FPN Board software upgrade

Admin

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, Fellow FPNutters,

Thanks to a very generous donation by one of our members, we are pleased to announce that we will upgrade our Board's software very soon now.

An exact date will be posted here, as soon as we have heard more from the parties involved with the implementation of this upgrade.

Please be aware that in order to carry out this upgrade, the board will be down for some time, possibly up to 2 or 3 days, while all the customizations implemented over the life of our board, are added back in, back-ups are run, the board is tested, etc.

Furthermore, we will need to reset all our Members to the default skin, the blue IPB skin, at least temporarily, until all skins are fixed as well. For each of those skins there will be a separate announcement, when they are fixed too in the weeks after the implementation of the new software. If a fix isn't possible, we will try to find a suitable replacement. Again, we will inform you.

Thank you for reading!

Warm regards,

The FPN Admin Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• jd50ae

• Elaine

• George

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG

Three days..................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babys will be born

People will marry

The world could end

R could shave

MT could actually invade something

All the photos

All the new pens

It will take forever to catch up

If we get over the withdrawels

AAAAaaAAaArRRrrRRRRRrrrrGggGgggggGG.....the horror....... blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Edited by jd50ae

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

Well, smile.gif

QUOTE (jd50ae @ Apr 15 2007, 04:05 PM)
OMG
Three days..................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Babys will be born
People will marry
The world could end
R could shave
MT could actually invade something
All the photos
All the new pens
It will take forever to catch up

Nah, no catching up to do, nobody will be able to read let alone post smile.gif. And 3 days is a worst case scenario, like rebuilding the entire web server smile.gif.

If we get over the withdrawels

Now, here you may have a point lticaptd.gif.

AAAAaaAAaArRRrrRRRRRrrrrGggGgggggGG.....the horror....... blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

Warm regards, Wim wink.gif

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Will I suffer withdrawal? I have an addiction to FPN as well as to pens. Oh well, life goes on. I will survive.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

I cant.. do it.... after 2 hours of not being on FPN, i start to get symptoms... HELP!

Jusk Kidding. Good luck, and its for the better.

This will be a test of our endurance tongue.gif tongue.gif

The Internet is Soooooo boring without FPN!!!!

What will i do??????

I think maybe i will go watch my moustache grow longer laugh.gif laugh.gif

JD

To (mis)quote:

"They can take our freedom, but they will never take our fountain pens!"

I just found this site and started collecting fountain pens, and already I can feel the "shakes" from just anticipation of the forum going down.

"For it is the Doom of Men that they forget." - Merlin, Excalibur

Maybe I should add that if everything goes according to plan, it is probably about 4-6 hours before our board is back up and running again... smile.gif

And even that is a liberal guesstimate, taking into account that we want to be able to go back to the exact state where we were before upgrading. If we really need to reconstruct the whole site, because the entire server faisl on us and things get wiped for unclear reasons, we will be busy for a few days, but only in that case.

So, as long as everything goes according to plan, it isn't too bad smile.gif

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

2-3 days... what are you kidding me...

The 2-3 hours I was without FPN today almost had me looking for a bottle of bourbon...

You guys are going to kill me with 2-3 days...

I might have to start calling JD and talking to him... OH MY GOD What is going to become of me...

Just let us know ahead of time so we can properly medicate ourselves...

The chief aim of man is to glorify God by enjoying Him forever! ~ J. Piper

QUOTE (OldGriz @ Apr 15 2007, 03:17 PM)
2-3 days... what are you kidding me...
The 2-3 hours I was without FPN today almost had me looking for a bottle of bourbon...
You guys are going to kill me with 2-3 days...
I might have to start calling JD and talking to him... OH MY GOD What is going to become of me...

I might actually answer........................................ sick.gif

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

QUOTE (JediGamer @ Apr 15 2007, 03:37 PM)
Just let us know ahead of time so we can properly medicate ourselves...

I'll drink to that...................... biggrin.gif

Hi Viseguy,

Regarding improvements, well, for one, or rather two / three:

1. Better security

2. An additional extremely simple interface or skin, uncluttered IOW, akin to the Pen and Writing Instruments Forum / PenTrace

3. Loads of other stuff, but we'll discuss that when the announcement is made for the exact date and time, if you don't mind too much. It will most certainly have a friendlier interface.

To me, #1 is more than enough reason alone to upgrade, considering the attacks we have had the last year or so.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman