Montblanc Pour Vacheron Constantin

chrishenline

Does anyone have any information on this pen? I know it is very rare and I have just purchased the 146, but honestly know nothing about it! I see the VC emblem in the pen, so I assume it is more than a corporate gift. I know that VC is also owned by the Richemont Group. Any help would be appreciated, especially if anyone can express some sort of valuation for the pen! Thanks guys!

Chris Henline

post-114936-0-06353600-1427552802_thumb.jpeg

post-114936-0-10351100-1427552804_thumb.jpeg

post-114936-0-62306900-1427552806_thumb.jpg

post-114936-0-15137200-1427552809_thumb.jpeg

post-114936-0-14406200-1427552811_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• chrishenline

• FredRydr

• EclecticCollector

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct, corporate advertising. It might have special value to a VC watch owner but other than that no real extra value. Kinda like a one with the Cadillac crown or Mercedes three point star but no where near as interesting as a Hello Kitty one.

Correct, corporate advertising. It might have special value to a VC watch owner but other than that no real extra value. Kinda like a one with the Cadillac crown or Mercedes three point star but no where near as interesting as a Hello Kitty one.

The problem with knowing how much more you know than me is never knowing when you're just joking around... :)

Haha but they must have some value considering (1) it is a 146, and (2) it is a very rare piece with a luxury name attached to it, sort of like Hermès ties with Bentley logos going for $400+. I felt as though I got a great price for it, but would love to know how much it is really worth. Also, I assumed corporate advertising only had the company/employee's name engraved on the pen and an inscription in the service guide noting the addition of engravings. I didn't figure they would actually have special edition boxes, a completely new design on the pen barrel/tip, and a custom nib. It's really a beautiful design and very rare, so I would think there would be some collector value there just for those reasons alone. I have found very little information on the pen online, so anyone's knowledge is very greatly beneficial to me! :)

It's unusual, but pieces like this cannot be easily appraised because there is no track record to go by. It's not silver or gold (other than the nib), so there is no intrinsic value. I suggest you run a completed sale search on eBay for 146-size Doue fountain pens that are not silver or gold, and that will give you a rough idea. You can certainly ask for more based on rarity, but you will have to wait for the right buyer.

Fred

Try googling a little more. I know there is info out there.

This was a corporate gift pen for VC with their logo all over it. I recall it being tied to their 125th anniversary. I think it was for staff and some give aways. I don't recall it being numbered or an official limited edition from MB. I imagine VC had a fair number made.

I would put a slight premium for those who collect advertisement pens, but that is a small market. For the general person I would say you will not get a premium.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

And it is still not a "Hello Kitty" 146:

http://www.fototime.com/C943DBC4DB6938D/large.jpg

And it is still not a "Hello Kitty" 146:

Aye.....and real men wear pink kilts and a Hello Kitty sporran.....

Fred

Edited by Freddy