Piquadro Nikolai 3 Pen And 2 Pen Zippered Cases Available

ehallspqr

Don't know if this should be in the review section. If so Mod. please relocate it.

Have seen several threads by people looking for Piquadro Nikolai 2/3 pen cases and the 2 pen wallets. These are all still available from an ebay seller located in Australia if your willing to pay the steep price for shipping. The upside is you get your Piquadro wallet or case very quickly. Mine took exactly 6 days, Australia to West coast USA, including a weekend and sitting in customs a day.

After receiving it, I can now see why these are so coveted. Beautiful Italian craftsmanship and premium leather that smells wonderful. Mine is the 2 pen zippered wallet style and can hold a small note pad or notebook like the Rhodia 3" x 4 3/4". There is room for a few sheets of Visconti blotting papers as well as 4 slots for a drivers license and credit/debit cards. Even a pocket for paper money. As long as a persons is reasonable about what they carry in the wallet portion (I.E. no George Costanza wallets) the Piquadro could serve as both pen case, note pad and light duty wallet, all in a fairly compact package. It is pocketable in loose fitting pants. Shirt pocket is also a possibility although in your shirt it would be quite a load and probably sag down.

Size is 16cm tall x 8.6 wide x 2.5cm thick. In inches - 6.25" x 3 3/8th x 1" It can accommodate my largest pens that I have at the moment, a Edison Collier and a Omas 360 classic. My MB 149 is in the pen shop at the moment but I'm certain it would fit.

Those looking for a similar in quality product along the same lines but slightly larger? Pilot Somes basically makes the same style zippered wallet that will accommodate 3 pens and a 4" x 6" note pad. Japanese ebay sellers have those for sale.

The usual. I have no affiliation with ebay or any sellers of these products on ebay. Good luck with your search for the perfect EDC pen case. I think I have found mine.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/ehallspqr/piquadro%20case%20open.jpg

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/ehallspqr/piquadro%20case%20closed.jpg

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/ehallspqr/piquadro%20case%20holding.jpg

"Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into are awake through the years with transferred touch and go on glowing for long years. And for this reason, some old things are lovely warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ehallspqr

• fountainpenlady

• Newjelan

• mandrbeck

Those are really beautiful! Many years ago, I had a black two pen one I think. I found, they like the Montblanc one also owned, some years ago the leather is buttery soft. The first pen case you have here is my favorite of the two shown. I love its character and color. What pens do you have in it?

I am going to conclude here, right now, I possess so many cases, rolls for my collection, every time I go outside of my residence and use them in rotation, they look for paparazzi; they believe surely they are competing and being pampered like celebrities on the red carpet. :lticaptd:

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

I possess so many cases, rolls for my collection, every time I go outside of my residence and use them in rotation, they look for paparazzi; they believe surely they are competing and being pampered like celebrities on the red carpet. :lticaptd:

That's funny FPLady. I never understood why people will stick a $1000 dollar pen in a cheap case. Guess they would rather save the money and spend it on more pens? Me personally I like the whole experience of a finely crafted pen in a finely crafted case, the sum of which conveys a certain level of panache. Back when I was an engineer I always had my drafting ink pen, mechanical pencil and a pocket slide rule in a nice leather Nerd Pack instead of the common plastic type. Some things never change.

The pens shown are a Edison Collier in Orange Persimmon Swirl. The Red one is a Ruby Omas 360 Classic Vision. Both are right at 6" long and max 16mm diameter so they are big pens. The pen loops are nice and roomy and one could put the pens into the loop, clip and all.

Yes Italian leather and the MB cases are extremely high grade products. This case is smooth & buttery, it is a little stiff being new but I'm sure it will break in nicely overtime. I've seen photos of Piquadro cases that are 10 years + old and they have held together and taken on a nice worn patina that fits well with an expensive FP. The Pilot Some cases are also very high grade but Japanese leather is thicker and a bit stiffer. A different strategy perhaps?

I had previously purchases a couple very inexpensive leather cases from ebay for a mere pittance. Shipped across an Ocean all for less than $15 apiece. The one broke the zipper right away and the second the leather finish is flaking away. Both had an odd odor to them and the quality is sub par. What did I expect right? Not worth the risk of keeping my pens in them so off to GoodWill they went. When not in the leather case I store my pens in old Silverware rolls like the green one in the photo. They are supposed to keep metalwork free from corrosion and tarnish. People can get these for very inexpensive off ebay or from local antique stores.

Edited by ehallspqr

"Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into are awake through the years with transferred touch and go on glowing for long years. And for this reason, some old things are lovely warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

I have several Piquadro products, including a zippered pen/pencil case, A4 notebook cover, A5 Compendium, 2 handbags and 1 briefcase. Their products are beautiful and the quality is impeccable. I've had all of mine for several years and they'rve been subjected to rough treatment and remain stunningly beautiful, not to mention, functional. I can't recommend them highly enough. (No affiliation)

I have several Piquadro products, including a zippered pen/pencil case, A4 notebook cover, A5 Compendium, 2 handbags and 1 briefcase. Their products are beautiful and the quality is impeccable. I've had all of mine for several years and they'rve been subjected to rough treatment and remain stunningly beautiful, not to mention, functional. I can't recommend them highly enough. (No affiliation)

I'm really impressed with the quality of their products if the one case I have is any indication. Been using mine for the last few days on a trip to the Ocean resort to carry my pens/notepad and act as my wallet. Works pretty good although I wish I could use a the slightly larger 3.5" x 5.5" standard pad. It is just a tiny bit too narrow to take the larger pad. With everything loaded in the case it closes just fine and there's not much strain on the zipper. Pockets well.

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/ehallspqr/Piquadro%20pen%20wallet%20with%20contents.jpg

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr183/ehallspqr/Piquadro%20pen%20wallet%20loaded.jpg

• 1 year later...

I know this is a year old, but I ran across the same wallet and the 2 pen case adjustable case. They are stunning.