my CPDS or "Complex Pen Display System"

Guest Denis Richard

Guest Denis Richard

I was looking at my complex display system this evening (made of pen boxes, an old watch box and a few small fabric bags :)), and thought that it's starting to be hard to pretend that I "need" another pen. I know it's not much compared to many, but I'm gonna have to start hiding those :lol:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grasshopper

• KCat

• georgem

• Psyktek

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooh, you've got those old Eversharp 5th Avenues! :huh: :o

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little impact on society." Mark Twain

Guest Denis Richard

Yup... those are great pens. The full size one (the black set) has an almost stubbish nib. I say stubbish, because I think it is a regular factory medium, but has that squarish tipping that I've seen on a few Eversharps.

Great pens, that you still find at very reasonable prices.

That's a great photo, mon ami.

Nice to see your preciousssssss standing upright at attention!!

What's the stuff you have your pens wrapped in there at the back? (those beige coloured cloths)

Anyway, who must you "pretend" that you need another pen to? I'm sure your better half has stuff she buys that she doesn't need? Shoes... handbags... makeup...

(grasshopper has left the building to hide from all the ladies who are reading this)

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

Guest Denis Richard

The little cloth pouches come from a French store. I think they are supposed to be gift bags for jewels. I'll take a picture of them, they have a cute little ceramics turtle sewn on.

It's really much a matter of self-discipline. I already can't give all those pens the place they deserve in my rotation. Why would I add more ? But there are so many tempting pens.. aaarrrgggg :lol:

Grassy, are you really married ? Haven't you be trained yet to know that your wife does indeed *need* all those things you spoke about ? :D (running from the ladies too... wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeee.....)

Edited by Denis Richard

Grassy, are you really married ? Haven't you be trained yet to know that your wife does indeed *need* all those things you spoke about ? :D (running from the ladies too... wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeee.....)

I resemble that remark! :angry:

that Serenit..serin... big ol' Waterman sure is purdy..

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Love the photo.

Things that she buys but doesn't need. Hmmm. My wife is the kind of person who won't buy something unless:

a. it's on sale, AND

b. she has a coupon

Actually, not quite, but she treats herself less well than she deserves.

George

Pelikan Convert and User

Guest Denis Richard
Things that she buys but doesn't need. Hmmm. My wife is the kind of person who won't buy something unless:

a. it's on sale, AND

b. she has a coupon

My wife too... which drives me crazy sometimes. For example when you arrive at the cash register and she goes through the dozens of coupons in her purse <_< It's incredible how many sells and coupons are out there :lol:

Neither of us are spenders. I think it is just a guy thing to not comprehend why you need 20 pairs of shoes, even if each pair was bought for less than $20. And no, I don't see where that would compare to pens ! :lol:

Neither of us are spenders. I think it is just a guy thing to not comprehend why you need 20 pairs of shoes, even if each pair was bought for less than $20. And no, I don't see where that would compare to pens ! :lol:

You see, Denis, this is how i know i've been well trained. It is not the price of the pen (whoops!), shoe rather, but the value to the owner (WEARER!!). It could be more than $20, it could be less than $20, doesn't matter. What truly matters, is that the shoe is comfortable to wear, looks good and *most importantly*, makes them feel good and happy. Because after all, a happy wife means a happy husband (equally, an unhappy wife means a dead husband.)

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

It could be more than $20, it could be less than $20, doesn't matter. What truly matters, is that the shoe is comfortable to wear, looks good and *most importantly*, makes them feel good and happy.

i am sooo glad I don't have that affliction.

not that I don't have others to make up for it...

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Beautiful pic Denis...

You have some lovely pens tucked away there even though I cannot id them all I can see a Skyline, a Duofold, and a Tucky set just to name a few.

The Eversharp set on the right looks really familiar and I hope you are enjoying using them...

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

It is indeed a nice pic. Perhaps you could take another with the pens lined up so we could see all of your treasures?

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

My daughter could explain it...I think.

I *almost* understand it.

Actually, it's one of those things that are to be accepted rather than understood.

George

Pelikan Convert and User

In my wife's defence, she does actually discuss with me first before making the purchase (most of the time :lol: , not that she needs to) and she has become better controlled with her purchases before she got pregnant and especially since our daughter was born - seems now I'm the one who's siphoning our funds out for FPs! :ph34r: :lol:

Besides, every year we have this practice of overhauling our house and donating things which we no longer want or need. It's not an excuse to buy new things but to let others less fortunate enjoy a lot of things we take for granted.

It is indeed a nice pic. Perhaps you could take another with the pens lined up so we could see all of your treasures?

Great idea, Southpaw!! B)