Kaweco Elite F -- How Fine Is It?

pkshiu

Hi Kaweco Elite owners,

I have been a kaweco fans for awhile using a pair of AL sports with the interchangable nibs between several of their models. I am really attracted to the Elite design, but seems like it only comes in F/M/B with a different nib type/size. I love the EF nib on the AL sport, and find the F nib too wide. Does anyone have both types an can comment on the F nib size compare to EF's?

Thanks,

P.K.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pkshiu

• Bold2013

• notimetoulouse

• Christopher Godfrey

Hey if you get the pen you have to review it.

Absolutely -- got to save some $$ first though !

P.K.

I have seen some well priced ones on ebay directly from Germany. (Especially since the euro to dollar value is down)

Interesting @bold2013 . You are right. They are slightly cheaper. I am worry about custom and delay though.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for resuscitating an old(-ish) thread; but will someone tell me about Elite and Dia lines of Kaweco, please? Is Elite top-of-the-line? Where did Dia fit in the general picture?

• 1 year later...

Chris I have two Kaweco classic clear demonstrators, and a Dia 2 in black with chrome furniture, all with EF nibs. The Elite is the top of the line, with the Kaweco lineup being:

The classic (in many different incarnations (starts £18 ish),

The clipless Lilliput all metal pocket pen (£42 upwards to £109),

The Student, a full size pen, resin body (£42)

The superslim AL special, full size Aluminium body (£73)

The Allrounder - the student with a glossy metal barrel and cap (£75)

The Dia 2, slightly smaller, black resin body (£78)

All the above pens have the same small Kaweco steel nib.

And the top of the line Elite, with its octagonal resin body and large size nib sits up there at £120.

Personally, my classics were a novelty that has worn off; one had a true EF nib, the other a 'Fat F', so they rarely see the light of day. The Dia 2 however, is a very classy little beast that writes like a dream, and is full of German precision, I could write with it (and look at the finish of it) all day long.

I'm buying an Elite next month, but needed to check first if the F nib was narrow enough for my handwriting. Luckily, the penandinkwell has posted a YT video of an F and it looks spot on. I love Kaweco build quality, and the octagonal 'won't roll off your desk' barrel of the Eiite intrigues me.

Be aware that these are English prices, but I bought my Dia by logging into Hamazon dot de where I found them selling for £52 post free. All the other Kawecos are available from Germany at greatly reduced prices, and it's well worth the effort and have a mooch about.

Hope this helps.

I might be old, but at least I got to see all the best Bands.