My Humble Pen Storage Box

subbu68

When my interest in FPs rekindled last year and pen population started growing I searched all known stationary shops in Abu Dhabi for a pen storage box. When FPs are rare except some Hero(331 and 332), Parker Vectors, sheaffers VFMs, low end Lamys what can one expect?!!

My search ended up in a value store (Daiso) that has many stuff for home and office. Rest in pics below.

17188188671_a65674ba27_c.jpgUntitled by subbu68, on Flickr

A5 size storage box for CDs etc.

16568591543_318b822087_c.jpg by subbu68, on Flickr

A4 size card cut into two, fan folded and stuck the two pieces together to form separators for pens

17188182491_b98f7504c1_c.jpg by subbu68, on Flickr

now my pens are somewhat protected from dust (fine sand from desert)

Cost is $2

Regards

Subramoniam

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mhguda

• subbu68

• hari317

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea. And the best thing about it: it's stackable! for when your collection, inevitably, grows.

Here is a suggestion for an addition that could make it even nicer (though not cheaper): in some hobby/handicraft stores you can find A4-size thin felt mats, handle almost like paper or thick card stock. If you use those the insert will provide a soft bottom for the pens to lie on and be easier (hopefully!) on your eyes. In my cigar boxes I also put microfiber cloths cut to size for the same reason.

Nice collection!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Great idea. And the best thing about it: it's stackable! for when your collection, inevitably, grows.

Here is a suggestion for an addition that could make it even nicer (though not cheaper): in some hobby/handicraft stores you can find A4-size thin felt mats, handle almost like paper or thick card stock. If you use those the insert will provide a soft bottom for the pens to lie on and be easier (hopefully!) on your eyes. In my cigar boxes I also put microfiber cloths cut to size for the same reason.

Nice collection!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Yes, it is stackable and can be stored with pens in vertical position by making it stand up against a book end.

My 13 yr old daughter's craft box might have some felt mats. Even she need to make her pen box (she has more pens than me - every exam season she gets one or two FPs). got her 2 above boxes.

Regards

Subramoniam

:) Good guess on my part - that you'd need more than one box...

Nice that you share your passion for pens with your daughter!

:) Good guess on my part - that you'd need more than one box...

Nice that you share your passion for pens with your daughter!

She is the only one in her class or may be school with Lamys( abc,Al Star, Safari), Camlins (Trinity, Elegante, ED & 47), Pelikans Reynolds, Pilot ED, Mapeds, AIRMAIL 69T LONG ( like the one near my Pilot MR above) , calligraphy pens and few others. She mixes inks for writing her project charts. She said the other day only she uses a FP and all others are 'Gel kids'.

It doesn't cost more than $1 (Gel or BP) to loose a good handwriting and also does not cost too much to improve it. We chose the latter :) :) . My wife too encourages use of FPs.

Edited by subbu68

Regards

Subramoniam

I hope she keeps her positive view of fountain pens as she grows, too. Even if peer pressure pushes her in the direction of gel pens... Fountain pens are easy to come back to, after all. And it may never become an issue - I myself kept the habit all through my school days, college days, and professional years, perhaps not always exclusively but FPs were always my preferred writing implement.

Is that a maroon Camlin SD I spy in your box? If so, we have at least one pen in common, probably more. I have a number of Walitys, a Camlin Elegante, and two Trinitys, and the Pilots look familiar. No Lamys, Reynolds, or Mapeds though.

Is that a maroon Camlin SD I spy in your box? If so, we have at least one pen in common, probably more. I have a number of Walitys, a Camlin Elegante, and two Trinitys, and the Pilots look familiar. No Lamys, Reynolds, or Mapeds though.

Yes it is indeed Camlin SD. My collection does not have Mapeds, they are with my daughter. Now my two boxes updated.

17008184829_1e1d610784_c.jpg

Untitled by subbu68, on Flickr

Pink Box - pens used regularly

Pilots

Elite 95S - M

Pilot ED - 2 (F and M)

Celemo M

MR (M)

Airmail 69T Long

Wality 71JT

Camlin SD Fine

Lamy Studio (F)

Lamy st (F)

Parker 45 (M - ground to near F)

Camlin 47

Parker Vector (M made to F)

Blue Box - Pens at rest

Creeks n Creeks - Traditional (what it means ??)

Pilot - Birdie M

Reynolds - Accent?

Hero 343?

Weng Rong minipen

Parker Frontier Matt Black - F

Camlin cartidge

Hero 360 degree (no use)

Sheaffers - model ??

BPs and RBs

Cross - Morph (13 yrs old still working)

Parker Jotter (13 yrs or more)

Parker Vector Roller Ball

Lamy Noto - that introducned me to Lamy.

Regards

Subramoniam

Nice pens. Thanks for sharing, and the identification! I'm wondering what problem you have with the Hero 360? If that is what I think it is, a pen you can write with both sides of the nib, and it has an over- and underfeed, with a different nib width depending how you hold it?, I have several and all are nice enough writers. Real nice looking too, and so I've given quite a few away and introduced people to the idea of "interesting" fountain pens... Why do you say no use?