Sonnet Sterling Silver Cisele

mitto

It has arrived.

Sonnet sterling silver cisele , M nib , IIQ (2nd Q 2010) date code with tiny hallmarks on the back of the cap that I failed to read.

No objection please on my inability to type the word cisele as it should be. I have no symbols to use in my cellphone keyboard. Or , perhaps , these are there but I dont know where and how to use them.

Paid $260 for the pen with no shipping charges.

Khan M. Ilyas

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• Manalto

• Frank C

• Ted F

Top Posters In This Topic

Really , daffie ? Did you notice the tiny hallmarks on the cap? Forgot to mention it is 18k gold nib. I have now three Sonnets with 18k gold nibs and two with just gold plated nibs.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Very nice. It looks pristine - the gold cap band is a handsome variant of the 75's design. Well done!

Yes , James. A very nice and attractive pen. It is my third high end gold nib Sonnet. I have the Gold Lustre and the Silver Lustre too. I didnt know the Cisele Sonnet was still in production until last week my parker dealer in Islamabad told me it was still available in the refresh version. And , I ordered the pen then and there. The pen , when arived , was fitted with a fine nib. But I insisted on either a medium or broad nib. And the dealer had to arrange a new section with medium nib from the Parker Distrubors in Karachi by air cargo that arrived the next day. I am happy with my pen. And , I think the price I paid is also a good one. It was my wish , since long , to have a brand new Cisele. Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Wonderful pen. I have also a Sterling Silver Ciselé Sonnet but from 1999, i.e. the previous design with broad cap band and no engraved rings. Bought it NOS two years ago, with box and papers, and paid $170 shipped. The nib was a nightmare, and I should replace it with a new one.

Wonderful pen. I have also a Sterling Silver Ciselé Sonnet but from 1999, i.e. the previous design with broad cap band and no engraved rings. Bought it NOS two years ago, with box and papers, and paid $170 shipped. The nib was a nightmare, and I should replace it with a new one.

I was mindful of the nib problem in Sonnets. So I insisted on either a broad or a medium nib. And that too I tested by dipping the pen in ink and writing with it. And the nib replacement option is still there until one week. But until now I am satisfied with the current nib performance. The ink flow is great and the pen writes fairly smoothly.

Khan M. Ilyas

That is a beautiful pen. I took out my old Parker 75 Ciselé; I can see the heritage of your pen in mine. I ordered two of the Sonnet Flighters two weeks ago. They are good writers and attractive pens, buy your Ciselé is absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for the photos. How about a writing sample?

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

That is a beautiful pen. I took out my old Parker 75 Ciselé; I can see the heritage of your pen in mine. I ordered two of the Sonnet Flighters two weeks ago. They are good writers and attractive pens, buy your Ciselé is absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for the photos. How about a writing sample?

Yes , Frank C. Will post a writing sample sometime in daylight. Right now it is dark here . 8:27 pm.

Khan M. Ilyas

Yes , Frank C. Will post a writing sample sometime in daylight. Right now it is dark here . 8:27 pm.

Well, I just got up. It is 0900 here in overcast Las Vegas. I plan to get a gold nib Sonnet soon. Your post has helped me to settle on the Ciselé. They are $300 USD at my favorite fountain pen seller: nibs.com. John Mottishaw tunes all his nibs prior to selling them, so that is worth a slight premium in my opinion. They also have fantastic customer service. I have met most of the employees at the LA Pen show. I plan to get an extra fine nib. That way, I can easily use the pen at work.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

Well, I just got up. It is 0900 here in overcast Las Vegas. I plan to get a gold nib Sonnet soon. Your post has helped me to settle on the Ciselé. They are $300 USD at my favorite fountain pen seller: nibs.com. John Mottishaw tunes all his nibs prior to selling them, so that is worth a slight premium in my opinion. They also have fantastic customer service. I have met most of the employees at the LA Pen show. I plan to get an extra fine nib. That way, I can easily use the pen at work.

Well , it is 12 hours difference. It is now 2117 here. There it should be 0917. Dont know we are ahead or behind. Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Well , it 12 hours difference. It is now 2117 here. There it should be 0917. Dont know we are ahead or behind.

Looking down from above the North Pole, the Earth turns counter-clockwise, therefore Islamabad's sunrise is twelve hours ahead of Las Vegas'. The difference on the East Coast of the U.S. is nine hours.

Edited by Manalto

James

Looking down from above the North Pole, the Earth turns counter-clockwise, therefore Islamabad's sunrise is twelve hours ahead of Las Vegas'.

Yes , James. I knew but didn't want to say we are 'ahead' fearing it could trigger an unnecessary fight. Lol. How are you dear friend , James?

Khan M. Ilyas

Yes , James. I knew but didn't want to say we are 'ahead' fearing it could trigger an unnecessary fight. Lol. How are you dear friend , James?

Forgive me for being slow (one might even say behind); I now see the wisdom of your cautious wording.

Spring has finally decided to arrive in Southern New England, albeit with some reluctance. The therapeutic effect on people is noticeable today. I ran errands this morning (evening to you) and everyone seemed to be in good spirits. It's contagious. I hope all is well with you!

Edited by Manalto

James

Well , it is 12 hours difference. It is now 2117 here. There it should be 0917. Dont know we are ahead or behind.

I appreciate your diplomacy. I crossed the International Dateline once and lost a day of my life. I'm not sure which one, though. One thing that I do know is: Your Parker Sonnet Ciselé certainly arrived before mine.

(Edited to add the word, "Ciselé".)

Edited by Frank C

Looking down from above the North Pole, the Earth turns counter-clockwise, therefore Islamabad's sunrise is twelve hours ahead of Las Vegas'. The difference on the East Coast of the U.S. is nine hours.

How cold is it, when one is "Looking down from above the North Pole . . . "? Do you have a Parker Ciselé in your pocket? (Trying to get back on topic.)

How cold is it, when one is "Looking down from above the North Pole . . . "? Do you have a Parker Ciselé in your pocket? (Trying to get back on topic.)

Mission accomplished!

James

Reading this I had to pull out and ink up mine from 1997. Looking at the date code, I did not realize I bought it that log ago. I have never had any problems with mine and it writes beautifully - if only I could)

I love the weight and balance.

Edited by Charles Rice

I too am a Sonnet fan and treated myself to a Sonnet Ciselé late last year. I bought it from Amazon (which you would think would have the newest stuff) and the date code indicated it was 1st Quarter 1994. That's over 20 years old. I got the fine nib and it's a beautiful writer.

Edited by Ted F

Let us talk about the markings on the pen. Has any body among the owners of the pen succeeded in deciphering the little dots looking markings on the back of the cap of the pen (as shown in my photos) ?

Khan M. Ilyas