Beginner Pen Trio Pif With Fude

Sailor Kenshin

At least, I classify these as beginner pens! From left to right:

Leonardo 'Silver Check' fude-nibbed pen that takes standard international cartridges or a converter, light weight. If you were ever curious about writing with a fude, this is your chance to find out.

Duke 2008. Ribbed silvertone barrel and red cap with cloud design. Dryish, medium-fine nib. C/c filler.

Xfountainpens/Bulow/Jinhao 450 in soft brushed gold. Wet, wet, medium nib. Heavy. C/c filler, shaped section.

16916247811_6d9a0d577d_c.jpg

Reply with a bit about yourself and pen likes and dislikes. Will ship to CONUS only, and announce winner at random. Thanks!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• jfszabo20

• Linkdeath

• lionheartlee

What a very generous pif...... thank you.

Sadly I'm "out of range" or I'd be after that Leonardo with the fude.

Whoever gets that will love it, fudes are great fun.

The generosity on fpn never ceases to amaze me.

Cheers

Ian

Wow, this is such a generous pen giveaway.

I personally like pens that are odd but still cool looking. I also love the cool looks of some pens like the Monteverde Jewelria for its cool design. Now for the dislikes, I personally dislike pens that are badly built or uneven weight distribution. Other than that, I pretty much like all pens.. Finally, something about myself, I'm a High School student that loves to write with Fountain Pens, even though our school is Tech-Incorporated... I don't know if this is needed, but I do love older type of music hmm...

-RTMC

Favorite Ink and Pen Combinations:

Monteverde Jewelria in Fine with Noodlers Liberty's Elysium

Jinhao x450 with a Goulet X-Fine Nib with Noodlers Liberty's Elysium

Lamy Al-Star BlueGreen in Extra Fine with Parker Quink Black

Pilot Metropolitan in Medium with Parker Quink Black

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Hi. I'm a wedding photographer/ artistic type and I'm brand new to fountain pens. I'm really liking the FP world. :) I'm such a newbie though so I have no idea what a fude is. I googled it and a video comes up with all bent nibs like the one in the picture- is that done on purpose or does fude mean its bent and try your luck? :-)

I purchased a pilot metropolitan and a noodlers ahab and have been enjoying playing with different inks etc.

I've been playing with the Noodler's Ahab and adjusting the nib/ feed etc and accidentally learned that you can leave the nib out too far and it damaged the nib when I put the cap back on. :-( I was happy to find it was a few dollars only to replace that particular nib! Whew! I also have been trying different types of paper! So fun!

My kiddos are young and I've been trying to get my 10 year old son to write nicer so I purchased a cheap disposable style fountain pen for him hoping that using less pressure will help him write neater! We will see if its a successful venture! Is crazy to me kids don't learn even nice printing let alone cursive nowadays! Oh and I am in the CONUS! :)

We turn not older with years, but newer with days. ~ Emily Dickinson

First off nice PIF. I am rather new to FPs, I just started using them about two months ago. I am in school for engineering and I work about 60 hours a week so I write ALOT!! I don't know that much about FPs but I am curious to know exactly what a fude nib is. I am in the "experimental" stage, trying different pens and inks. I would definitely love having either one of the pens your offering.

I am a student at Portland State University, studying community development. Fountain pens allow me to take much more notes in class, allowing me to do better in school. I used to hate writing, but now I find it fun and I take pages of notes every class. I like wider, lighter weight pens that can be used for hours on end. I don't like super heavy pens, no matter how well they're built. Thanks!

"Oh deer."

Awesome of you for your generosity! I'm Pretty new to FPs and I really want to grow my collection. I'm a junior in high school and taking notes with nice pens is kinda my obsession. I really like minimalistic pens that aren't too flashy, but I like to use something vintage looking or something stands out once in a while and I really like the designs on the pens your giving away. I don't like plastic pens, even if they feel sturdy enough. I much prefer metal or sometimes resin. Though I'm fairly new to the FP world and this forum, I hope you'll consider me!

Fantasy is Eminent when Reality is Sufficient.

Hi! I'm a newbie fountain pen user... I got into them a little less than a year ago and I'm still learning! (latest newbie mistake: trying to fit an international standard long catridge into a kaweco pen. Oops)

I love the availability of inks with fountain pens... I think half the fun is finding the right shade of ink. I guess the only thing I don't like about the FP world is that it is slowly eating away at my wallet!

Hi!

I'm Nicole. Somewhat of a newbie FP user -- I have been on the bandwagon for about 2 months now, and have fallen so deeply in love with the way FPs write that it pains me to use any other writing instrument... Well, other than a calligraphy or dip pen, that is.

I would be ever so grateful for the opportunity to try out a fude nib. Summer just started (this past Saturday) for me, and I'm trying my hand at calligraphy, as a summer project. I managed to acquire an inexpensive dip pen set through my parents' generosity, but I think a fude pen would be easier to work with, and give me more polished results. I am a big fan of lightweight pens (my exam pens are a pair of Sailor Clear Candy FPs), and I think the Leonardo (which I have never seen before) would be an excellent addition to my small, but growing collection.

Hoping to be fortunate enough to try this pen out for myself. Thank you for your generosity in sharing your pens with us, and for the opportunity to receive one. :)

Member of the postcard and letter exchanges -- please PM me if you're interested in corresponding :)

http://i.imgur.com/WXi8bhb.jpg

I'd love to be considered.

I'm pretty new to the FP world and I've already gotten my 9 year old daughter liking FP's as well. I love the fact that a FP is something that is a bit of a conversation starter. THey are not really expensive to get into (although they can be REALLy expensive too) and after some practice they are amazingly nice to write with. I'd love to be able to give one of these to my daughter to begin her collection.

Oops.

Due to 'circumstances,' I have to end this a day early...Thursday, not Friday. Winner will be announced late Thursday afternoon. Thank you for your patience...and your interesting replies!

I'd like to put my hat in the ring, so to speak. Hoping I'm not *too* late. I'm new to fountain pens, having gotten my first back in January. Had never held one before that! I figured out what a "fude" was by looking at your photo, and I have to admit to be very curious what writing with that would be like! Right now, I only own a Pilot Metro and a Noodler's Ahab which I *think* I might have finally writing tolerably well. I like drier pens with finer nibs, personally. My only frustration with my Metro is that it came with a medium nib. But it was a gift, so I can't complain! I still haven't bought a bottle of ink, I've gotten a bunch of samples and am having too much fun trying them all out to commit to a bottle of anything yet!

(edited to add pen likes and dislikes)

Edited by Linkdeath

Might as well throw my name in the pot as well!

-Im a 23 year old collage student studying Criminal Justice. Newly into FP's and loving every second of it. never heard of the fude before this post ant it looks interesting to say the least. I think the reason I find myself liking FP's more and more is because it makes me slow down and actually appreciate what im writing. I find the process of filling the ink, and even flushing my pen to be therapeutic and also the process of writing is a major stress release for me. I'd gladly use these pens if chosen and will pay it forward down the road when able to.

I'd love to be considered.

I'm pretty new to the FP world and I've already gotten my 9 year old daughter liking FP's as well. I love the fact that a FP is something that is a bit of a conversation starter. THey are not really expensive to get into (although they can be REALLy expensive too) and after some practice they are amazingly nice to write with. I'd love to be able to give one of these to my daughter to begin her collection.

All right...gotta close up.

Jfszabo20...The Random Numberizer picked you! Please PM me your address.

I appreciate everyone who entered. Keep an eye out for my future PIfs, and thanks.