So, please pardon my asking a question before answering what I want to do next.

The yellowing is so minor that I didn't even notice it until it was brought to my attention in these posts. Is this like to get worse? If so, I may want to have the cap replaced. If not, or the likelihood is relatively minor, I'd like to keep it original.

Thus, my answer is ONE CAP if the situation is likely to get a lot worse. If not, I will express appreciation for FPN administrators for negotiating on my behalf but pass on it this time.

Could someone offer some insight into this? Thoughts would be most appreciated.

Glad to see I'm not the only one confused. My cap is also very very lightly yellowed. I wold not want to loose the cracked ice cap if...

Clarification please.

Thanks

Dwight

If at first you succeed,

try not to act surprised.

My take on this issue is that if I have to pay one penny to have a company correct an error they made, I will pass on the cap and on future purchases. Just my opinion on the "goodwill" of the company. If I am incorrect in this, I stand (and sit) corrected...

My take on this issue is that if I have to pay one penny to have a company correct an error they made, I will pass on the cap and on future purchases. Just my opinion on the "goodwill" of the company. If I am incorrect in this, I stand (and sit) corrected...

You only have to pay to send the pen back to Bexley they will fix it and repair the cap and send it back to you free.

I do not know of another company that would do more than that.

K

Edited by Tytyvyllus

I have emailed Bexley to ask these questions and when an answer arrives I will post the information.

K