Need A New Blue Ink

Charles Skinner

I need a new blue ink. Please list your favorites. The one I am using now, causes problems with some of my pens. I want a strong blue, not a light blue. Thanks for you help.

C. S.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Octo

• javierba73

• jmccarty3

You may like Private Reserve Black Magic Blue. I always have it loaded in one of my pens. It's dark blue (not blue-black) and reliable.

Try looking at web-sites of Ink manufacturers like Diamine or J.Herbin to see their colour charts showing what colours they make and which you like best

Iroshizuku Asa Gao and Kon Peki

Sheaffer Skrip Blue

Herbin Eclat de Saphir

Sailor Jentle Blue

In order to make meaningful recommendations it would be helpful to know what ink, pens, and what kind of problems you want to resolve by changing inks.

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

Quink Blue, believe it or not. (Not the Washable blue!)

Diamine Majestic blue

Private Reserve DC Supershow blue

Akkerman Shocking blue

KWZI blue #s 1, 2 and 3 (I also like the IG blues, but doubt they would qualify as pure blue)

Bril Royal blue

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Diamine Anniversary Regency Blue

Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire

Aurora Blue

De Atramentis Dark Blue

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I don't really like blue. But, here are a few I do like:

1. Noodler's Baystate Blue (very bright and intense)

2. Noodler's Navy (nice shading)

3. Noodler's Blue (Honestly, a great color and some shading)

4. Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-peki (an interesting blue)

5. Noodler's Ottoman Azure (a nice blue with something unique about it)

6. Private Reserve Tanzanite (goes on purple but cures to a pleasant blue)

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

My favorite non-limited edition Blue inks are:

Visconti Blue: Strong, dark rich blue. Works on every one of my pens. Writes beautifully.

Pilot Blue: Another strong dark blue, a little lighter than Visconti Blue, but it has a jewel like quality about it. It also has excellent water resistance. Similar joy of writing characteristics as Visconti Blue just a bit drier.

Edited by RudyR

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

Diamine Asa Blue and Iroshizuku Asa-Gao

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

Diamine Sargasso is a little less saturated than Majestic, and thus a little easier to convince all pens to use. Quink blue is pretty good, too (not 'washable' but the regular sort), as is Waterman's Serenity Blue (which used to be Florida Blue).

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

I will second Pilot blue; it's just a good solid ink.

I'l throw Aurora Blue in the ring, too. Lovely so far. Can't tell how easy it is to clean yet, or if it's water resistant, but it's a nice blue ink. Dark blue, very readable from a fine point. A little on the wet side.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

My current favorite is Diamine Majestic Blue. A true blue which is rich and deep. It shades and sheens beautifully, and in my book is a close match to the legendary and defunct Parker Penman Sapphire.

It can cause hard-starting in some pens, and may even cause clogging if you leave it long enough, although I've never left it in a pen unused for long enough for the pen to clog. For pens which have hard-start problems, I've found a mix of 10 parts ink to 1 part water fixes it. Reduces the sheen and shading somewhat, but doesn't affect the color at all.

Edited by mariom
=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================