Waterman Ombres Et Lumières Limited Edition Video

The Blue Knight

I saw this on Watermans Website today. I know Goulet posted about this few weeks ago however it's the first I've seen of the video. I'm starting to think a Waterman Carene or perspective in this finish may be my next pen instead of another Diplomat or Parker. However I wish Newell Rubbermaid could put a similar effort into the Parker brand.

Hopefully amazon will offer it at a good price hoping no more than £70 for the perspective.

Edited by The Blue Knight

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• Maine Vintner

• The Blue Knight

• Flippy

Where's my flicking stubby brush...soon have one like that.

So your not a fan?

I think it looks a lot nicer then the blue obsession range.

• 1 year later...

So your not a fan?

I think it looks a lot nicer then the blue obsession range.

Completely (respectfully) disagree. The blue obsession range is striking, rich, and beautiful. The Ombres Et Lumeries series is kinda ugly. As if someone wrapped a regular waterman in printed paper

Completely (respectfully) disagree. The blue obsession range is striking, rich, and beautiful. The Ombres Et Lumeries series is kinda ugly. As if someone wrapped a regular waterman in printed paper

I guess it's a difference in taste. I do like blue pens however in my mind there was nothing out of the ordinary to class the obsession line as "special". There was beautiful art work commissioned by Dirk Dzimirsky to go along side the line however the pens took no inspiration from this. If they had done this effectively I'd buy one in a heart beat. However the Ombres Et Lumeries at least seemed as they were trying to experiment and were attempting to bring the brand forward.

I looked at the OEL in John Lewis today and it failed to excite me. Much of their display also failed to excite me.

BUT what did excite me was when looking at the expensive watches in the Goldsmiths a sales guy came out and approached me. I have looked before and been approached before but this guy was, well different. He was impeccably dressed (3 piece wool suit) he had a twirled up handle bar moustache and beard. He was the ultimate salesman, very polite, very attractive and not pushy at all and explained that they had certain watches on display inside. Now had I had the money I would have gone in an bought ANY watch...ohh gosh what am I saying. What's the time dear....

Maybe he should work on the pen counter in JL.

Force,

Are these shops in London? I'm headed there on business the week of the 27th.

Thanks.

John

Force,

Are these shops in London? I'm headed there on business the week of the 27th.

Thanks.

John

John Lewis have a number of shops across London (inside the M25) with Oxford Street & Cavendish Square in the centre.

Goldsmiths again have many shops across London with Oxford Street central.

Google both for precise directions.