Tomoe River In Uk At Last

Cushy Butterfield

Cult Pens (who I'm an enthusiastic fan of) now stock Tomoe River A4 either as pads of 100 sheets @ £32.75 or loose 100 sheets @ £18.75. Available blank only, white or cream.

This is expensive but for those of us who've been buying from US and had to factor in massive post and sometimes customs costs, the price doesn't seem as bad. Also, if it takes off who's to say who won't jump on the band wagon and drive the price down.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• migo984

• GatzBcn

• Chrissy

• Morbus Curiositas

Yikes! That's VERY expensive. It's been mentioned on FPG that a stationery shop in London now. sells pads of 100 sheets for £25, and there are FPG/FPN members who sell Tomoe to other members in the UK for much less than that crazy CultPens price.

The best way is still to get together with others & do a group buy. Paper is currently around Yen 9800 for 4000 sheets from Rakuten. Even with the big shipping charges it only came to about £7 per 100 sheets last time I did a bulk order (Jan 2014).

Verba volant, scripta manent

There used to be an esty vendor in the UK that sold it, but I can't locate them :(

Edited by webgeckos

Very pricey! A member on here sells pads of it much more cheaply and he's based in the UK. For the life of me I can't remember his username but very pleasant and efficient to deal with.

£18.75 is pricey but not stratospheric compared with 100 A4 sheets of Lalo or Crane.

On the other hand, I'm trying to figure out why a pad is nearly twice the price. Unless each sheet is gummed individually to the spine...

£18.75 is pricey but not stratospheric compared with 100 A4 sheets of Lalo or Crane.

On the other hand, I'm trying to figure out why a pad is nearly twice the price. Unless each sheet is gummed individually to the spine...

I must admit that I was shocked to see that vast price difference between the loose paper and the pads

Very expensive....

I wrote LCC about this paper...

Maybe they can sell at nomal prices....

I once read a price of only 9 dollar cent a sheet

that is only $ 9 dollar that is only GBP 6,15 or € 8,50

A THIRD OF THE PRICE!!!

Regards,

Peter

Good thing that Rip Offs are not capital crimes... Otherwise we should send the RAF over ;)

Edited by Morbus Curiositas

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

That is very expensive. I bought once from a member here who was located in France, and it was 13€/100 sheets, that would be roughly GBP 10, not 18!!! If someone is interested, I will look for the contact.

I think you might mean harrietthespy?

Oh Cult Pens, love you madly even if you are in Devon, but surely you jest?

...using adhesives created from the gum of the only surviving example of the Yu-hoo tree, growing at the foot of Mt. Fuji and collected by sixth generation monks.

...using adhesives created from the gum of the only surviving example of the Yu-hoo tree, growing at the foot of Mt. Fuji and collected by sixth generation monks.

LOL :-)

Cult prices are excellent accross the board. Don't forget that the prices quoted include UK first class postage. The paper is available on eBay for around £13 for 100 sheets (not listed at present) or £30 for 300. But that seller does not have to factor in the overheads of a retailer holding a large range of items

This is a niche item and bless them for stocking it, says I.

That said, 500 sheets of Q-Connect Bank paper can be had for around £7.50. Not quite the smoothness of Tomoe but sharing most of the other qualities which makes it a bargain.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

My exams are over and I now have the full range back on offer. £10.50 for 100 loose sheets, and £12.50 for one 100 sheet pad.

I also have 200 and 300 sheet options, with a two and three pad options which are a bit cheaper on a per sheet basis. Contact me for details..