Apica Journals

It's good to hear that you had a positive experience ordering from Stylus. I've been in the shop, and was very impressed with their service, but I wasn't sure how they would be to order from. After reading your post, I'll be more confident about recommending them to out-of-town acquaintances.

Cheers,

A.J.

I'll have to chime in too - they're not the notebook I use the most, but I certainly find them pleasant to use. At first I thought they were way too floppy and thin for me to make any real use of, but recently I've found advantages to those - they slip very easily into a notebook/file folder and because of their smaller size you can easily dedicate one notebook to a particular project or assignment. So what I'd previously found a disadvantage is now working well for me. As for the writing quality of the paper, there's nothing I can add to what's been said already. It's fantastic!

I actually ordered mine from the store AJ linked to a few posts above - Stylus Fine Pens. I really wish they had a way to order on-line (or maybe I don't.... :rolleyes: ) but they do respond very promptly to e-mail, they take PayPal and ship quickly, and their service is excellent. (NAYY)

In an infinite universe, everything must exist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a11en

• inkypete

• lovemy51

• Samovar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Based on the information on FPN. Made a couple orders from Molly on ebay last year. Last time was when she made up the packages of, Year of Apica CD 15 and the assortment package. Had some church friends I planned to give some as samples. They do a lot of studying, writing, prayer treatments. I knew a couple used fountain pens. Anyway, when it came time to makeup their little gift packages had a terrible time parting with the Apicas. So much for spiritual giving :rolleyes:

Enjoy the smaller notebooks, I carry them in a purse or hip pocket of my jeans. The midsize can rubber band around a booking I'm reading for taking notes. Using a CD15 for a church class. Can't use it for Cornell notes so I write on the right page and save the left for additional notes. Plan to use one for Oprah's class tonight with Eckart Tolle, A New Earth. A friend gave the me the book last year and I couldn't get into it. Maybe the class will make it work. Worst case I have an opportunity to use my fountain pens, variety of inks on wonderful paper. A Good Thing!

I placed an order with Molly for shipment to Australia. Great experience. Molly was helpful in trying to get best value from the freight pack and the goods were here about 7 days from order. Highly recommended!

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• 4 weeks later...

I also have been inspired and ordered 4 x Apica CD15 to the UK from Paris - a bit daft since the postage has been exhorbitant but I have so much wanted to try them!

Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib

Bexley Simplicity bronze GT B nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

I also have been inspired and ordered 4 x Apica CD15 to the UK from Paris - a bit daft since the postage has been exhorbitant but I have so much wanted to try them!

Was that from Skripta in Paris? They have lots of tempting things on their site, but the postage charge has put me off so far. I am weakening though and can feel an order coming on.

Yes it was from Skripta-Paris! I really wanted to get them even though the postage was about the same price as the notebooks. What happened was, I had decided I want to try keeping separate notebooks for different books I'm reading, and I had bought a Paperchase 4-Subject A5 notebook. But the paper quality was not as good as usual compared to my other Paperchase notebooks......so....that gave me an excuse to order the Apica ones.

I'm thinking of asking thewritingdesk if they might consider stocking them....

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

Yes it was from Skripta-Paris! I really wanted to get them even though the postage was about the same price as the notebooks. What happened was, I had decided I want to try keeping separate notebooks for different books I'm reading, and I had bought a Paperchase 4-Subject A5 notebook. But the paper quality was not as good as usual compared to my other Paperchase notebooks......so....that gave me an excuse to order the Apica ones.

I would be interested to hear what you think of the paper quality, once you have tried them. Good idea about asking The Writing Desk, I have got to speak to them soon and will mention it as well. Perhaps we should start a campaign.

I would be interested to hear what you think of the paper quality, once you have tried them. Good idea about asking The Writing Desk, I have got to speak to them soon and will mention it as well. Perhaps we should start a campaign.

i'll jump on that bandwagon! Writing Desk are great and would be even greater if they stocked a number of notebooks we all write about - whitelines, apica, etc. Sigh but maybe they should not as I have a tough enough time hiding all the blank notebooks I've already got lying about... sigh.

I plan on ordering some of these.

It is just a wee bit annoying (and monkeyish) that the notebooks all have that (I think) ridiculous phrase on the front. :bawl:

I buy all of mine in New York; either at Kinokuniya (at 41st and 6th ave) or at Downtown Stationers (6th ave between 12th and 13th). Kinokuniya has the better deal and selection.

How do Kinokuniya's prices compare to Molly's at eBay? (Is it worth a trip into NYC from Brooklyn?)

It is just a wee bit annoying (and monkeyish) that the notebooks all have that (I think) ridiculous phrase on the front. :bawl:

I love the phrase on the front. I think it's brilliant :thumbup:

I am in love with these notebooks. I use the 6A10 ones which have 100 pages (same size as CD-15, but a lot more paper). They get a little beat up after a while, but there is something about them I just love. I've been through Clairefontaine, Rhodia, Moleskine you name and I've most likely tried it. I've settled on the Apica notebooks. I ordered all of mine from Molly. Good transaction in general, but I thought the shipping was a little slow (I think she may only ship like once or twice a week). The price was good and I ordered like 15 of the 6A10.

:clap1: The CD15's have arrived! One of each colour: red, blue, green, sand

And when I was opening the package I was delighted to think "This has come all the way from Paris!" :happyberet:

The paper is extremely smooth and the stitched bindings are very neat.

I have to decide what to put in them! (they are for writing after all....)

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

:clap1: The CD15's have arrived! One of each colour: red, blue, green, sand

And when I was opening the package I was delighted to think "This has come all the way from Paris!" :happyberet:

The paper is extremely smooth and the stitched bindings are very neat.

I have to decide what to put in them! (they are for writing after all....)

Glad that they have have arrived and that first impressions are good. It was pay day yesterday and I am very tempted to order some.

I plan on ordering some of these.

I buy all of mine in New York; either at Kinokuniya (at 41st and 6th ave) or at Downtown Stationers (6th ave between 12th and 13th). Kinokuniya has the better deal and selection.

How do Kinokuniya's prices compare to Molly's at eBay? (Is it worth a trip into NYC from Brooklyn?)

I made the trip to Kinokuniya from Brooklyn a few months ago, it's nice just to go there and see what they have (which is A LOT). I bought 3 different notebooks, two were Apica, they are the hardbound with twin spirals on the left, cost $5.60 and they have about 80 pages. Same size as Black n' Red from Staples, which is about 8 1/4" x 5 7/8".

“It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.” Voltaire

"'The French Soldier,' pronounced Rostopchin, 'has to be incited to battle by high-sounding phrases; the German must have it logically proved to him that it is more dangerous to run away than to advance; but the Russian soldier has to be held back, and urged to go slowly!'" War and Peace

These CD15 s remind me of music manuscripts (printed paper) because the paper is so smoooooth

I thought I would just say that I have now started writing in one of the notebooks, and I'm using it for quotes from my books on Zen - it's all a bit Japanese isn't it!?

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

Just ordered one 6A10, one CD15, and one CD11 from Molly. Can't wait. I'm hoping this will be the answer for my journal.

~Brian

"Mostly I just kill time, and it dies hard." - Raymond Chandler (The Long Goodbye)

I've just ordered a Leather cover from Renaissance Art to fit the 6A10 size. Which means I'm committed to the notebooks. No reason not to be as they are perfect for what I use them for.

I've just ordered a Leather cover from Renaissance Art to fit the 6A10 size. Which means I'm committed to the notebooks. No reason not to be as they are perfect for what I use them for.

Is the cover a stock or custom item?

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

The cover is a custom item. It's also being made with a bookmark. All I did was take measurements and submit them to Ren Art.

These look awesome. I've been looking for a new notebook for German class. Placing my order now. If it works out, I might even buy a huge supply for school. Wish me luck ^^

So I finally made it to a Kinokuniya bookstore. They have one in the Palisades Center mall near NYC.

They did not have a selection of Apica products, but all the notebooks I saw seemed to have very nice paper, and many folded flat on a table very well.

Now I need to decide if it's worth a NYC trip to see a larger selection of Apica, or to just order some online.