Fisher Of Pens - New Pocket Sized Pen Offering

Carl Fisher - F3 Pens

I've done a few of these in the past and decided to add them to my lineup full time. This is a pocket sized pen that as of right now does not have an official model name but I wanted to share.

Nib options: #5 sized nib available in Extra Fine, Fine, Medium, Bold, 1.1 Italic and 1.4 Italic. As always custom grinds are available on request.

Length capped: 104.3mm
Length uncapped: 96mm
Length posted: 134.5mm
Body diameter: 12.3mm
Cap diameter: 14.1mm
Nib: #5 steel
Filler: International cartridge or short converter
Postable: Threaded post

Pricing starts at $150 for the base model and goes up depending on options and material selection.

post-85626-0-71704700-1429055518_thumb.jpg

post-85626-0-17491300-1429055525_thumb.jpg

post-85626-0-41681100-1429055532_thumb.jpg

post-85626-0-83556800-1429055539_thumb.jpg

post-85626-0-21300600-1429055546_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher - Owner and chief artisan at F3 Pens

https://bio.site/f3pens

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carl Fisher - F3 Pens

• JonSzanto

• sidthecat

• Scriptorium Pens

Ultra-bonus points for threading the butt of the barrel for secure posting - nicely done!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Nice design, Carl!

Ultra-bonus points for threading the butt of the barrel for secure posting - nicely done!

I figured since the cap is actually meant to lend to the use of the pen by adding length, I wanted it to be threaded. Just a press on posting wouldn't have been quite as secure as I'd like.

Edited by Carl Fisher

I figured since the cap is actually meant to lend to the use of the pen by adding length, I wanted it to be threaded. Just a press on posting wouldn't have been quite as secure as I'd like.

But, you see, that is the great part: that you realized it!

A couple of years ago, I went in on a group buy for an FPN LE pen from Stipula, and I opted for the Passaporto. Great, tiny little pen, and the cap - which absolutely must be posted - threads on the end of the barrel. A year or two later, I saw one in a complimentary color pop up on eBay and picked it up.

Guess what? No threads.

Turns out that the FPN model was made to spec, and one of the things asked for was the threads. This other, newer version only worked for a short time, until the cap and barrel loosened up enough that it wouldn't stay posted. The *only* way to make it work was a piece of clear tape to add dimension to the end of the barrel, and that... well, that sucks.

So good on you for making it right the first time.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

But, you see, that is the great part: that you realized it!

A couple of years ago, I went in on a group buy for an FPN LE pen from Stipula, and I opted for the Passaporto. Great, tiny little pen, and the cap - which absolutely must be posted - threads on the end of the barrel. A year or two later, I saw one in a complimentary color pop up on eBay and picked it up.

Guess what? No threads.

Turns out that the FPN model was made to spec, and one of the things asked for was the threads. This other, newer version only worked for a short time, until the cap and barrel loosened up enough that it wouldn't stay posted. The *only* way to make it work was a piece of clear tape to add dimension to the end of the barrel, and that... well, that sucks.

So good on you for making it right the first time.

That's great information actually. Knowing what problems exist leads to improved design options. I typically wont' thread my full sized pens for posting because the cap isn't meant to be structural at that point.

• 2 months later...

I'd dearly love to see it in a ringtop. They're actually useful since I don't wear shits with pockets.

I would like one of those... :)

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

sidthecat, when you say ring top do you mean a simple trim band with no clip? That can be arranged.

GordonOZ, drop me a PM and I can work with you on material selection and any other customization you might want to make one uniquely yours.

Exactly, Carl. It surprises me how thoroughly they've gone out of fashion, except for that tendency they have to unscrew themselves and disappear.