Favorite ballpoint...

I use Zebra F-301 ballpoints when I'm out where someone might need to borrow a pen or I have to write through carbonless copy paper. The F-301 refills really have a nice gel pen feel.

I also use a Lamy Safari ballpoint. I like the way it writes and the way the Safari feels in my hand. It would be nice if Lamy's ballpoint ink was a darker black.

I also have a collection of Pilot V5's and G-2's in 0.5 mm. Nice fountain-pen feel from both, but the V5 ink tends to bleed through paper.

My fountain pens are a Waterman Phileas and a Lamy Safari. I'm thinking about getting the bottle of Noodler's that comes with a free fountain pen as well.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gregoron

• Apollo

• dapv

• mr T.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a big fan of parker compatible refills because they seem to have the most choices so I tend to gravitate to those that accept these refills. On any given day my most favorite ballpoint is one of the following depending on my mood:

Parker Duofold Pinstripe (Blue)

Parker Sonnet (Black Laquer)

Pelikan m620 (Piccadilly Circus)

Visconti Van Gogh (Tortoise)

From time to time I'll switch to a Mont Blanc 169 because it is a very visually appealing instrument but I just don't care much for the way the refill writes. I still like it quite a bit though.

What are your favorite ballpoints?

Monteverde Mega Ink Ball filled with Noodler's bullet proof black.

"If the pen is mightier than the sword I am indeed well armed!"

D.P. Mahon

My three favorite ballpoints are my Mont Blanc Starwalker, Sensa True Blue, and several Cross Century Classics in lustrous chrome. Other than that, I usually don't write with ballpoints.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

• 2 weeks later...

I own a Sailor Professional Gear ballpoint pen (black resin with silver trim - gold trim is available) and I truly enjoy the writing experience. With a short twist of the pen, I'm off to writing and signing documents in no time. Similar to the Montblanc, the Sailor PG is a much thicker pen, making it pleasant to hold during long bouts of writing. :thumbup: Of course, it's dressed to impress, too. :thumbup: For those of you yearning for a great liquid writer, the Sailor PG also comes in a fountain pen with the same beautiful design. This pen is a real bargain and is hard to pass up.

Sailor_Pro_Gear_BP_ST.jpg

http://www.nexternal.com/swisher/images/Sailor_Pro_Gear_FP_ST.jpg

My favorite BP is a Caran D'Ache Geneve with a Goliath refill. First, the Goliath is the best BP refill out there. It is smooth and lasts forever. Second, the Geneve is a great model BP. It is heavy and you know you have a good instrument in your hand. Since I tend to use BPs when I am writing really fast, i need a really solid piece. The Geneve does it. It is a real workhorse for me. Literally, I don't leave for a meeting without it. True for 10+ years. To cover the old banged up one, I have an extra in the wings, just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

My all time favourite is the Caran d'Ache 849. I prefer the original edition or the metallic blue one.

It also takes parker refills.

Although it more expensive than the simple parker Jotter it feels a lot nicer to write with it. The one - piece aluminum body and it's size gives the pen more stability and comfort than other ballpoints I ' ve tried.

Mine are MB Agatha Christie and MB Starwalker, even though the MB refills are hit or miss (in these two pens, currently, a hit!).

I bought a Rotring Initial a coupla months ago, just to have a push-top ballpoint at hand at work, and I like that a lot, too.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

favorite real ballpoint is a bic crystal stick in blue. the ink color very dark almost blue black, love that.

hardly ever use them though.

favorite fancy ballpoint is a retro 51 orange and black harley davidson with a blue parker gel refill.

If I'm doing something (some of the forms at work) that requires a ballpoint, I've got two that I'll use exclusively, a Montblanc Starwalker and a Carbon & Steel. Most of the time when I can't use a fountain pen though, its either a Starwalker rollerball or the Conway Stewart Duro rollerball which uses the Rotring refill, which is an outstanding refill. If my Rotring set doesn't end up selling, I'm going to start using the rollerball.

I carry a Jaguar ball point pen. It's kind of heavy and large, just the way I like 'em.

At Your Service,

Clydesdave

If I must use a ballpoint I'm fond of Parker Jotters and then Mont Blanc ball points are nice (though I don't own an MB). My dad has two MB ball points and I've always liked them.

-Zac

I have two that I rely on, and that I do enjoy using. A CdA (looks like the Lemans model...but was prior to the Leman), and I have had a Visconti Wall Street BP in Blue for about 6 weeks now. The CdA uses a proprietary refill, but in broad it is really very good....the Visconti WS currently has a Parker Gel in it...awaiting several Visconti gels.

Oh, Oh...I also have about 15 a Parker Jotters ...one clipped onto my checkbook and the other 14 in a jar on a grab as need basis for me and my wife...

Peter

Edited by Pjake

The only one I actually use is my Visconti Wall Street. It's the most perfectest ballpoint ever.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

The Uni Ball PB 207 refill is a GREAT refill!

Edited by Garageboy

I have a Mont Blanc Starwalker ball point which is really nice. I would also like to purchase a Cartier Pasha ballpoint to match the fountain pen I own.

Current Favourites

Pen- Pilot Custom 74

Ink- J.Herbin Emerald of Chivor

• 2 months later...

Cartier Pasha (uses Parker refills) and Montblanc Rubber/Metal Starwalker (but clip damages shirt pockets).

Always Black refills.

post-18006-1213661157_thumb.jpg

post-18006-1213661001_thumb.jpg

Pierre

Edited by Bellavance