What's Your Pelikan Everyday Writer

Albinoni

My everyday writers are m600 fine m800 fine m1000 medium. And I always carry with me 2 m200.the demo.with a BB nib and a cafe creme with ef nib.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Frank C

• RHFB

• Niagara Falls

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My everyday writting experience is with mine M800 fine nib, green stripe...

I am looking to order a spare nib for my M800 Extra fine, because of my handwritting style, The one I have is great, fine nib, but my handwritting is getting a lot bigger than usual, I prefer smaller....

My dream is M1000 green stripe with Extra fine nib....

Of my Pelikans, for everyday use, the M200 Marbled Green with a fine GP nib and Diamine Steel Blue ink is the one I turn to. Alongside it I have recently added a M200 Cafe Creme with an EF GP nib and Diamine Chocolate Brown ink. Both are excellent smooth "soft touch / delicate touch" writers and the Diamine inks seem to add that little extra smoothness. And they both look beautiful.

I also have a lovely black M600, with EF 14k nib and Pelikan Brilliant Green 4001 ink, which is used less often - mainly because of the green ink :-) . This pen was bought s/h and came with a 30ml bottle of the green - 90% full - this was the first, and only, bottle used with the pen!! I like the colour but it doesn't fit all situations, however the green stays until I finish the bottle. The nib is superb, also a light touch, though with a hint of soft "silky rasping" as it moves over the paper.

A Pentel P205 with 0.5 H lead (very old) and a Pentel A315 with 0.5 2B lead complete my most used writing objects

John

Today is Yesterday's Tomorrow :-)

For All The Times That Might Have Been We Only Have The Now

www.africanconservation.org

I have a lot of Pelikans (well, maybe not as many as some in this subforum!), but I see three that are constantly inked:

Pelikan M600 Blue Stripe (Post-2005): 14k Fine nib - currently inked with Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki-Yo

Pelikan 400 Brown Tortoise (early 1950's): 14k KEF nib - currently inked with J. Herbin Lie de The

Pelikan M200 Blue Marbled (1997-2005): Steel M nib - currently inked with Parker Quink Permanent Blue Black

I keep the M200 in my coat/(bleep) (depending on the season) pocket 24/7 and use it whenever I need to take a quick note. I have my M600 in its original pearl leatherette envelope and use it for longer notetaking sessions and exams. I keep the 400 in a pen case with other pens, and it normally comes out when I have the time to sit down and write for a long time - journalling, letters, poetry...

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.”

Graham Greene

My Pelikans that get to go out, carried in a shirt breast pocket, are my M620 City Series pens. I rotate the 5 that have 0.7mm CI nibs. I may also carry a M600 with a EF nib, for signing stuff.

At home, I am a bit more likely to use an M800. My TS is the one currently inked.

David

I have been using a 140 and a 100 lately. The 100 has a steel nib from the war time that's a double broad and it sort of sings when I use it. I have no idea why I like the 100 as much as I do but I just do!!!

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

I don't have many, and I use them all about the same. Currently, I'm using

M600 Green Striped (EF)

M805 Blue Striped (M)

M800 Browntortoise (EF)

but they will get out of rotation as soon as they run out of ink.

Actually there is one that I use less than my other pens, the M640 Mount Everest (M). I love it, but I think it is a bit too flashy to bring to the office and I only use it at home.

I'm almost always carrying my black m200 with medium nib (I had been using a fine but found it too scratchy).

Just have one--but I use it every day at work: M805 (black & silver trim)!

Used to be my M800 Red M. Then my M800 Black OM. Now it's my M800 Tortoise F. Looking forward to an M805 Stresemann EF.

My daily writer is Pelikan 1931 white gold. Right one is original 110.post-76165-0-47889000-1428835501_thumb.j

I read here or somewhere else that nowadays nickel cannot be used for alloy by regulation in Europe.

Thus, the body is rhodium-plated to look like "white" gold.

Is that right?

post-76165-0-47889000-1428835501_thumb.jpg

Edited by tacitus

Please visit my website Modern Pelikan Pens for the latest information. It is updating and correcting original articles posted in "Dating Pelikan fountain Pen".

A M200 with a F nib and a 140 that has a modern M200 nib (F) that I modified myself in a F to M stub. This are used at home and in my pocket I have a M150 (W. Germany) with an F.

Lately, it's been an M101n Lizard with an extra-fine nib and Pelikan Blue-Black Ink. I also like to carry an M800 or M1000, but usually not all three.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

My current EDC is the Pelikan M320 in ruby red and filled with Binder Burgundy. It's a lovely pen and beautiful writer (B nib). Works like a charm in my small hands.