Edmonton Fountain Pen Club Meet

bluejay

Another Edmonton Fountain Pen Club Meet! WhooHoo

April 11, 11:30am, Enterprise Square

We are meeting at the same place at Enterprise Square. We will be one the the few folks around 1-2 tables in the cafeteria. We usually stay till 1pm. PM me if you are coming late. I will try to stay a bit longer for you

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Technomancer

• Freedom

• bluejay

• Mags

Jay have a super time. What new pens are you carrying lately?

Post a picture or two from the Edmonton pen meeting and let us see some of those new and latest acquisitions of Western Canada Pen lovers please!

I picked a Pelikan 100N BB and a Cafe Creme with a F nib (delivery on the 200 is still pending).

Mags

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Mags,

Thanks for the wishes. I'm not carrying anything new from the collection I showed you. I basically can't handle more than 12 pens. I've been good and have not added nor subtracted from the pens I have. I am looking at a conklin endura vintage.

Mags,

Thanks for the wishes. I'm not carrying anything new from the collection I showed you. I basically can't handle more than 12 pens. I've been good and have not added nor subtracted from the pens I have. I am looking at a conklin endura vintage.

I think you would like a Waterman 55 1/2 or maybe that new Cafe Creme with an XF accountant nib on it. I do admire your restraint and keeping yourself at 12 pens.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Meant to make it downtown yesterday and drop in, but didn't. I do have you guys pencilled in for next month, however!

What does everyone usually bring?

Ryan.

Ryan,

We meet every second Saturday at the enterprise square downtown around 11:30am. So May 9th. Most of us brings inks and pens, paper to try out pens with. Sometimes desk sets, fountain pen books :)

Just bring yourself and your pens to talk about.

Jay

• 1 year later...

Awesome! Thx for the info Technomancer :thumbup:

I've been keeping an eye on the Edmonton Fountain Pen Club site for quite some times but

I always check the "Recent Posts" for the next meeting date. Since the Meets aren't always posted in that section, I should have just showed up on every second Sat of the month regardless... I've missed so many dammit! lol

I will be there on Sep 10th!!!

Edited by Freedom

Mike L.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, today was my very first Club meet and I really enjoyed myself :D

It is kinda neat to have the opportunity to interact with people in the hobby!

See you all next month :)

Mike L.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I will attend this meeting. How long do they normally last?

Sorry, I don't check this thread much...I should subscribe to it. It's a come and go as you are able affair. It usually lasts 2 hours if you come at the beginning and leave with everyone else, but as I said, come for it all or only for a while we're glad to have you.

Next meeting Oct. 8th.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder. Our next meeting is this Saturday. As always you can walk past the group a few times to make sure we aren't too "weird" for you before joining :)

11:30 am
Enterprise Square (the food court by the U of A Extension), 10230 Jasper Ave NW

We are going to be discussing Pens of the World! Bring your pens from far flung locations or ones that are made closer to home. Let's see how many countries we can get around the table!

Edited by Technomancer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...