You know it's gonna be one of those days when.....

kathywc

Ok...so I got up early this morning. I fed the cats, gave syl his shot then got dressed and left the house to drive to work......or so I thought. I got about a mile from the house when I happened to glance down and discovered that I was wearing a T-shirt that I threw on when I got up to feed the boys....it looked just great with my dress pants, dress shoes, and such. Really......

So, I went back to the house and changed shirts. I then left for work again. I got about 10 miles down the road when I realized that I left my lunch....and my fencing knickers. This time I decided not to turn around. I grabbed some Wendy's for lunch and I'll figure out something for practice when I get there.

My mail comes.....I get a package. It had the new converter I needed for my Murex since my other Namiki converter didn't fit it. Yea....it's here. Right? right. It actually fit. Yea! The day's getting better, right? I filled it with ink and cleaned up the nib, then went to put the barrel on.....do I even need to tell you what happened? You guessed it....the converter doesn't fit in the barrel of the pen!!!

$#@^*(^#@##@

kathy wc- who keeps getting looks from co workers for repeating over and over again that it will get better....it will get better.......

We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us.--Bernard of Clairvaux

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• Leslie J.

• georgem

• kathywc

Top Posters In This Topic

ah.. my sympathies, kathy.

i had mucked up my neck last week, right? So this weekend I overdid it on the treadmill and had a bum hip for a couple of says. Then yesterday I did something stupid again (this time, it *really* was - I know better than to lie down on my back and let my feet dangle) and now my lower back is fussing at me for abusing it.

Am I trying to hurt myself so I don't have to work out?

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

We've all had days like that. Some are more memorable than others.

In retrospect, most of THE THINGS THAT GO WRONG :angry: :doh: :bonk: ;) turn out to have been relatively not all that bad.

Last Friday morning was accompanied with girning, grimacing, some intemperate language over some things that could not be found.

My journal pages contained MANY CAPITALS in RED ink.

Now I wonder why I felt so upset. Oh Well.

Things do get better. They really do.

George

Pelikan Convert and User

My worst workday mishap was when I went in with my top on backwards. I didn't notice for about 4 hours.... :huh:

Worst stupid pen day was when I absently twisted the piston knob on my Senator Windsor while sitting on my bed. Ink in my lap... :doh:

Never lie to your dog.

Hmmmm, well, a couple years back on a lovely spring morning, I dropped my daughter off at kindergarten and was crossing the street to my car. I was in a great mood! The weather was gorgeous, and I was wearing my new good suit because I had a meeting later that day...

And out of nowhere, a wet pile of bird droppings landed on my head and all over the front of my clothes! Yes, it wasn't a particularly auspicious start to the day.

So when things get really bad now, I have my weary refrain: "But at least I didn't get a bunch of bird poop on my head today!"

ElaineB

There's always tomorrow . . . . may it be a better day. :)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

And out of nowhere, a wet pile of bird droppings landed on my head and all over the front of my clothes! Yes, it wasn't a particularly auspicious start to the day.

For some people, they sing. :P

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

I think that in some cultures, bird poop assaults are considered signs of good luck, but maybe not if they right on your head? :blush: It has been a very very long time since I got hit by fowl bombs, but when I got nailed on the shoulder moons ago, it felt disgusting, and I probably freaked a little thinking about all the types of diseases birds can carry :lol: