Any Thoughts On The New Poa Pavarotti?

Hector67

Still undecided about it. I am invited to take a look at it at the MB boutique on Saturday.

Has anyone seen it in person? Is it better than pictures?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hector67

• Ellison

• A1979

• delano

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not seen it in person, but I am not excited by the design. For me the interesting part is the piston cone, and that is not a good sign when that is the best part of the pen. To each his/her own I suppose.

It is interesting to note that the piston cone is the first and last image they leave you with in the little take home brochure. Maybe MB feels the same about the design as I do? :D

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Thanks Zaddick. What doesn't convince me is all those colors going on. And then again, a plastic black cap in a lacquer pen? I don't know...

I saw it in person and absolutely loved it, I didn't hold it or anything just went around a few boutiques and looked, although I did order one with my local boutique seeing as it was significantly cheaper. (Went overseas)

Does anyone know the price range for Pavarotti? I am about 100 miles from the nearest boutique so I haven't gotten a chance to see one in person unfortunately :(

Does anyone know the price range for Pavarotti? I am about 100 miles from the nearest boutique so I haven't gotten a chance to see one in person unfortunately :(

The 4810 series in Mexico is $2,700 USD. If the 888 series is in accordance to last years, it will run at around $8,500 USD. Will confirm on monday once I´ve stopped by he boutique.

The 888 seems way too busy while the 4810 series seems too disjointed and with no overall design; more like a high school art class project.

My Website

post-117169-0-53681000-1429214288_thumb.jpgpost-117169-0-29429900-1429214294_thumb.jpg

Couldn´t hold my horses and stopped by the MB boutique today between meetings. The result... well, the pen is indeed much much better looking in person. The good people at MB ordered me a a pen in F nib for me since they placed the original batch. Well , the pen is totally worth it...

post-117169-0-12209800-1429214290_thumb.jpg

post-117169-0-40023400-1429214291_thumb.jpg

post-117169-0-73578500-1429214292_thumb.jpg

Congratulations, Hector67, on your new POA purchase. I am looking forward to seeing this pen at a MB Boutique soon.

I'm sorry to raise a dissonant note but the original poster solicited opinions, so here are mine (sure to be unpopular): the design is derivative, the embellishments are garish and the price is outrageous.

Garish? Maybe the Stallone montegrappa with the skulls.

Saw and held the Pavarotti in person last week at the boutique. Niiiice!

Love the feel of the way the cap closes. Pictures dont do it justice. Its a beautiful pen. Congrats.

Edited by max dog

I'm sorry to raise a dissonant note but the original poster solicited opinions, so here are mine (sure to be unpopular): the design is derivative, the embellishments are garish

Got the same impression when looking at the pictures (I find the red part "cheap"), but probably / hopefully it looks much better in reality.

Seems like too much is going on. I will, however, view it at my local Montblanc boutique. I recall thinking Defoe looked very odd, but it's really far better in person!

Got the same impression when looking at the pictures (I find the red part "cheap"), but probably / hopefully it looks much better in reality.

I was not sure by looking at the pictures. When I saw it in person I was impressed. The finish on the entire pen is outstanding and elegant. The lacquer gives a special depth on the white cap and specially the red part. The only thing that could be improved and would have made the pen and absolute favorite is the black resin cap and resin star.

I was not sure by looking at the pictures. When I saw it in person I was impressed. The finish on the entire pen is outstanding and elegant. The lacquer gives a special depth on the white cap and specially the red part. The only thing that could be improved and would have made the pen and absolute favorite is the black resin cap and resin star.

Interesting. Thank you.

I saw one at the local MB store. It was a little to gaudy for me. I left with a 90th Anniversary 149.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

• 3 weeks later...

Some people only want the boring black MBs but I absolutely love this pen!

I am hoping to get my in the next few weeks, yes it takes longer when you live 500miles from nowhere!

I think we have here the natural consequence of running out of creativity while still having the desire to be distinctive.

I think we have here the natural consequence of running out of creativity while still having the desire to be distinctive.

Wow, have to scribble that one down, applicable to so much of current cultural expression...