Who Is Actively Offering Pro Repairs At The Moment?

fatveg

Hi guys, I recently picked up this pretty Waterman 452 1/2 Filigree. It needs a new sac and a clip-ball. I could probably do the sac myself, except I don't want to damage it getting the section off.

post-120286-0-79018200-1428364970_thumb.jpg

I've looked around for some pros to send it to -- the trouble is the board favorites don't seem to be active at the moment. Richard Binder and Ron Z. aren't accepting mailed pens right now, and John Mottishore seems to have a 6-month backlog.

Any suggestions for US-based pros that you can recommend? Thanks a ton!

Chris.

I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose

Drinking fresh mango juice

Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes

Fun, Fun, Fun in the Sun, Sun, Sun

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndrewC

• penmanila

• fatveg

• EBUCKTHORN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a link to PenHero's Pen Bookmark page, which has a partial list of repair people.

http://www.penhero.com/PenBookmarks_PenRepair.htm

Indy-Pen-Dance do work (apprenticed to Richard Binder, who is retired I hear), Deb Kinney, Inkpen Vintage pen, Mike-It-Work, Northwest Penworks, Stuart Hawkinson, The Write Pen, The Fountain Pen Shop (Monrovia CA, not sure if he still does repair work).

All in the US. All people I have had work done by or know someone who has.

Some people say they march to a different drummer. Me? I hear bagpipes.

Thanks! That's a useful list.

I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose

Drinking fresh mango juice

Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes

Fun, Fun, Fun in the Sun, Sun, Sun

For the clip ball, that's Andy Beliveau's specialty. He did one for me in sterling silver a few years ago on a Waterman overlay for a very reasonable price and it was perfect. I don't have his contact info just now but he works out of Boston, I think.

Check out my blog and my pens

Jim Baer has worked on some Shaeffers for me and the work certainly appears satisfactory. I've since met him at the Philly show and he seems to be pretty nice fellow, as well. He does have a wait list but it was only a few weeks last fall. framebaer@verizon.net

For some reason I missed the clip ball. I know Daniel Kirchheimer does repair to metal work on pens, perhaps he could do it? I have heard nothing but glowing reports of his work, and the stuff he has done that have seen pics of has all be great. Plus, IIRC, he is a mod here somewhere.

http://home.comcast.net/~kirchh/Pen_Restoration/

• 2 weeks later...

here's what andy did for me, from this:

8088256923_3372465f9f_z.jpg

to this:

8122571345_fa8b6780fa_z.jpg

turnaround time was one week, price was amazingly affordable. you can email him at afrbeliveau@verizon.net.

For the clip ball, that's Andy Beliveau's specialty. He did one for me in sterling silver a few years ago on a Waterman overlay for a very reasonable price and it was perfect. I don't have his contact info just now but he works out of Boston, I think.

Edited by penmanila

Check out my blog and my pens

Wow! Excellent work. I will be sure to (try to) remember this for future reference.