P75 Sterling Silver Cisele

mitto

This pen is one of my favorites but I like the tarnished look and rarely use a cloth to wipe mine. In fact, when I first got them (I have the set) I exposed them to some boiled eggs to darken the patina.

Unless you are an expert I would not advise trying to 'fix' the small dents. From my point of view they are just another part of the character of these particular pens.

Enjoy.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• Manalto

• Matlock

• prf5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a 75 in very similar condition to the one in mitto's photos. Is it safe to use the jewelry cloth on all parts of the pen? Or is there some parts I should avoid?

I agree with Manalto, mitto, the enamel makes the pen look a little "cheap" so you have the better version.

Which ones has the enamel, only the French models or also USA models?

Regards,

daffie

Which ones has the enamel, only the French models or also USA models?

Regards,

daffie

Later models have enamel so, probably, the French ones. Production moved to France fairly early.

Peter

My pen is :

"(logo) PARKER

Sterling Silver USA"

with no date code.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

My pen is :

"(logo) PARKER

Sterling Silver USA"

with no date code.

Production of the 75 ceased in USA in 1981 so very few would have a date code. French 75s mostly have such a code.

Peter

Lih -Tah Wong's Parker75.com website has excellent information, including polishing advice and restoring the grid lines if necessary. Years ago, I destroyed the grid lines of my 75 by using silver polish. Recently, I took Lih-Tah's advice and it works. Over the course of years the lines had begun to re-emerge. I must say that the pen was beautiful and distinctive when the lines were subtle.

Lih -Tah Wong's Parker75.com website has excellent information, including polishing advice and restoring the grid lines if necessary. Years ago, I destroyed the grid lines of my 75 by using silver polish. Recently, I took Lih-Tah's advice and it works. Over the course of years the lines had begun to re-emerge. I must say that the pen was beautiful and distinctive when the lines were subtle.

And what was that advice? Would you like to share?

Khan M. Ilyas

And what was that advice? Would you like to share?

I suggest that you go to www.parker75.com and consult the FAQ. Lih-Tah's site is rich and informative.

Here's my one Estate sale score.

2012-08-12_13-39-25_829.jpg

After I pointed out to the Professional Estate sales person that there was no converter to use with bottle ink and "that nib

looks like it needs some attention", I got it for $25.

2012-08-14_15-00-19_464.jpg

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I have a sterling silver Parker ciselé ballpoint pen that I gave my father back in the 70's. After he died it sat in my drawer for some years and tarnished all over. I started taking it to work in my pocket and using it every day. The pen took on a nice shine from handling, leaving a perfect dark patina in the grooves and the highlights beautiful. Never polished it.

If you carry it and use it a lot you won't need to use any polishing cloth or anything. It will form a great patina and shine to it with loving use.

Now I want one to go with the ballpoint!

Eschew Sesquipedalian Obfuscation

Bruce,

Wonderful find at a great price. Congratulations! The more I see these the more it confirms the elegance of these pens. I just haven't found one for myself at a reasonable ($25? I wish!) price.

James

If you carry it and use it a lot you won't need to use any polishing cloth or anything. It will form a great patina and shine to it with loving use. Now I want one to go with the ballpoint!

And there's also a pencil!

I have two, but I thought they were only in the Sonnet line.

No the Soft Tip/Fibre Tip was available and later the French Roller Ball.

Peter

Just chuckling again on my Ciselle.

Only 1 out of 2 Estate sales I've been to had any pens. This one had mostly junk, but there was this Ciselle and actually the pencil that I probably should have gotten but didn't. Duh. :rolleyes:

Still, I wasn't really up to speed on 75's yet. I honestly wasn't sure about that nib a stickin' out like that. I think I had my Droid X at the time so I Stealthed to the bathroom in the private house the sale was in and came to FPN for some answers. THEN I went and made my offer. :D (I think I also went to Li Tahs site and got that Grand Mal seizure out of the way when I saw P-75 parts prices...)

I've used the phone to research pen prices from pen show floors LOTS of times.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Great buy Bruce. Although I love my 51s I strongly believe that the 75 was the best pen Parker ever made. The length of time it was available speaks volumes.

Peter

Great buy Bruce. Although I love my 51s I strongly believe that the 75 was the best pen Parker ever made. The length of time it was available speaks volumes.

I agree Matlock. 75 'is' (as opposed to 'was') the best pen Parker ever made. But I find my love for 51s boundless. Also , I find the 2008 onward Sonnet (refresh) models as truly fascinating. I am constantly on the look to grab any and all versions on offer.

Khan M. Ilyas