Anyone Tried Anderson Label Scribal Inks?

tigergirldsm

I never had the chance to try the Scribal Work Shop's Cryptid inks, but I've heard they were pretty cool. Anderson Pens has 7 inks made by Scribal, and I was wondering if anyone's tried them yet.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• Brian Anderson

• TXKat

• tigergirldsm

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't used them personally but this swab looks really nice!

http://inkymadness.tk/Anderson%20Pens/Robin's%20Egg.jpg

fpn_1434432647__fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

Check out my blog at Inks and Pens

Sadly.. I haven't tried them. With the strong dollar , plus shipping... I don't think I will try them anytime soon.. :(

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I have samples of Robin's Egg, Fox River, and Oshkosh Denim (all blues) but have only tried the Denim so far. It's a moderately wet ink with fair shading, and cleans out somewhat easily. It left a film on the piston seal rubber but not on the plastic ink window.

I ordered a set of Scribal Workshop ink samples back when Goulet still carried them. If they are the same brand that Anderson is now selling, my only comment is that the inks are dry dry dry dry dry. Dry. Have I mentioned dry? In particular, they were dry in my Viscontis, which are known to be very wet writers, and I had trouble with getting them to start after sitting overnight in a pen.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

I spoke with a salesperson at the Anderson Pens booth at the Long Island Pen Show about the inks. While made by Scribal Workshop, they are not the same as the Scribal Workshop inks. Supposedly they have been improved.

I didn't actually buy a bottle, though some day I might get a sample.

I ordered a set of Scribal Workshop ink samples back when Goulet still carried them. If they are the same brand that Anderson is now selling, my only comment is that the inks are dry dry dry dry dry. Dry. Have I mentioned dry? In particular, they were dry in my Viscontis, which are known to be very wet writers, and I had trouble with getting them to start after sitting overnight in a pen.

These are not exactly the same. The same colors, but not the same ink. We went through a reformulation process on them (several iterations, actually) to alleviate that common complaint on the Scribal inks. I use Green Bay and Robin's Egg daily in my Sailors and other pens without issues.

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

These are not exactly the same. The same colors, but not the same ink. We went through a reformulation process on them (several iterations, actually) to alleviate that common complaint on the Scribal inks. I use Green Bay and Robin's Egg daily in my Sailors and other pens without issues.

Good to hear! Will have to try out the new formulations.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

Thanks for the info! That helps a lot.

I have samples of Robin's Egg, Fox River, and Oshkosh Denim (all blues) but have only tried the Denim so far. It's a moderately wet ink with fair shading, and cleans out somewhat easily. It left a film on the piston seal rubber but not on the plastic ink window.

Thanks! Would you mind updating when you've tried some of the other colors?

Thanks! Would you mind updating when you've tried some of the other colors?

Will do! May take a while though, as I don't go through ink very quickly.

Nice to know. I tried one but it was so dry.....

Can you elaborate which color? Also what pen and nib would be helpful too. As it is, your comment doesn't do much for the discussion.

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

I have a bottle of Scribal Workshop Zhulong (red), and it just isn't for me. I actually like the color, but it is so dry that (for me) it's no fun to write with. That kept me from trying any of the other colors.

When I heard Anderson Pens were coming out with their own ink, I had mixed feelings. On the one hand, since I'm a big fan of Anderson Pens I wanted to get some. But on the other hand, if the performance was going to be anything like the Zhulong...

In the end, I got a bottle of Green Bay, figuring it would probably end up just being decoration on my ink shelf. Wrong! I like this ink. First off, the flow is way better. It has nice shading - from a lighter green with a yellow tint to a nice dark green. It dries quickly enough for me, and doesn't feather (much) on my really crummy test paper.

Here's a writing sample (Baoer 388, medium nib, on an index card from the Dollar Tree).

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8745/17315805402_bc721c067c_z.jpg

Of course, your best option is to get samples of all 7 and try them for yourself!

Well... I guess I will have to order a set of samples.

I do like the colors... but if the reports are saying that the inks are quite dry.. I will try the samples first.

I wish I could order 5ml samples. 3ml is not enough to properly play with them.. ;)

In any case.. we need more reviews.. PRONTO !!!.. :lol:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I have 2 samples of these inks, Denim and Wood Violet. I just started on the Denim yesterday, and haven't tried the Wood Violet yet. Initially I put the Denim in a Baoer 388 that I'd opened up the tines on a bit so it writes fairly wet, but the ink wrote so dry (pale and skipping) that I couldn't stand it. So I put it instead in a Waterman Laureat, my wettest pen. It worked great - for a while. By late in the day it was skipping quite a bit and writing a lot lighter than initially (it had been kept capped when not in use). After being left capped overnight, the only way I could get it to write this morning was to empty and refill the pen. Even a bit of water on the nib didn't get it going. This is the driest ink I've ever used.

My camera has gone on strike so I can't do a review, sorry.

These samples were free during a sale some time back.

I have a bottle of Scribal Workshop Zhulong (red), and it just isn't for me. I actually like the color, but it is so dry that (for me) it's no fun to write with. That kept me from trying any of the other colors.

When I heard Anderson Pens were coming out with their own ink, I had mixed feelings. On the one hand, since I'm a big fan of Anderson Pens I wanted to get some. But on the other hand, if the performance was going to be anything like the Zhulong...

In the end, I got a bottle of Green Bay, figuring it would probably end up just being decoration on my ink shelf. Wrong! I like this ink. First off, the flow is way better. It has nice shading - from a lighter green with a yellow tint to a nice dark green. It dries quickly enough for me, and doesn't feather (much) on my really crummy test paper.

Here's a writing sample (Baoer 388, medium nib, on an index card from the Dollar Tree).

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8745/17315805402_bc721c067c_z.jpg

Of course, your best option is to get samples of all 7 and try them for yourself!

Thanks for the sample!

I have half a bottle of Scribal Workshop Mermaid and really like it. The ink has this wetness that really looks like a mermaid's tale or the waves in the ocean...it kind of looks like it is moving....I really like it a lot. :)

I have a sample of Nessie and it is a very dark somewhat muted purple similar to Mont Blanc Lavender Purple but MB LP has more character imo. Plus I love the color effects as it dries! Although I wish I could find an ink that is the color of MB LP when it is wet and stayed the way, that would be pretty sweet!

I got both Scribal inks from the Zeller Writing Co. Aaron is super incredibly nice! :)

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

I will concur that I found Nessie to be dry. Again for a similar color I prefer Mont Blanc Lavender Purple.

Mermaid has not been dry for me. I have used it in several pens without issue. I had it in my Nemosine Fission (light blue of course) with a Goulet 1.1 stub for over 2 months and it never dried out, always started writing when I picked it up. Gave me a beautiful wet line. I have had great personal experiences with the Mermaid ink and really enjoy it.

I had not heard of the new Scribal inks at Anderson's pens but now I will look into them! :)

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

I had not heard of the new Scribal inks at Anderson's pens but now I will look into them! :)

Well.. you won't find them.... for now.

I had all the intention of buying a set of samples of the whole line to review and send to friends to review, I actually had them ALL in my cart....and they went POOF!!!... All gone... Bottles and Samples at the same time... :(

They are showing Out of Stock since May 4/5. I am currently waiting for them to come back in stock.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Oh no! I am so sorry! I know how disappointing that must feel! :(

I hope they are restocked soon so you can get your samples!

Tessy Moon