Faber Castell Moss Green

amberleadavis

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Inklings/2015-Ink_0203.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Bo Bo Olson

• jmccarty3

• A144

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Inklings/2015-Ink_0228.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Glad you like it. The sheen is what makes it so cool.

Thanks for the review!

I actually just inked up a sample of this in my 580AL with Pendleton Butter Line Stub. I didn't see any sheen on Rhodia, I'll have too look again. I'm really liking it though... Like I need another bottle of green ink!

So many inks, so little time...

Can't have too much green ink.

Wow. This is a really nice color. Thanks for the review.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I enjoy this ink.

I was given a few packs of Faber Castell ink cartridges a while back, but I have not gotten round to trying them I might give it a run out in next weeks colour selection.

Too many pens,

Too many inks,

Not enough words to write.

Doodle. :)

Amber, that is a beautiful green. I like their blue, too.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

The pics of the blue make it seem chalky. What's your impression?

Doesn't seem that way to me. Just a nice dark blue.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 1 year later...

Could well be next week's buy, in I only have 11 bottles (and one Murphey's good days mistake of R&K's Verdura double order) of different green inks.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Bo Bo, 11 greens is simply not enough green ink. ;)

With in the hour I will drive down town, pick up this Graf Moss Green and Pelikan's new Dark Green.

It was the shading of Moss green that made it a winner, and that the new Pelikan ink has 'some' shading. I need something to top off my gift card.

For the first time I'll put the some of the Pelikan 4001 ink in in a different bottle to see if I can cut saturation and up shading.

I think it's hard to get shading with a saturated ink.

Unfortunately my pen shop on it's 130th year, only carries MB, The Pelikan ranges and Graf inks as far as I can recall.

Do remember 4001 Green is a very good Green-Green like R&K Verdura and MB Irish Green....rating just a slight tad behind them. It was the 4001 and it's shading that got me 'into' green inks. Just putting in a good word for the underdog. IMO a must have ink.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mission accomplished....well partially. No new Pelikan dark green.....when one wastes money buy swords, one can only expect cartridges of Pelikan Amethyst (being a year late :doh:)...do not...repeat....do not go to town, with Amethyst ink in one's mind. For 1/3 more than a regular 200 was the Amethyst 'demonstrator'.....sigh. I'm not really into clear demonstrators....I didn't have a need for any demonstrator at all. It's transparent enough to see the guts move around or how it was made if one wishes to look against the light. The 'silver' band at the piston has added class to the 200....in I don't chase 200's I don't know when they added that. :yikes: :gaah: :wallbash: That's within 25 euros of real top of the line vintage pens. Sigh, :happyberet: Money and I are passing strangers in the night. Now I know why.

I do like the 200's nib, enough to buy a 215. I had trans-mailed a hand full over a few years to a friend in England. But having so many vintage 400s and a semi-vintage one and matching springy true regular flex semi-vintage pens did not need a 200....not at all. I did not need a 200 :mellow: ....Amethyst in B. (So the cartridge of Amethyst went into one of my cartilage Celebrie.+ Looks like I'm going to have to look on The Bay for that ink.... :(

I tried matching color to color way back when I was a noobie....that didn't last than a day or so.

First off the shop seemed to have dropped the price of the Graf von Faber-Castell ink to 25 Euro down from the 27 that was in my mind. :thumbup: (Having checked another review...he got it 'new' for 25 but the mind's a tricky thing...and the less used the trickier it can be. :rolleyes: )

Yes, a good chunk of the price is the very pretty bottle. Same with any other pretty bottle ink.

One Does need an occasional pretty bottle, if the ink is worth it. Moss Green is worth it.

I pulled out some Avery 100g white paper, and it shades very well for dark green ink. It is not a shading machine, but has enough to make one's writing a bit interesting.

I had to check with one of the other reviews, to check how saturated it was. I didn't think it too saturated in it shaded. I was right.

A 200's nib or Celebry or '82-97 M400's nibs are 'true' regular flex and even B is not 'wet' or near as wet as a semi-flex. So I didn't see any sheen...That could well be a nib not wet enough or need a different paper.

Right now I am very satisfied with it.

I was much out of my normal upper price range for Ink....MB for @ 13 along with Edelstein @ the same. Moss Green does though have 75ml.

MB boot=60, MB ink of the year...= 35 ml

Edelstein =50ml.

My system for checking feathering or rough lines. Being OCD....using a thick 4"x3" 2.8x 7D/250 magnifying glass.....no using your 10 X loupe is cheating :angry: .

BEF---can see feathering while setting.

NEF= can see feathering or rough line when brought to the eye.

This Moss Green, had a real slight rough line there....not enough to down grade it. On an other paper (a sheet of that colored Aldi paper I sent you Amber, one of the better 80g papers I have run into.)...there was no rough line.

MagF....no feathering, a slight rough line...if one is not AR or OCD, no bother. A bit less on the other paper than the Avery 100g Laser. That is a Good ink, on a good paper. Worth buying again. Moss Green is worth buying again.

NoMagF= perfect, no feathering, perfectly clean line. Stockpile the ink and paper now,

Do write that down :angry: ....I'm sure I have at least one perfect paper and ink....I know I do..... :blush: Or was that two? :unsure:

I know I have it somewhere....but where?

Organization needs a 3-4 drawer file cabinet. A desk with six drawers at least.

Do have enough drawers in my double stacked wood file cabinet has one file drawer and 7 thin drawers (four nice one in the desk)......one needs at least two file drawers. :thumbup:

I do have filing experience; job wise. I had three filing cabinets all to my own...and could have had more had I needed them....but there is only so much one can do with just One File drawer. :(

Buy this G-F-C Moss Green. ;)

A lot better than wasting money on a lot of feathering Diamine Inks. :angry:

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 8 months later...