Epic Harlequin Deluxe

Scriptorium Pens

This entire pen was designed around the cap finial inlay, featuring an antique brass button ca. 1888 with the image of a jester or harlequin. The button is large, with a diameter of 17mm, so the pen is oversized to accommodate it. The cap is 19.1mm in diameter, and the barrel is 15.37mm at the threads & 16.3mm at the widest. The cap band and clip are brass. The materials are Ruby Water and Black acrylic, which perfectly carry out the harlequin theme with their colors. Extra space has been drilled out inside the barrel to allow for larger ink capacity in eyedropper mode, though the pen can use a converter or cartridge as well. The inside is fully sanded and polished to show off the ink sloshing around. The red part of the finial has been drilled all the way through to allow light to show through the transparency there. Though the button has an open design, it is completely sealed off from the rest of the cap. That finial was a bear to make, but it all finally came together in the end for a really nice outcome!

fpn_1428416168__600_epic_harlequin_delux

fpn_1428416194__600_epic_harlequin_delux

fpn_1428416222__600_epic_harlequin_delux

fpn_1428416156__600_epic_harlequin_delux

fpn_1428416242__600_epic_harlequin_delux

fpn_1428416256__600_epic_harlequin_delux

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scriptorium Pens

• WetNoodle

• Mainecoon

• Ian the Jock

It looks like a lot of know how, experience, and an interesting idea all coming together for a fantastic pen! Fantastic results!

I'm with the rest in saying......WOW.

And in my colours too.

If I wanted a pen made, it would look like this.

This has got to be "my ultimate pen"

Now where did I put those re-mortgage documents?

Ian

Your skill never cease to improve. I can feel your pen making spirit. fantastic work!!

I can't believe I'm making fountain pens! pen.18111.com

Wow, that's a really great looking pen, fantastic!!!!

Happy Writing!, Mainecoon

Dreams are presentiments of what you are able to accomplish (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

double post, my first ever :) , sorry folks

Edited by Mainecoon

Happy Writing!, Mainecoon

Dreams are presentiments of what you are able to accomplish (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

Thanks for posting the Epic Harlequin Deluxe! I can't wait to get it in my mitts!

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

-Fred Allen 1894-1956

I will amend my Walmart remark about one of your eariler pens. I now need to buy TWO years worth of your production...

I just looked at the medallion a little more closely. Is that a Pelican the Harlequin has by the neck?

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Don't think it's a pelican. Jesters and harlequins are often depicted as holding staffs with a jester's face on it. I think it's more like this:

http://4vector.com/i/free-vector-jester-clip-art_109249_Jester_clip_art_hight.png

-Fred Allen 1894-1956

O: Stunning! I don't even have enough words to sing the praises of this design. Good gods!! Congrats to both the maker and the recipient. ;)

Just received this pen in the mail. GIGANTIC. I love it. Thank you so much Renee.

-Fred Allen 1894-1956

The care you take in sanding and polishing your products truly sets you apart from most other makers.

-Evan