I'm Mr. Blue

Thesaurus Rex

A bout of insomnia two nights ago resulted in a massive cleaning and storing and resurrection of several pens. I now have six going and they're all full of different kinds of blue ink.

1. Blue Marbled Waterman Laureat, M, Levenger "Skies of Blue"

2. Blue Visconti Midi Van Gogh, F, "Skies of Blue"

3. Copper Esterbrook J, 2668 nib, PR American Blue

4. Green Marbled Waterman Kultur, F, Levenger Cobalt Blue

5. A blue Japanese Sailor clone, sweet MF nib, Waterman Blue Black

6. Vintage Sheaffer Craftsman (THANKS ELAINE B!!!!!), 33 nib, Waterman Blue Black

Who wants a snail letter in a symphony of blues?

Rex

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thesaurus Rex

• Mannenhitsu

• Titivillus

• Gerry

Just making a quick stop...

I do hope that blue is just your preferred colour of ink and that you're feeling a little more colourful yourself...

You do know that it's just wrong not to put a warm brown or copper ink in that Esterbrook don't you?

Cheers!

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

You do know that it's just wrong not to put a warm brown or copper ink in that Esterbrook don't you?

Hey, Big K-

So far the Esterbrook hasn't complained. Didn't I tell you I bleed blue ink? It's all I use. It was *you* who got me hooked on Waterman Blue Black if I recall correctly.

And thanks for not giving me any (ink)e for including a vintage Sheaffer in this list.

;)

Amen!

but we'll let you slide for now, TRex.

for now... someone may have to send you a sample of WM Havana if you don't have it already.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

I appreciate the thought, but I am a blue ink man. Blue, blue, blue.

(Songs are like tattoos...)

TRex, if you are feeling in a minority, please remember that I too am a full Blue man. I occasionally try other colours (trying to be flexible after all), but after Elaine named an Indigo Blue after me - that was it - Blue Rules...

(The formula is available - public domain, but it is *mine*...)

Best regards,

Gerry

A bout of insomnia two nights ago resulted in a massive cleaning and storing and resurrection of several pens.  I now have six going and they're all full of different kinds of blue ink.

1. Blue Marbled Waterman Laureat, M, Levenger "Skies of Blue"

2. Blue Visconti Midi Van Gogh, F, "Skies of Blue"

3. Copper Esterbrook J, 2668 nib, PR American Blue

4. Green Marbled Waterman Kultur, F, Levenger Cobalt Blue

5. A blue Japanese Sailor clone, sweet MF nib, Waterman Blue Black

6. Vintage Sheaffer Craftsman (THANKS ELAINE B!!!!!), 33 nib, Waterman Blue Black

Who wants a snail letter in a symphony of blues?

Rex

WHy not post over on the snail mail list if you're interested in letter writing :lol:

:eureka:

Kurt H

Edited by Tytyvyllus

• 3 weeks later...

I am with all of you: blue is the way to go! :D

Of course this reminds me of a few songs with blue in them...

"Blues In The Night"

"Blue Midnight"

"Blue Rain"

"St. Louis Blues"

"Blue Interlude"

"Wabash Blues"

"Honolulu Blues"

"Blue Hawaii"

Of well enough of this, I am sure you get the idea, but some of these would make some interesting ink colors.

:D

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

My favorite new 'blue' is the Aurora blue. Next in line is Parker quink blue, then Pelikan royal blue--Waterman BB also occupies my ink stained pocket!

My favorite new 'blue' is the Aurora blue.  Next in line is Parker quink blue, then Pelikan royal blue--Waterman BB also occupies my ink stained pocket!

I have a bottle of Parker Quink Blue, and I really like it a lot. I think the time comes to refill my Phileas I will wash it out and use the bottle of Quink instead. I also have bottle of Aurora Blue, and that has to be the smoothest ink brand I have ever used. Now I just wish Aurora would produce other colors that are equally free flowing. :)

Edited by Mannenhitsu

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."