Help With Pilot Elite Filling System

da vinci

Seeking some help in relation to a sterling silver Pilot Elite that I recently picked up.

I dont know a great deal about the pen, but I like silver, I like these types of nib and I like Pilot. A bit of an impulse buy.

I have attached some pictures of the pen below:

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/Fountain%20Pens/image.jpg8_zpsjh9fc28j.jpg

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/Fountain%20Pens/image.jpg9_zpslwe0wlbc.jpg

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/Fountain%20Pens/image.jpg10_zpsxpeqhl3l.jpg

As you can see the section has a long slim metal tube (as opposed to a solid rod) protruding from the section. It seems to join the section at the point where you would normally expect to find the nipple to attach a cartridge or convertor.

I am guessing that this pen may have had some sort of filling system other than c/c which has been worn or damaged and is now incomplete.

Anyone got any ideas about whether this pen is broken and if so how it might be repaired?

If its not broken how do I fill it?

Thoughts welcome and TIA.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• da vinci

• Algester

• ehemem

• clear1

its a C/C indeed uhhh check if a CON-20 will work else try to looks for a CON-W they are still available in japan...but not advertised

Algester, thanks for your reply. The problem is the long metal tube coming from the section. Its pretty firmly fixed, and i dont think a converter will go over it?

Algester, thanks for your reply. The problem is the long metal tube coming from the section. Its pretty firmly fixed, and i dont think a converter will go over it?

all I know the COn-20 should fit it but not the COn-50 for the most obvious of reasons the breather tube should be able to fit it else measure up and use a Pilot cartridge if the cartridge fits then the CON-20 should too

Most silver Elites were c/c fillers, but I have seen a few that were piston fillers. I would be careful with this pen until you get a definitive answer about this particular pen. Contact Pilot directly would be my best advice.

hmm really a piston filled pocket pen wouldnt be the most logical decision... ohh wait right Elite came out with a lot of sizes... even then the chiselle pattern would say otherwise and I never heard of a Elite with a piston filler... since its inception in the late 1960 and its other incarnations

digging up cronicas estifolios

yes all elites are indeed C/C fillers HOWEVER even then their converters would be different

with a breather tube I'm thinking it might be one of the 2 which would mean it is a bellow filler something that Pilot Japan no longer makes so... yeah... you may need to hack the pen if you want to use a converter for it or perhaps use the cartridge instead

else you may want to hack a cartridge on your own and turn it into a squeeze filler

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/83943-pilot-g-500/?do=findComment&comment=2125293

it seems so now you have something to work with I think my job is done CON-LAS is no longer produced in Japan as opposed to the CON-W said converter can fit with a breather tube

Edited by Algester

Thanks all for your comments.

Algester, looking at the most helpful and appreciated link you posted, i am wondering if the tube is actually the inside of a CON 70 (the longest) converter.

However, having just applied a little pressure to see if it was a broken converter, the tube came free, and pulled with it the feed to the nib all still held together.

For this reason I am now beginning to suspect that the tube is actually an integral part of the pen.

• 2 weeks later...

For this reason I am now beginning to suspect that the tube is actually an integral part of the pen.

Yes, it is. I have the same pen, and the same problem. Actually mine was OK at first, but now the sac is torn.

There is a person in Korea, where I live, who can fix the broken converter. However, I haven't found time to visit him.

Until then, I will use it as a dip pen. :)

as much as I want to help I'm only led to this image

http://i.imgur.com/kgflAeB.jpg

well the more important parts have to be acquired first a sac nipple, an accordion sac, a sleeve and a button...

but if I can enlighten you

パイロット エリートシルバーン (Pilot Elite Silvern) is the pen's proper name even euro-box had a hard time getting the converter fixed as well

Edited by Algester

Thanks both for your comments that information is very helpful. I am going to make a few enquiries in the UK and will update this thread in due course. Don't let that put off anyone else from commenting though 😊

Contacting Pilot will also be helpful as it is their product. So someone should be able to at least point you in the right direction.

round-letter-exc.png

Contacting Pilot will also be helpful as it is their product. So someone should be able to at least point you in the right direction.

Sometimes. Depending on how old it is, they may not have all the information, as not being able to answer on their own product has happened before. (But can't hurt to ask).

Sometimes. Depending on how old it is, they may not have all the information, as not being able to answer on their own product has happened before. (But can't hurt to ask).

Thanks Karl - I did that a couple if days ago. Had a fairly swift and polite reply explaining they couldnt help as the model was discontinued.

Thanks. It will be one of these or a bellows style filler, difficult to say which. Whatever, it will be nigh on impossible to repair so I am going to make enquiries of a pen fixer to see if the filling system can be modified. Otherwise its off to the scrapheap :(.

Thanks. It will be one of these or a bellows style filler, difficult to say which. Whatever, it will be nigh on impossible to repair so I am going to make enquiries of a pen fixer to see if the filling system can be modified. Otherwise its off to the scrapheap :(.

worst case scenario you will need to have a section replacement for the more recent Elite I think they are interchangeable at least you can fit a CON-50 on that one Edited by Algester

worst case scenario you will need to have a section replacement for the more recent Elite I think they are interchangeable at least you can fit a CON-50 on that one

Thats a good idea Algester, thanks. Could you post a link to the type of donor pen you refer to so I am clear? There are many different pilot models!