My Sketch Dump

TeaHive

I hardly ever do "refined" artwork anymore, but I do doodle and sketch often. I think I prefer the rough nature of sketch-work, actually. At any rate, I thought I might start a thread to host my pen doodlings. :D The best part of making art is the sharing of art, after all!

Various fountain pens, various inks. Noodler's Ahab, Nib Creaper, Pilot Penmanship, Lamy... Rouille d'Ancre, Sailor Miruai, Noodler's Squeteague, a custom Iroshizuku blend.. Too many to remember.

f1f7c8cf53a4717113d3e91a9c96e956.jpg

Pilot Penmanship and a custom Pilot ink blend made by mixing a bunch of the cartridges from the Pilot Petits I bought.

a524761af5e7b643b42a2aa5e63d356e.jpg

Esterbrook 358 nib in a Noodler's Ahab, Diamine Salamander

044bfe8d2996c1ae2baaaf9669702910.jpg

Edited by TeaHive

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Sailor Kenshin

• Tas

• fountainpagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look like fun to me.

Sometimes I just like to let the hand and fingers do what they want. I never know what will appear on the page. My problem is that as soon as something starts taking shape, the head wants to take over.

Love doodles and doodling. The second sketch of the gal... very expressive.

Looking forward to watching this thread grow.

Edited by foamy

I'm a big fan of mindless doodling. But like you said, the mind tends to interfere sometimes. Now and then you just have to give up and let it do what it wants--sometimes you end up with something horridly overworked, and sometimes things go well.

I'll keep adding as I keep creating!

Daler-Rowney Earthbound. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Cachet-Earthbound-Sketch-Books-11/dp/B0015MCNF2

I don't remember it being even CLOSE to that price when I got it. I think I picked mine up at a Wal-Mart many moons ago.

Daler-Rowney. Wow, that takes me back. But yeah...the price.

I am currently working my way through a totally-horrible-for-fountain-pens comp notebook I call The Daily Blarf. Because, you know, I had it. It was there.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Very cool! I always admire those of you who can make random-seeming doodles look like art... my brain doesn't work that way and I can't even come up with stuff like that!

Edited by Katharine

Gosh, another talented FPN member! Love the work TeaHive. Is there no end to your creative talents!

Sailor Kenshin, please, you do not need to be brave to post some of your work. I put some scribblings of my own on another thread, and I am terrible with a pencil. Nobody laughed, and there was some good encouraging advice.

Thanks all! I sure hope there's no end to my creative talents.. ;) Actually, I can name some things I DON'T do: metalwork, woodwork, glasswork.. I have done stone carving on a very small scale, but eh.. Things that involve paper, however, including the making OF paper, I'm all about! I've been practicing the ways of drawing since I was five, drawing non-stick horsies and such. 23 years later, and I'm only starting to get pleased with my creations. Maybe in another 20 years, I'll be somewhat accomplished. :P

"Talent" only takes one so far. Hard work, or just a desire to have fun, is most important.

Bringing you your daily creative motivation. Sketch on!

Nice! I like it!

I should doodle more - and use more colors. I do have colors, you know (I'm talking to myself).

Thanks for the inspiration!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Love the fishy :lticaptd:

+1 on that. :lol:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Somehow, I lost a notification that this thread was updated in the tidal wave of notifications I received while away at a wedding. Whew!!

Looking good, Kenshin! Doodling is the best way to test out new ink/pen combos. Or just new inks and new pens. >_>

Thanks! I used to be capable of things like this. With a crow quill. And brush.

17032405507_a1f5904f0f_c.jpg

17032400717_ab8492173c_c.jpg

I reaaalllyyyy need to get back into it.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I hardly ever do "refined" artwork anymore, but I do doodle and sketch often. I think I prefer the rough nature of sketch-work, actually. At any rate, I thought I might start a thread to host my pen doodlings. :D The best part of making art is the sharing of art, after all!

Various fountain pens, various inks. Noodler's Ahab, Nib Creaper, Pilot Penmanship, Lamy... Rouille d'Ancre, Sailor Miruai, Noodler's Squeteague, a custom Iroshizuku blend.. Too many to remember.

f1f7c8cf53a4717113d3e91a9c96e956.jpg

This reminds me of beautiful old Chinese silk embroidery.

Your work is lovely!