The Stone Mask Fountain Pen

Formally know as Moai Clip Pen discussed here is no longer a prototype. It is now an official product. It will be available in two surface finishes, polished (smooth) and unpolished (grainy). The quality of finish is excellent. Unlike most of the 3D printed products you see today, you can't tell this is a 3D printed unless someone tells you it is. It will be produced on demand base. Pleas check it out here. Thank you!

P.S. Finishing comparison photo added.

fpn_1429823224__moai_front3_800.jpg

fpn_1429823281__moai_side4_800.jpg

fpn_1429823444__moai_angle1_800.jpg

fpn_1429905285__smfp_finish600.jpg

Edited by 18111

I can't believe I'm making fountain pens! pen.18111.com

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrThoth

• JonSzanto

• mmg122

I love the clip, really unique. I would love to see how the 3d printed plastic felt in the hand.

OK, that's pretty darn cool looking. I may just have to place a pre-order.

It's frustrating to see so many cool-looking pens pictured that are labeled "Not For Sale," so I may have to inquire about the costs for custom orders too. ;)

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

I love the clip, really unique. I would love to see how the 3d printed plastic felt in the hand.

Thank you! It feels like a stone, not like a plastic.

OK, that's pretty darn cool looking. I may just have to place a pre-order.

It's frustrating to see so many cool-looking pens pictured that are labeled "Not For Sale," so I may have to inquire about the costs for custom orders too. ;)

Thank you! I'll be waiting for your order. :)

Very nice although I am not a fan of the clip. Would you consider offering a simpler version maybe with a simple clip or even just a stopper.

Unique. Love the design.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Very nice although I am not a fan of the clip. Would you consider offering a simpler version maybe with a simple clip or even just a stopper.

Thank you! I can make without clip if you'd like one. Do you have specific idea of a clip or stopper? Please pm me if you are interested in.

Unique. Love the design.

Thank you very much!

Order sent. ;)

Thank you very much!

Mine arrived today!! :)

I'm grad to hear that it arrived safely.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your interest! Remember, the introductory offer will end May 31, 2015

Damn. I'm not going to have money to throw at this for a while, but I think I know what my next pen is going to be. That's awesome. :thumbup:

Edited by NinthSphere

I got my Stone Mask pen in the mail just a couple days ago. It's much lighter in weight than I expected (which is just my own foolishness, since I knew the materials it was made out of, but the word "Stone" in the name can't help but make me think things :) ). It writes well and looks great; I have no doubt that it will attract plenty of comments once I take it out in public. ;)

Hopefully other pen designers will make equally creative use of 3D printing technology going forward.

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

I got my Stone Mask pen in the mail just a couple days ago. It's much lighter in weight than I expected (which is just my own foolishness, since I knew the materials it was made out of, but the word "Stone" in the name can't help but make me think things :) ). It writes well and looks great; I have no doubt that it will attract plenty of comments once I take it out in public. ;)

Hopefully other pen designers will make equally creative use of 3D printing technology going forward.

I'm grad that you like the pen. :) I have no doubt there will be more creative 3D printed pens coming soon or later.

Damn. I'm not going to have money to throw at this for a while, but I think I know what my next pen is going to be. That's awesome. :thumbup:

I'll give you same discount price if you mention that you posted this threads when you order in the future. :)

I saw this pen elsewhere and ordered one a couple of days ago from Mr. Nakama. This will be a big surprise at our local pen group, I am certain!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

I saw this pen elsewhere and ordered one a couple of days ago from Mr. Nakama. This will be a big surprise at our local pen group, I am certain!

Thank you Jon, your pen will ship in first week of Jun.