Npiab.se Niklas Dahl - Any Recent Experience?

ville900

Hello,

Did anyone order recently from Niklas Dahl at npiab.se?

He used to be a very reputable pen dealer and I ordered from him several times with no problem, excellent service each time.

But this time, quite different.

On March 6, he sent out an email for clearance, saying that he had inks and pens left that he wanted to sell at discounted prices after having officially closed his store on Dec 31, 2014 (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/281427-npiab-closing-on-31st-of-december/).

On March 16, I ordered by email and sent out the payment via paypal, confirming the paypal payment reference to Niklas.

Since then, I have sent him 5 or 6 emails. He didn't answer any of them. That doesn't sound at all like the past customer experience I had with Niklas, not at all.

So I was wondering if anyone had gotten any news or if he's into some kind of trouble.

Should I claim some sort of thing from paypal if there's any insurance for purchases like that through paypal but outside of ebay?

Thanks for the clues you can offer as I'm really wondering what happens after more than one month for pretty simple order otherwise (and I had checked at the time and adjusted my order to products that were available on the shelf as it was a sale).

Edited by ville900

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ville900

• pen2paper

• mhguda

• visvamitra

Hi ville 900, I see and appreciate your frustration with lack of communication.

My positive report of business with Niklas, (in your link above), just a few times, was easy and with no errors.

To my surprise, the pen I had hoped to buy from Brian in Ohio was Nicklas's last remaining Edison, in exactly the color, and nib, so I leaped. This too was flawless.

It was my understanding at the time of that last pen sale that the business was winding to a final conclusion. (?) Perhaps are there still those who have contact with Niklas that could put you in contact with him back channel to resolve any lingering issues, including postal shipping snafu's.

I sincerely hope this resolves for you. My business contact with Nicklas,, while always online-overseas, was notably reliable.

I too have only positive experiences with Niklas. I bought ink from him several times, and the one problem ink I had he very quickly replaced, no questions asked.

I also bought a pen when he was winding down his business, it arrived in due time and is a very nice pen, it even came with two extra screw-in nib units. Communication also has always been easy and prompt, so this is surprising. Hopefully his email still works, but if he was winding down the business, maybe that email may not be functional any more?

However you can start a dispute on Paypal, within 45 days of your purchase. Paypal first sends an email to the seller and opens communication between the two of you; if you indicate the problem is resolved they take no further action but if not, they do and I think eventually you get your money back. I've had a few instances where that turned out to be necessary, happily not with pen people...

I hope you resolve your issue; please keep us in the loop about it...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Sadly I gave similar experience with Niklas as Ville900. His service was always flawless so when he's send the email about some last inks I've ordered seven. It's been around 40 days and I still haven't received the shipment and he's not answered my last two emails. I would appreciate any help - if someone around here stays in contact with him, I'd love to hear from him. I don't want to open paypal claim but soon I'll be forced to:/

Sad to hear that apparently his service is not as perfect as it once was. (I ordered a number of times, and things always went super-smoothly, even if extra communication was necessary).

On a positive note, I ordered some of the remaining inks on March 9, got a reply on March 10 (some were already gone), and received the usual green envelope about a week after that. So no complaints from my side (Admittedly, the email text from him was very short, and he didn't include a reply to some other question I asked, while normally we were exchanging a few extra words)

Hope to see this resolved for you,

uuh

(PM me for a business telephone number that was in one of his mails about 2 years ago)

Thanks for all the replies. Still no news from Niklas. It's all just so not like him in the past.

Anyway, apparently it looks like I might not be the only one. Maybe he has trouble winding down his business. That's very possible. But doesn't explain 40 days without a reply.

I'll try the phone number that u_u_h has and otherwise will open a PayPal dispute as the 45 days delay is now nearing.

I hope this finds a better conclusion before. First time I have to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

So far no news, so I will open a paypal complaint today.

Edited by ville900