Recent FPN Outage

Admin

Early this afternoon (US Time), the MySQL database that underlies FPN experienced an error that led to FPN being offline for several hours. We were able to repair the database this evening and we are now back online. We will continue to monitor the situation.

Please email the team at fpnadmin@gmail.com if you experience any problems.

Warm Regards,

The FPN Admin Team

Edited by Gerry

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• finalidid

• FrankB

• PAKMAN

Dear FPN Admin Team : thanks for getting the Board back online so soon. we'all are grateful

-Sid

I was getting the shakes!

What am I supposed to do without my FPN fix!

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

I agree that this site is very well administered. My thanks to you who watchdog this site. I missed my afternoon FPN fix, but ... stuff happens. Where there is technology, there are technological errors.

I've been in serious withdrawal this afternoon, can't stand to be with out my FPN fix!!! Thanks for getting it back!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Early this afternoon (US Time), the MySQL database that underlies FPN experienced an error that led to FPN being offline for several hours. We were able to repair the database this evening and we are now back online. We will continue to monitor the situation.

Please email the team at fpnadmin@gmail.com if you experience any problems.

Warm Regards,

The FPN Admin Team

Good thing I am a vampire and sleep during the afternoons.

Harry Leopold

“Prints of Darkness”

Bit bleary when I logged on this morning, read the name of this topic as "Recent FPN OUTRAGE"

Have to say I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't some really exciting spat or scandal! :roflmho:

All functioning fine and dandy, keep up the good work!

We can sail safely inside the harbour but that is not what ships were built for - anon

Thanks for devoting your weekend hours to fixing the problem.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

As always, WELL DONE!!!!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Replies not working? I've found some times / places where the response is a 404-not found instead of my reply appearing. What might I be doing wrong?

Edited by finalidid

Replies not working? I've found some times / places where the response is a 404-not found instead of my reply appearing. What might I be doing wrong?

That is a separate issue. It happens either when you're not logged in, or with a time-out because the database is too busy, and/or connection timeouts. I always select all text (Ctrl-A) and do a copy (Ctrl-C), before previewing and/or posting, so I don't have to retype everything. If need be, I can then reinsert the text if I have to start from scratch (Ctrl-V).

HTH, warm regards, WIm

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Thanks Team FPN for all th egreat stuff you do to keep us connected. :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Unfortunately for me, I didn't even notice due to other "stuff" going on. Which means my life is again (yet???) out of control.

I'm awfully glad no one had to be med-evacked to some discreet unnamed location, for rehab after acquiring the Fountain Pen "Collective Benz" syndrome caused by the FPN being offline. :yikes:

The symptoms, as I understand it, can be absolutely awful. But unique, one of a kind, never seen anywhere else, and all retail at $295 and up.

Thanks Admins, you are always the best in the biz, and much appreciated.

Elizabeth

Spring and love arrived on a bird's sweet song. "How does that little box sound like birds and laughter?" I asked the gypsy violinist. He leaned back, pointing to his violin. "Look inside, you'll see the birdies sing to me" soft laughter in his voice. "I hear them, I can almost see them!", I shouted as his bow danced on the strings. "Ah yes" he said, "your heart is a violin." Shony Alex Braun

As it began for Shony, it began for me. My heart -- My violin

OK, I'm getting a consistent error on one particular thread. I have tried on several occasions over the last 12 hours to post to:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...showtopic=18111

I am able to post a small reply (the text "test") but not a larger one. Something hung up in the "poll" function to somehow prevent me from adding larger statements. Each time I try to edit my "test" message or simply add a reply to it, the post doesn't go through, but instead I get returned the following error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.fountainpennetwork.com Port 80

Further, before I posted my "test," the index to that thread read that new posts had been made as recently as today (July 17), and it had read yesterday that new posts had been made as recently as yesterday. However, when I look at the thread, I only see posts up to July 9, and then no posts until my "test" post today.

That thread is somehow "broken," at least for me. I cannot add a long-ish response, and I cannot see posts between July 9 and July 17 even though I know they're supposed to be there.

I can be more specific with all the details if an administrator needs to know. If this isn't the place to post this notification, please let me know and I'll forward it to whomever is appropriate.

Edited by finalidid

OK, I'm getting a consistent error on one particular thread. I have tried on several occasions over the last 12 hours to post to:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...showtopic=18111

I am able to post a small reply (the text "test") but not a larger one. Something hung up in the "poll" function to somehow prevent me from adding larger statements. Each time I try to edit my "test" message or simply add a reply to it, the post doesn't go through, but instead I get returned the following error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.fountainpennetwork.com Port 80

Further, before I posted my "test," the index to that thread read that new posts had been made as recently as today (July 17), and it had read yesterday that new posts had been made as recently as yesterday. However, when I look at the thread, I only see posts up to July 9, and then no posts until my "test" post today.

That thread is somehow "broken," at least for me. I cannot add a long-ish response, and I cannot see posts between July 9 and July 17 even though I know they're supposed to be there.

I can be more specific with all the details if an administrator needs to know. If this isn't the place to post this notification, please let me know and I'll forward it to whomever is appropriate.

Could you please be so kind as to send me a PM, please?

I could post to the thread, BTW, no problem.

Warm regards, Wim

Edited by wimg

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• 4 weeks later...

Thank You for working so hard on our wonderful board :)

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?