The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Kingswood

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tipstricks

tipstricks

Fallen in love with flex

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2007 - 14:43

Found on ebay this beautiful FP (slightly marked on barrel: Kingswood - British made). I've read on FPN Kingswood is a British co-brand of Wahl Eversharp, but I can't find any other information about.
It's in good conditions, as you can see.
I would know if nib (broad, semi-flex and write very well, marked Warranted 14ct 1st quality) can be original or not.
Thanks folks.

Sponsored Content

#2 Oxonian

Oxonian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 14:53

Hi tipstricks,

Kingswood were a brand made in UK that originally had affiliations with Eversharp and some connection with Parker, they were made at several different factories over the years, at one time they were made in the Valentine/Parker plant at Newhaven and it was hard to tell Valentine and some Kingswood pens apart, it was also hard to tell some Parker and Kingswood pens apart, there was even a fair amount of commonality of parts, only the imprint and the clip giving the brand identity.

The pen in the picture is a little after this period and was made in the same plant as the Unique brand of pen, I have several of each and again if it wasn't for the imprint it would hard to tell the two brands apart and partts are interchangeable.

The nibs in the earlier pens were marked as Eversharp nibs made in UK on the later pens a warranted nib would be right, they were made to good specifications and write very well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, John

Edited by Oxonian, 28 July 2007 - 14:56.

#3 tipstricks

tipstricks

Fallen in love with flex

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2007 - 15:55

Thank you Oxonian, very helpful. I'm courious because I see on fountainpenemporium a same-shape 1940 Kingswood listed for $160. With your detailed description I think now mine isn't so vintage like that (I've paid $5).
You're right with the Unique brand: caps and nib section are interchangeable:

Sponsored Content

|