Free Leather Journal From Renaissance Art

liden99

Dear Members,

Please accept my sincere apology if I am posting in an inappropriate forum in advance.

www.freeleatherjournal.com

I have been a big fan of Renaissance Art for leather journal covers and now my shoulder bag. Now, the meister and owner Arthur is giving leather journals for free to those who have never used his shop. Please do not miss this precious chance! Probably you will need to pay a shipping fee, but it will be worth to do.

Edited by liden99

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackhorse

• AAAndrew

• Ghost Plane

• graystranger

Thank you for this posting! I visited the web site, wonderful notebooks and paper refills. I just put in for my freebie. I ended up adding extra notebook refills. And you pay a $9.94 S&H charge. But you get a $34.95 discount - the price of this wonderful passport sized handmade leather journal with one refill. I am delighted with this and thank you so much for posting this on FPN.

Eschew Sesquipedalian Obfuscation

I also just ordered one, along with a pack of 3 refills. I am excited to receive the journal. Thanks for posting this offer!

I have one of these from Arthur and they are extremely nice.

I own many of his journal covers and other items and they are superb!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

Thank you for this posting! I visited the web site, wonderful notebooks and paper refills. I just put in for my freebie. I ended up adding extra notebook refills. And you pay a $9.94 S&H charge. But you get a $34.95 discount - the price of this wonderful passport sized handmade leather journal with one refill. I am delighted with this and thank you so much for posting this on FPN.

I also just ordered one, along with a pack of 3 refills. I am excited to receive the journal. Thanks for posting this offer!

I am glad to hear that you are happy! May all merits go for his 4-month-early-born grand child, the Agent of Change's long life and wellness!

Everyone, when we get out new Renaissance Art notebooks, let's share some photos and descriptions. I'm excited about this.

I got an email from Arthur as soon as I placed my order with Renaissance Art. I emailed him back telling him how much I liked it and the other items on his web site. Got an email back an hour later. If I didn't know he was not in Virginia and what his name was, I would have thought I'd ordered something from Brian Goulet! The products are truly beautiful and practical, well thought out designs. Especially for people who love the classic designs from the last several hundred years, AKA timeless.

Hopefully by the end of next week I will be posting photos and giving my review here.

Thank you for sharing! I just ordered mine. I need a passport size! Great deal! Thanks

Getting one too !! Great products - this will probably encourage me to buy something else from them.

Got mine as well with some refills---thanks for the pointer.

I love to support small businesses in the US that are about delivering quality products, and this fits the bill.

If I like the little journal, they'll probably get more orders---which I'm sure is their plan.

They have covers for Circa/ARC notebooks which I use a lot and which are priced competitively with Levengers.

-Otter1

My handmade Renaissance Art leather journal came today, along with a pack of 3 refills. Wow, am I impressed. Here are some photos.post-106621-0-44423100-1430168329_thumb.jpg

I am so impressed with the quality and design. Just wonderful, better than the excellent photos on Renaissance Art's web site when you see it in person.

post-106621-0-30060600-1430168352_thumb.jpg

I just love the design, wonderful knot work to provide friction for the attachment cords. One side of the loop tightens or loosens one refill, the other side tightens and loosens the second refill. The bead is from Africa, looks like bone or horn to me. Distinctive, perfect.

post-106621-0-47354700-1430168370_thumb.jpg

This is the back of the journal, with one of my pens for reference.

post-106621-0-88436400-1430168409_thumb.jpg

Close up detail of the knot work.

post-106621-0-70152300-1430168433_thumb.jpg

Back of the journal, opened, with two refills. I did not know it came with a pocket on the inside of each cover.

post-106621-0-54656500-1430168456_thumb.jpg

Journal opened showing front and back faces. Leather is so soft, thick, will last a lifetime. Has great character.

post-106621-0-71067500-1430168481_thumb.jpg

"Arches" watermark on the paper. Not all refills have them, depends on where the sheets were cut from. Wonderful paper. Have not written on it yet but it is heavy. The journal and paper could be 500 years old!!

post-106621-0-26458500-1430168509_thumb.jpg

Closeup shot of the edges of the paper in the inserts. Right out of a museum.

post-106621-0-67510500-1430168534_thumb.jpg

The lovely cloth bag that the refills came in. Can be used to hold the journal too.

post-106621-0-24082400-1430168557_thumb.jpg

The spine of one of the insert refills. Stitched through. A cloth cover for front and back.

post-106621-0-61291400-1430168580_thumb.jpg

Closeup of the inside spine of the journal showing how the knot work is attached to the draw string. Both refills are secured in the journal at the bottom of the image.

post-106621-0-93506900-1430168618_thumb.jpg

Another close up of the knot work and the draw string with the bead. Superb design, no way an insert will come out. Arthur has a video on his web page showing how to insert and remove the refills.

I have to say I am overwhelmed with the journal. I will be purchasing more of his products. When I see the design, quality, workmanship, materials used I no longer think these are expensive, not for what you get. Thank you so much liden99 for your posting. I would probably never have found this wonderful journal if you had not posted on FPN.

Now - what do I write in it? Certainly not the mundane things I put in my Midori Passport Traveler's Notebook!! Rainfall for the day, routine notes. Can anyone help me from this writer's block!! If you even think you might want one of these, don't hesitate. Even without the free offer, this is a wonderful journal.

http://www.freeleatherjournal.com/

Edited by graystranger

Thank you so much, graystranger! I already nabbed one before I read your post, but it convinced me that I made the right choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and got this as well and mine arrived this past weekend. It is quite nice, and I like the pockets inside the front and back cover. Very nice leather that will age beautifully. I only wish I could change out the bead in mine, but otherwise it's great. I've started to just record the mundane facts of the day that graystranger didn't want to record in his.

I'm already looking to make my own notebooks. Should be pretty easy. I found a paper cutter and extra long stapler at my office so all I need is to make myself some templates and have at it.

Now that I have this, I really want one of the bags. But then, I have a feeling that was somewhat the idea of his giving these away for only shipping. (essentially $10).

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I just got mine.

The leather is very beautiful and will age wonderfully.

I too like the inside pockets, eventhough I think the cover has not enough material to allow 2 books and papers without the leather to be smaller than the booklets inside. I hope it is clear. :blush:

I only hope they hadn't put blue thread and a blue bead :( on mine - I would have prefered a thread with a color closer to the leather's one, and a coordonated bead.

Overall it is a nice item though, and I thank the makers, and Liden99 for the opportunity of owning one.

Edited by fountainpagan

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

You bet!!

And proud of it! :bunny01:

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne