146 - Does The Blind Cap Come Off Entirely?

StrawberryJam

Montblanc experts -- I understand that the 146 is a piston filler model, so I am a bit puzzled by this ebay listing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/151652457746?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

In one of the pictures, it shows the blind cap being unscrewed entirely and what looks like a captured converter twist mechanism underneath. Is that correct for the 146 models, which I thought were piston fillers?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• StrawberryJam

• niksch

• karmakoda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Montblanc experts -- I understand that the 146 is a piston filler model, so I am a bit puzzled by this ebay listing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/151652457746?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

In one of the pictures, it shows the blind cap being unscrewed entirely and what looks like a captured converter twist mechanism underneath. Is that correct for the 146 models, which I thought were piston fillers?

Look at the other expletive they are selling..is any of it real at them price points....Could be...Blind cap all wrong

And No the blind cap should Not....

Wow! a submariner at five franklins...But I could be wrong

{happy smilelyfacetime}

Fred

Edited by Freddy

Sophisticated fakes though, the luminescent dot in the triangle at the top of the "Submariner" bezel is slightly too small, the bezel notches look a bit sharp, and the chronometer, swiss made font is wrong, but the casual viewer could be swindled.

The pen is also a very convincing replica.

Disappointing to see the fakes getting better, Montblanc has a challenge ahead.

definitely a fake, the emblem on the bag has pointy and looks like a star proper instead of the rounded ones, the lettering on the box is also odd, and no, a blind cap does not come off a 146, indeed seems to be a pretty good fake, the nib doesn't look fake

Interesting how almost all the nib shots are fuzzy. And yup, fake as fake can be.

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

Interesting fake.

Probably very plausible to many people, unfamiliar with original pens.

146 dimensions captured well.

I imagine piston-fill fakes may be just around the corner.

But - look at all the bags and boxes and paperwork you get with it. All pretty stuff.

Winner of this auction gets the pen they deserve?

the nib doesn't look fake

I don't know... The proportions doesn't look right to me. The shoulder looks a bit narrow, IMHO. Even though the nib engravings look much better than the other fakes around on E-bay or MercadoLivre (a brazilian auction site where counterfeits are abundant).

Could this be a reengineered 147? Meaning, that a 147 was modified to accept an internal filler, and the cartridge assembly of a 147 was modified to fit around the inserted filler? I don't have a 147 to compare, but it all looks somewhat familiar.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Thanks, everyone, for their expert eyes and feedback. Looks like the ebay listing has been pulled, which is good as well.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

This listing has now been removed by ebay. I think that answers all questions.

Peter

Who was the seller?

The names will change but the pattern will remain. A relatively new seller with feedback showing a bunch of low value sales and then one mass of high value items.

Those pens are back up on eBay now.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Those pens are back up on eBay now.

THEY ARE! Here is the new listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Montblanc-Meisterstuck-No-146-Gold-Nib-Fountain-Pen-USED-/151654053919?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234f49381f

Someone asked if anyone had saved pictures from the first time for comparison purposes:

post-105279-0-99611300-1429406329_thumb.jpeg

post-105279-0-34583900-1429406337_thumb.jpeg

post-105279-0-47543100-1429406344_thumb.jpeg

post-105279-0-48982000-1429406350_thumb.jpeg

post-105279-0-81459900-1429406360_thumb.jpeg

post-105279-0-07257700-1429406367_thumb.jpeg

post-105279-0-30558300-1429406373_thumb.jpeg

post-105279-0-00067700-1429406381_thumb.jpeg

post-105279-0-59150700-1429406388_thumb.jpgMontblanc Meisterstuck No 146 Gold Fountain Pen Used _ eBay.pdf

Current Wishlist: