• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gizumi

• Cyber6

• tinkerteacher

• sakayume

Absolutely. Some of the best nibs on the market...

I'm not the biggest fan of Hello Kitty but those are seriously making me consider giving in to it. Those nibs are wonderful! Do they live up to the good name of Sailor, too?

Too many pens; too little writing.

I just found the pen you're talking about.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YCX_bC8ZMas/VQVU25bUK2I/AAAAAAAATtc/ZiueMZAXAHk/s1600/08_mini.jpg

IT'S SO MUCH MONEY ON EBAY but I've decided that I need this pen. So badly. Was it only just released?!

That really is a amazing. If my daughter was just a little bit older...

Too many pens; too little writing.

Do you have to limit yourself to choice of pens to get 'cute'?

In a fit of madness I loaded a Lamy violet cartridge into a poor, inoffensive white Safari. I've just written a scribble to remind myself of what the combination looks like and I'm still screaming inside ...

Not cute with decoration, but I think a Kaweco Sport pen is cute in its form; it's pocket-sized and compact. I think it comes in one or two "girly" colors.

It's also a good writer. I have a black one.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Maybe a Sailor Clear Candy? (Though I have both the Clear Candy and Kakuno, and I think the Kakuno is the better choice.)

I really like the Line x Safari (mainly for the cute bear clips! :D), but the price not so much.

Candide, thank you for the suggestion! I looked up Sailor Clear Candies and they have some really cute limited edition ones.

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/hunnyhunt/cabinet/sailor/candy-dot3.jpg

Looking around, I found some on Global Rakuten and ordered the red ladybug and yellow cat - hopefully it will go through and I'll receive it maybe next month... But look at that cat!! It will be so worth it.

Do you have to limit yourself to choice of pens to get 'cute'?

In a fit of madness I loaded a Lamy violet cartridge into a poor, inoffensive white Safari. I've just written a scribble to remind myself of what the combination looks like and I'm still screaming inside ...

I didn't think too much about the ink combination! I have some very muted inks at the moment, but at some point I'm going to research and splurge and get some really unique bright colors. Do you mind showing me what your violet+white looks like? :D

Just do a Google search for "Kawaii" and "Fountain Pen".

Be careful that there are no office mates or sibilings within viewing distance, and make sure to delete your search history afterwards.

Edited by tinkerteacher

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

How do I get my grubby paws on those Hello Kitty pens?

The Platinum and Sailor Hello Kitty SE pens were, sadly, a one-off Sanrio licensing thingie that may or may not be coming back given the massive backlash against Kawaii culture that is now building up steam in Japan.

At this point, the only people with remaining stocks that are readibly accessible by non-Japanese, at least for the Preppy Hello Kitties, that I've seen are the Japanese stationary company Penroom. There maybe be a few others, and if you don't really care about quality and authenticity, I've seen a fair number of chinese fakes on eBay.

Candide, thank you for the suggestion! I looked up Sailor Clear Candies and they have some really cute limited edition ones.

Looking around, I found some on Global Rakuten and ordered the red ladybug and yellow cat - hopefully it will go through and I'll receive it maybe next month... But look at that cat!! It will be so worth it.

I didn't think too much about the ink combination! I have some very muted inks at the moment, but at some point I'm going to research and splurge and get some really unique bright colors. Do you mind showing me what your violet+white looks like? :D

Those Ladybug and Nyanko Clear Candies are so cute! Mine is the blue & white anchor print version (aka the crazy Sailor fan version :D), but I also like the Tokyo Skytree version. I hope you like your Clear Candy! :D

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

The Platinum and Sailor Hello Kitty SE pens were, sadly, a one-off Sanrio licensing thingie that may or may not be coming back given the massive backlash against Kawaii culture that is now building up steam in Japan.

At this point, the only people with remaining stocks that are readibly accessible by non-Japanese, at least for the Preppy Hello Kitties, that I've seen are the Japanese stationary company Penroom. There maybe be a few others, and if you don't really care about quality and authenticity, I've seen a fair number of chinese fakes on eBay.

Thanks for the heads up on the Preppy pens @ Penroom - I remember seeing those a while ago and then forgot about them. On the plus side they appear to have extremely competitively priced Pelikan's (M1000 for CAD550) and since my brithday is on Sunday and it would only be prudent to combine shipping... you get the idea :)

@the OP - I am sorry I threadjacked... The Sailor Clear Candy is a nice daily writer - bought one for a friend and she loves it.

I'm not exactly up to date with Japanese culture - what is this kawaii backlash? I only know that the 'moe' obsession is getting old, but I haven't heard anything about the kawaii cute things.

@the OP - I am sorry I threadjacked... The Sailor Clear Candy is a nice daily writer - bought one for a friend and she loves it.

It's no threadjacking, and anyway I'm glad that you did! I never heard of the Penroom so I am looking into it to browse their pens. I wouldn't have found out about it otherwise!

Thanks for the heads up on the Preppy pens @ Penroom - I remember seeing those a while ago and then forgot about them. On the plus side they appear to have extremely competitively priced Pelikan's (M1000 for CAD550) and since my brithday is on Sunday and it would only be prudent to combine shipping... you get the idea :)

Given the brittle nature of Platinum Preppy barrels and the intended consumer's age group, it's quite possible those Preppy Hello Kitty Special Editions will become valuable in a few years time. (or, at least that's what I tell people wondering what a forty-something man is doing using one)

Yes, you'll find prices for German pens are cheaper in Japan than they are in Germany itself because of all the competition.

edit: Be careful of Penroom. While they do carry out-of-production, rare and also hand-crafted artisanal stationary, they also tack on an 8% gaijin fee other merchants on Rakuten don't. The store Gizumi linked to are much better in that respect.

Edited by tinkerteacher

This I could go for... Nakaya rolling stopper cat, with sapphire eyes.

http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Nakaya%20Pens/Accessories/Rollstopper/nakaya-rollstopper-cat-sapphire.jpg

:yikes: Where do I get one of these pens?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

:yikes: Where do I get one of these pens?

Do you have USD 700 for the pen, and USD 250 for the cat?

(those are real sapphires)

If so, nibs.com .

Do you have USD 700 for the pen, and USD 250 for the cat?

(those are real sapphires)

If so, nibs.com .

Or you can spend $0.99 on this cute kitty and added to any pen... :lol:

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1160754165_1/Cute-Silver-Cat-Shaped-Ring-With-Rhinestone-Eyes-Adjustable-and-Resizeable.jpg_350x350.jpg

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

FYI someone just put up one of the Sailor LE hello kittys for sale in the classifieds (not my listing).

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

I bought a whole set of Miffy's Garden themed FP's on eBay. They are stinkin' adorable, and I use them for my planner. Here's an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ShangHai-M-G-Miffys-Garden-Fine-Nib-Fountain-Pen-for-School-w-Bottled-Ink-G-/321361835980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4ad2a877cc

They come in yellow, pink, green, and a teal color. ^_^; Even cheapie pens can be fun!

Oh lor, I'm supposed to be on a pen economy drive until July, and this thread has capsized it.

Can I ask those who have Sailor Clear Candies... do they take standard Sailor cartridges? A Sailor converter?

I only ask because I've ordered a couple, well, three CCs from Rakuten.

Thanks!

PORTIA DA COSTA
writing erotica and erotic romance since 1991/

born again fountain pen addict
http://www.portiadacosta.com

Yes, the Clear Candies take the standard Sailor cartridges and converters. I use the converter in mine. :)

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

Yes, the Clear Candies take the standard Sailor cartridges and converters. I use the converter in mine. :)

Smashing! Thanks. Think I'll get a converter for more choice of ink.

Can't wait to see the pens. I got confirmation of order today. I'm getting 'desist & anchor', 'beckoning, pink' and 'strawberry milk'. LOL

PORTIA DA COSTA
writing erotica and erotic romance since 1991/

born again fountain pen addict
http://www.portiadacosta.com