Visconti Divinia Proporzione

Trevor_R

Hello pen fans,

My name is Trevor. I'm a pen novice so please forgive my beginner questions.

I inherited this set from my father and I don't know too much about it. I've been told (on another forum) that the pen is a first edition Visconti silver pen of the Divinia Proporzione line, no. 640 of a numbered edition of 1618.

Can anyone suggest a fair resale value of this set? I've been told the outer box would increase value but there is nothing more to this set than what's in the photos. Also I've been told that the original outer bag was burgundy in color, but I'm quite sure my dad would never have replaced the bag. Is blue also correct for some sets?

The entire set is 100% unused.

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

post-121965-0-45357700-1428786714_thumb.jpg

post-121965-0-52224500-1428786716_thumb.jpg

post-121965-0-08352400-1428786718_thumb.jpg

post-121965-0-38019200-1428786719_thumb.jpg

post-121965-0-76248800-1428786720_thumb.jpg

post-121965-0-63157800-1428786721_thumb.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trevor_R

• wspohn

• bernardo

• Barkingpig

I think I remember the original retail being $1618 but remember buying mine for around $1000. Not sure of the going rate in today's dollars.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Why would you sell this? If I got something like that from my Mom (don't have a dad) I would cherish it...no matter how much I could sell it for.

flipper, thank you very much for that estimate and for your time.

prig, how nice that you have fond memories of your mother but you really can't judge my situation without knowing it.

OP, there is an ebay listing that just went up today that has the same photos as what you have posted in this thread. Is it your listing, by chance?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

Hi Strawberry,

Thanks for your question.

Yep, that's my listing.

I used Pakman's estimate of value to arrive at a starting bid that I thought was fair -- gives someone a chance for a bargain and simultaneously ensures that I'll get something out of the sale.

Why do you ask? Do you think I'd have better luck selling here on the forum with a fixed price?

Edited by Trevor_R

I wish you success with the auction for your pen.

I have sold many things that were inherited from my family as I prefer to surround myself with things of my choosing. I am sentimental about things that are of little value & as I was supporting myself as an antique dealer before my Parent's died I am sure they would not be surprised. In fact my Mother said as much & simply said she hoped I got "good prices" for what I chose to sell. In fact I imagine she would be pleased if she knew I sold one of her Sheaffer Snorkle Autograph sets which had been a gift to her." With two sets & neither possessing the nib of my choice I was happy to keep the set of lesser value (it is missing it's respective pencil.) But as my Father's set ( in the same color) is missing the fountain pen I am left with a set bearing each of their signatures. Sometimes "things are JUST things."

Enjoy the proceeds from the sale of the pen.

Hi Barking,

Thanks very much for your post. This pen, as beautiful as it is, didn't mean a lot to my dad. He received it as a gift from a grateful patient and gave it to me quite literally the same day. So I don't see the point of cherishing a large box with a $1000 pen in my 450 sq ft. Manhattan apartment when someone else -- someone who loves pens or collects Viscontis or studies the golden ratio or whatever else -- can really enjoy this set.

I hope it goes to someone for a good price who loves it.

Thank you to all who posted and helped me so far. Much appreciated :thumbup:

Hi Bill,

Sounds like a good deal! Congrats.

Mine is not showing much movement on eBay, so someone may get lucky.

Thanks for adding your post.

Be patient. Often the last seconds of auctions are where they take off. That's when all the computerized snipes suddenly clock in and you see bids leap by hundreds.